PDA

View Full Version : Why so cheap

Central Fl Cracker
12-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I bought a Mosin/Nagant and paid $ 85 shipped. Me and my twin boys collect WW11 guns and we took this out o the range the other day. these are great long rifles so why are they so cheap and do u think they will ever go up in price. If so maybe I should go buy a dozen or so. Old WW11 guns will never go down in value.

O.S.O.K.
12-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Their beauty is their price, their durability, their practical quality, thier practical accuracy and the availability of inexpensive good quality milsurp ammo.

You can add to that - like collectibility, historical value, etc. but there is most certainly a lot to like. :)

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Because at the moment, there are still millions of them. It's like the Russians took a look at germany and said "What's their population? Yeah, we'll need that many. BOOMSKY!"

Get them while you can though. I doubt they will skyrocket any time in the imediate future, but the prices are creeping up on some of the rarer models, and they won;t be around forever.

$85 is a great deal. You might be able to find a cheaper rifle, but no way will it be as good a value.

Schuetzenman
12-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Various models have gone up, substantially. The 91-30 is the most common so they tend to be holding steady at around 80 bucks. Once there were Finnish Mosin - Nagant rifles for the same price. Now you can't touch a Finnish Mosin for less than $300. There use to be M38 and M44 short rifles from Russia for the same 80 buck prices up to 100. Now these are $250 ish in price if you can find them.

My advise is if you have the green to buy a couple crates and the room to store them comfortably, yeah, go do it. But don't forget the ammo. My opinion would be to get at least one 440 round spam can full of Russian made ammo for each rifle. Which btw is = to the price of the rifle now. Before 2005 you could buy 2 cans for the 80 buck price, now they are 80 a can.

American Rage
12-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I bought a Mosin/Nagant and paid $ 85 shipped.

Post a link, please.

Schuetzenman
12-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Fixed your quote for you.

slamfire51
12-07-2011, 08:38 AM
If I had the money, I'd buy a truck load.
I have 3 (2 hex, 1 round) and love them.
Not a better deal out there for a decent centerfire rifle.