PDA

View Full Version : Gangs getting military weapons

1 Patriot-of-many
12-09-2011, 03:23 PM
http://www.military.com/news/article/military-weapons-in-gangsters-hands.html?ESRC=dod.nl

This is not good.

Warthogg
12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Gang members in the military too.....just as the article states.

Wart

Mark Ducati
12-09-2011, 03:35 PM
One source said the base had hired parolees, and officials are investigating the possibility parolees may have been involved in the heist.

Gee, ya think?

slamfire51
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm joining a gang......I want military grade weapons too.......................

coppertales
12-09-2011, 07:32 PM
most of my guns were military grade at one time or another............so what.....chris3

LAGC
12-09-2011, 07:37 PM
The funny thing is, the antis don't realize, even if all civilian guns were completely banned, the criminals would still have a steady supply through the black market.

Indeed, there would be more pressure and economic incentives to move military arms just like in Mexico with the cartels.

alismith
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
This is just a smoke screen to hide the true involvement of the ATF in all this. Fast and Furious probably had/has a part in this.

Krupski
12-10-2011, 12:18 AM
http://www.military.com/news/article/military-weapons-in-gangsters-hands.html?ESRC=dod.nl

This is not good.

I've heard of gangs (or at least gang members) in the military... but why would they risk MAJOR trouble stealing from .MIL when they can buy any old SAR-1 or WASR and add $20 worth of parts, convert them in a basement and have full auto AK-47 rifles?

It's super easy. Only reason I don't do it is I'd rather not spend a decade or two in Club Fed.....

Krupski
12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
The funny thing is, the antis don't realize, even if all civilian guns were completely banned, the criminals would still have a steady supply through the black market.

Correction:

if all civilian guns were completely banned, civilians would still have them

...cause I sure as hell am not EVER surrendering mine. Penny-ante do-nothing laws... not worth fighting about. But try an outright ban? Come and take them!

TEN-32
12-10-2011, 01:03 AM
In other news...why do we need all these military style police SWAT teams?

1 Patriot-of-many
12-10-2011, 05:15 AM
In other news...why do we need all these military style police SWAT teams?

To unleash 100's of rounds into a neighborhood where the owner burns his own property on his front lawn, only to find a specially trained swat officer discharged his weapon accidentally?? Is this a trick question? Isn't this what the ATF is supposed to take care of, or the militia?

1 Patriot-of-many
12-10-2011, 05:18 AM
I've heard of gangs (or at least gang members) in the military... but why would they risk MAJOR trouble stealing from .MIL when they can buy any old SAR-1 or WASR and add $20 worth of parts, convert them in a basement and have full auto AK-47 rifles?

It's super easy. Only reason I don't do it is I'd rather not spend a decade or two in Club Fed..... Another good question.... I can understand grenade launchers, artillery rounds ect, but full auto AK's? Anyone can find enough info online to convert them or any other gun.

El Laton Caliente
12-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Criminals are not criminals because they could be rocket scientists... I doubt the vast majority of them have the skills to do the layout let alone the little bit of machine work. It is easier to steal, that is what they do.

insider
12-10-2011, 07:38 AM
The article is total bullshit, they are trying to make members of the military look like potential domestic terrorists. Small arms are tightly controlled, you can't just steal a rifle.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-10-2011, 04:53 PM
The article is total bullshit, they are trying to make members of the military look like potential domestic terrorists. Small arms are tightly controlled, you can't just steal a rifle.
Hmmm I hate to cast a shadow on your idea of reality but there are some evil, corrupt, dishonest people serving in the military.(the minority for sure just like police officers but there nontheless) If you think it's complete BS that little rifles and ammunition don't disappear occasionally from bases how do you explain trucks and other vehicles going bye bye?

Krupski
12-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Another good question.... I can understand grenade launchers, artillery rounds ect, but full auto AK's? Anyone can find enough info online to convert them or any other gun.

Anyone with a smattering of mechanical aptitude and a small bag of parts can convert almost any rifle into full auto. Usually, "our" semi-auto rifles are exactly the same as the full auto version minus a few parts.

As far as grenades, mortars and such.... a mill and lathe are all you need. All kinds of propellants and explosives are easy to make with common items and chemicals.

Thing is, I wouldn't make the explosives because I don't want to blow myself up (and I have no real need for "bombs"). Tannerite is fun enough for me.

As far as converting rifles to F/A... the idea of a decade in Club Fed does not appeal to me... not one bit.

The point that everyone (especially "the government") need to realize is that America is full of skilled people with all kinds of mills, lathes and other machines in their basements or garage or barn.

If / when the SHTF for real, the infrastructure is already in place for us mere peons to have weapons every bit as lethal as any military could come up with.

Moral of the story is "Don't fuck with us and we won't have to fuck with you".

5.56NATO
12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
The gangs will be armed and sponsored by dhs and tsa to go door to door.

Would you want to risk your fat ass and fed pension going door to door?

insider
12-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Hmmm I hate to cast a shadow on your idea of reality but there are some evil, corrupt, dishonest people serving in the military.(the minority for sure just like police officers but there nontheless) If you think it's complete BS that little rifles and ammunition don't disappear occasionally from bases how do you explain trucks and other vehicles going bye bye?
Let me tell you something, I've served in the military, and I've just spent the last three years working with the military, does that qualify as my fucking idea of reality? They tightly control and inventory everything! Maybe, something will slip through the cracks, but they will conduct a total lock-down and search until the missing items are found. Ammunition and rifles are the most tightly controlled, hell you can't even get a bayonet issued to you unless they have your complete profile. Unless you've been there, you better get your facts straight before you sit there and insult me like that!

1 Patriot-of-many
12-10-2011, 10:23 PM
A simple google search will show you are not correct. Weapons get stolen/ go missing from military bases. Sorry but that's the fact. No insult but you're wrong. Just because you think the story is BS doesn't make it so.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-30-california-stolen-military-rifles_n.htm

http://www.military.com/video/combat-vehicles/armored-vehicles/humvee-stolen-from-us-army-base/993428904001/

I remember someone taking a TANK from a military base and wreaking havoc some years ago, till he was shot through the hatch.

insider
12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
A simple google search will show you are not correct. Weapons get stolen/ go missing from military bases. Sorry but that's the fact. No insult but you're wrong. Just because you think the story is BS doesn't make it so.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-30-california-stolen-military-rifles_n.htm

http://www.military.com/video/combat-vehicles/armored-vehicles/humvee-stolen-from-us-army-base/993428904001/

I remember someone taking a TANK from a military base and wreaking havoc some years ago, till he was shot through the hatch.
Shit happens, but I don't consider USA Today, or military.com a credible source. How about AKO.mil, or Stars and Stripes?
I guarantee if anyone is stealing arms they are caught very quickly. Are you sure your not flashing back to the movie Tank with James Garner?

1 Patriot-of-many
12-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Shit happens, but I don't consider USA Today, or military.com a credible source. How about AKO.mil, or Stars and Stripes?
I guarantee if anyone is stealing arms they are caught very quickly. Are you sure your not flashing back to the movie Tank with James Garner?

LOL I liked that movie. But I guess I'm more dated than you? I remember the episode well.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80599095/