PDA

View Full Version : Man all of these great ammo deals...

O.S.O.K.
12-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Are killing me! I am currently living in a rental home after we sold our house here in town. All of my gun stuff is in boxes... and I have a lot of ammo - we are talking heavy heavy boxes... which have to be moved once again.

So, I just can't add to that and have to move it. Not to mention, I need to save my pennies for other stuff right now.

But it kills me as I am definately an ammo hoarder :embarrassed:

El Laton Caliente
12-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I had a 40' shipping container about 1/3rd full of just "gun stuff" when we moved into the house. Two 5½'Tx3'W Lista Cabnets, 10 of the large black plastic storage boxes and a mountain of ammo cans plus more boxes & crates.

My priorities have moved to tractors and equipment after moving into the place...

O.S.O.K.
12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
We had my son and his college roomies come help us - you should have heard the comments from them.... :lool:

The boxes marked "lead bullets" were especially funny and the "casting lead" even more so.

There aren't many substances heavier than lead that you'd encounter in a house move. :lool:

I think I may move the gun and ammo stuff up ahead of the "main" move this time. Just so I can take my time and don't have to listen to the bitching :)

I did move the guns over ahead of this last move though - it pains me enough to have all of the ammo boxes be seen.

Like my middle son tells me "you're paranoid dad" - yeah, and for good reason... I am all to aware of how the non-gun public and authorities view such.

El Laton Caliente
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I know of very few house holds in East Texas that don't have about a dozen or more guns. Our Sherriff is a Liberatarian gun nut himself. I bought a private sell pistol in the corner store 10 days ago. The owner was selling three guns for a local in need of cash; a Mini14, S&W 22A-1 and a High Point 9mm Carbine. The only thing I worry about is the few twicker theives there are out here in the woods.