PDA

View Full Version : .30 Carbine Ammo

ltorlo64
12-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Just ordered 500 rounds of .30 Carbine ammo from AMMOMAN for $199 with no shipping. It is Federal American Eagle. The next best price I found was $225 at CMP plus another $8 for shipping. I think I did pretty good.

This is the first time I have ordered from them. The next test is to see how long it takes to get to me.

Schuetzenman
12-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Ouch, that's almost 40 cents a round. I wish some Korean surplus would come in again, that was good stuff and under 20 cents around.

Silicon Wolverine
12-11-2011, 10:00 AM
best luck i had was buying the primed brass that was floating around about a year ago and loading my own. i could do that for about 22 cents a round.

SW

ltorlo64
12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
best luck i had was buying the primed brass that was floating around about a year ago and loading my own. i could do that for about 22 cents a round.

SW

No equipment or place to reload. And with me moving every 2-3 years, it is not really possible to start. But it would be the best way to go.

O.S.O.K.
12-11-2011, 12:08 PM
No equipment or place to reload. And with me moving every 2-3 years, it is not really possible to start. But it would be the best way to go.

You could easily set yourself up with a reloading kit that would fit into a tool box. You could go with a hand press or just use some wood blocks to mount a press on and then clamp this to the kitchen table to work... just sayin. ;)

You could do a hand press kit, powder measure and scale with dies for under $100. Lee makes a good hand press that takes standard dies.

Save your brass and next time, buy components and the press kit - for the same money as buying the loaded ammo.

ltorlo64
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
You could easily set yourself up with a reloading kit that would fit into a tool box. You could go with a hand press or just use some wood blocks to mount a press on and then clamp this to the kitchen table to work... just sayin. ;)

You could do a hand press kit, powder measure and scale with dies for under $100. Lee makes a good hand press that takes standard dies.

Save your brass and next time, buy components and the press kit - for the same money as buying the loaded ammo.

The eqipment is the easy part. It is moving the powder and primers, which a moving company won't do because they are explosives and hazardous material, that is difficult. I have the same problem with my ammo. Between my ammo and misc. cleaning supplies I already fill my truck. I don't have room for the powder and primers.