PDA

View Full Version : Can't buy a scope without having a rifle to put it on you know

Hondo
08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Academy had Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 scopes on sale for $150 last week so I bought one. Did I need one, noooooo but it was on sale! (said it a high pitched womans voice) Anyway now I needed a rifle to put it on, was in Cabelas this morning looking at rimfires and settled on a Savage Mark II BV which is the brown laminated stock version. I looked hard at the thumbhole version but it was blue laminate and I just couldn't get past that.

Anyhoo mounted some Burris Zee (my fav) rings on it, mounted the scope and did a few dryfires just to feel the trigger pull............WOW that felt like 2lbs no way this is a Savage and the last factory Savage trigger I had was like 7LBS! So I got out the trigger gauge and sure enough it was breaking at a little over 2.5, holy crap this Accu Trigger rocks!

Can't wait to shoot it next weekend.

AKTexas
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Be sure to oil and wipe it down...:punch1:

Hondo
08-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Be sure to oil and wipe it down...:punch1:

Philistine

O.S.O.K.
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Congrats!

:ttiwwop:

Hondo
08-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Congrats!

:ttiwwop:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/barrytm1/P1010807.jpg

It's the one in the middle, the one on top I just got today and the CZ on the bottom is going "topless" for a while because I pirated the 11MM rings so I can take the new CZ to the range

O.S.O.K.
08-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Nice. Bet it'll be a one-holer at 50 yards.

What ammo you gonna try in it? I just bought some Wolf to give a whirl in my 10-22.

AKTexas
08-29-2010, 07:25 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/barrytm1/P1010807.jpg

It's the one in the middle, the one on top I just got today and the CZ on the bottom is going "topless" for a while because I pirated the 11MM rings so I can take the new CZ to the range

Looks good.

Hondo
08-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Nice. Bet it'll be a one-holer at 50 yards.

What ammo you gonna try in it? I just bought some Wolf to give a whirl in my 10-22.

almost a one holer I was getting a little under .5 at 50 yds with Federal Ultra and Lapua Super Club. With current ammo prices however I need an alternative, over at rimfirecentral a lot of the guys use Wolf MT, SK, and CCI Greentag. Unfortunately I found none of that at the show but I did get the CZ Varmint with scope for $400

O.S.O.K.
08-29-2010, 08:46 PM
If the Wolf MT is the cheaper of the two, then that's what I got. I ordered it from Grafs.

Try some of the cheaper bulk stuff - I've been amazed at how well some of it can shoot if your rifle likes it. Like Winchester Wildcat and Federal Target Grade bulk.

08-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Academy had Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 scopes on sale for $150 last week so I bought one. Did I need one, noooooo but it was on sale! (said it a high pitched womans voice) Anyway now I needed a rifle to put it on, was in Cabelas this morning looking at rimfires and settled on a Savage Mark II BV which is the brown laminated stock version. I looked hard at the thumbhole version but it was blue laminate and I just couldn't get past that.

Anyhoo mounted some Burris Zee (my fav) rings on it, mounted the scope and did a few dryfires just to feel the trigger pull............WOW that felt like 2lbs no way this is a Savage and the last factory Savage trigger I had was like 7LBS! So I got out the trigger gauge and sure enough it was breaking at a little over 2.5, holy crap this Accu Trigger rocks!

Can't wait to shoot it next weekend.

Are you going to shoot it?........I mean, that .22 kicks pretty hard you know.

Hondo
08-29-2010, 10:37 PM
If the Wolf MT is the cheaper of the two, then that's what I got. I ordered it from Grafs.

Try some of the cheaper bulk stuff - I've been amazed at how well some of it can shoot if your rifle likes it. Like Winchester Wildcat and Federal Target Grade bulk.

MT is the cheaper of the two, as far as the cheap stuff I have several cartons of Dynapoint because my BSA Intl Martini loves it and I have read of guys having good luck with the Federal Aotomatch that they say is at Walmart.

Hondo
08-29-2010, 10:38 PM
308 you smartass, why don't you come over here and feel how hard I can kick :D