PDA

View Full Version : More info on those mysterious explosions in Iran.

El Jefe
12-05-2011, 03:08 PM
.......and key scientists getting taken out too. :dancing-banana-red-

By Ken Dilanian, Los Angeles Times

December 4, 2011, 7:29 p.m.
Reporting from Washington—
At an Iranian military base 30 miles west of Tehran, engineers were working on weapons that the armed forces chief of staff had boasted could give Israel a "strong punch in the mouth."

But then a huge explosion ripped through the Revolutionary Guard Corps base on Nov. 12, leveling most of the buildings. Government officials said 17 people were killed, including a founder of Iran's ballistic missile program, Gen. Hassan Tehrani Moghaddam.

Iranian officials called the blast an accident. Perhaps it was.

Decades of international sanctions have left Iran struggling to obtain technology and spare parts for military programs and commercial industries, leading in some cases to dangerous working conditions.

However, many former U.S. intelligence officials and Iran experts believe that the explosion — the most destructive of at least two dozen unexplained blasts in the last two years — was part of a covert effort by the U.S., Israel and others to disable Iran's nuclear and missile programs. The goal, the experts say, is to derail what those nations fear is Iran's quest for nuclear weapons capability and to stave off an Israeli or U.S. airstrike to eliminate or lessen the threat.

More at link:http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iran-bomb-20111205,0,7550482.story

El Duce
12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Let's hope that the drone was in the explosion too.

imanaknut
12-05-2011, 03:38 PM
As I have said before in the many threads about Iran blowing themselves up, I would not be surprised if one of them tried to make their bomb just a bit more powerful by making one more tweek. Just one more tweek. Just one mo...BOOM!

Sure, let's blame the Israelis as if they don't have enough to worry about, and let's take the blame ourselves because after all everyone knows we are such bullies, right?

For some reason, I cannot see our apologist in chief being able to pull off something like this. I would expect he would apologize for not helping them make a better bomb.

El Jefe
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Like I said in the other thread, this could be internal, who knows. But I also remember people laughing off my first Stuxnet thread.

alismith
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm wondering if they were trying to make a smaller, more mobile, nuclear bomb...one that could be carried in a car or even on a person. To do this, they would have to trim off alot of extra hardware and that trimming down might be leading to more "accidents" as some of that "bigger" hardware connections might be there for safety reasons. Maybe they pared down too much of the stuff necessary for a "safe" bomb.

The description of the expolsion doesn't sound like it was a very large bomb that went off.

El Jefe
12-05-2011, 04:58 PM
No that was for real & did huge damage. I remember reading that iran thought that bug came in with some equipment made by Seimans in germany.

Bottom line iran can expect this to happen for ever either a boom or a bug

As I understood it, it came in on a flash drive carried in by a Russian tech guy. What Stuxnet attacked was centrifuge controllers built by Siemens.

El Jefe
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
No problem.

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Industrial accident? Maybe a little espionage to kick off an industrial accidcent? That would be the "cleanest" way to derail the project and take out key personel.