PDA

View Full Version : A big can of whoop...

coppertales
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
ass is needed here.... http://www.allproudamericans.com/No-Laughing-at-the-Tomb-of-the-Unknown-Soldier.html That soldier should never have to buy a beer again.....chris3

Kadmos
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Interesting, I did not know until now that you can actually smell fear through a computer screen.

mriddick
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I've seen that before, very good.

Warthogg
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Excellent.

Wart

Partisan1983
12-06-2011, 01:34 AM
That was awesome !!!!

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Swiss prescision verbal beat down.

Schuetzenman
12-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I have been to the tomb of the unknown Soldiers back as a teen. It was very somber in atmosphere. There were a lot of people there, nobody was laughing or smiling that I can recall. Much has degenerated in society since 1971.

mrkalashnikov
12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
I liked Mr Jim Bragg of Georgetown, KY's comment:

"I agree that people don't show the respect that they should these days. Someone should have spoken up before Americas Finest had to. I would have and so would my children. Arlington is a place of respect and honor for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country. Even the ones laughing. I have a friend and comrade that rest there. He and his family deserve all the respect this country can give. This country needs to wake up and rethink who they are. The rest of us need to remind those people what respect is. Even if that reminder is a fat lip.I for one, am tired of the BS in this country. The people are the only ones who can stop it."

O.S.O.K.
12-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Too many people take for granted our freedom and safety. Further, they have some assinine idea that things are supposed to be this way and would be regardless of the self sacrifices made.

We spend a rediculous amount of money per child educating them and yet they come out of our public schools with little to no appreciation for this country.

I utilized the scouting organization to help with this for my two boys. A parent has to go to extra lengths to fix the issue.

Its about time that we fix this issue systemically.

Mark Ducati
12-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Did you know that there's a dress code for the plaza for laying the wreath?

Not so proper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9M-dqqCXI&feature=related

Proper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgoW4k4I4s&feature=related

rktman
12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Did you know that there's a dress code for the plaza for laying the wreath?

That was good.

Solidus-snake
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
As a younger kid I couldnt have imagined actually having such an honor as those children did. Id of went out doing whatever I could to get money and buy the best outfit I could to wear to such a ceremony. Kids today... have no idea what this country really stands for and the sacrifices made to allow us to have the freedoms we do..

The kids were dressed better in the second vid, but damn that boy couldnt have slouched much more. The girl held herself better than he did.

Gunner1558
12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Good post! Thank you.

I worked with a man who had been a guard there. When you read the requirements expected of these men, it makes you appreciate their service so much more.

Mark Ducati
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
As a younger kid I couldnt have imagined actually having such an honor as those children did. Id of went out doing whatever I could to get money and buy the best outfit I could to wear to such a ceremony. Kids today... have no idea what this country really stands for and the sacrifices made to allow us to have the freedoms we do..

The kids were dressed better in the second vid, but damn that boy couldnt have slouched much more. The girl held herself better than he did.

I dunno, need to maybe cut the kid some slack...? From what I read, they don't randomly choose kids/schools to carry the wreath. The kids have to write an essay and "qualify" for the honor of carrying the wreath... look at the boys, the taller one has a high and tight hair cut, the shorter boy hair is a little longer, but very conservative. Who knows, maybe their daddy was killed in of the middle east wars? Their hearts may be weighing heavy?

Mark Ducati
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I wonder how these guys got up the back way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR7FBIKOlyg&feature=related

The way the soldier snapped to at the ready with his rifle, I wonder if he'd have drawn down on someone who'd have continued walking... I also wonder if he'd have shot if some dufass continued?

And some people just have no respect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-dBwdeJSGo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCPbP_a46I&feature=related

Kadmos
12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Good post Mark, I think it's become tougher and tougher for most people to figure out what to wear when. Jeans, sneakers, and t shirts are so common that a lot of people assume it's good enough for anywhere.

You look at the audience and many were wearing shorts and t shirts, it almost seems natural the kids would think nothing of it, and of course soon the parents think nothing of it as well.

At my FIL's funeral at Jefferson Barracks a few people there were wearing shorts or jeans, I was annoyed but said nothing, nor did the staff.

I wonder if these people don't know or just don't care, my guess is they don't know, and sometimes it is difficult to know.

The one place you really don't want to fuck it up though is court, and apparently the tomb of the unknown soldier, where you can apparently wear what you like and watch, you must dress well to participate, and you damn well better know when to keep your mouth shut!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying no wonder it's not easy to know

Schuetzenman
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Now that I've seen these other videos I must say that there has evidently been a massive change in procedures at the Tomb. I know I was able to stand close enough to read the tomb dates. I think they must of established that stay back perimeter to prevent anti-war vandals from desecrating the tomb.

Solidus-snake
12-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Mark, their M14s are unloaded so there'd be no shooting, but that bayonets Sharp and they prolly know CQC as Im pretty sure The Old Guard is a infantry regiment.

It's sad to think that people don't know how to even dress accordingly these days. Never woulda thought as young as I am I would be living a lost way of life.

Escobert
12-07-2011, 09:42 AM
I have been to the tomb of the unknown Soldiers back as a teen. It was very somber in atmosphere. There were a lot of people there, nobody was laughing or smiling that I can recall. Much has degenerated in society since 1971.

I went in the early 2000's and it was the same when I was there. Very quiet and somber.