PDA

View Full Version : Lowe's is anti-muslim?

Broondog
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/backlash-lowes-ads-pulled-muslim-show-091701562.html

give 'em a call and show your support.

Lowes Corporate Office | Headquarters
401 Elkin Highway North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
(336)658-4000

i think i'll go to Lowe's and spend some money today.

Warthogg
12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Dumb of Lowe's to advertise on the show and, after advertising on the show, DUMB of Lowe's to pull the ads.

Wart

FunkyPertwee
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
There is a Muslim dude I can't stand that works at the local Lowe's. Guess they missed the memo.

bigj480
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Dumb of Lowe's to advertise on the show and, after advertising on the show, DUMB of Lowe's to pull the ads.

Wart

It's dumb to advertize on a TV show?

Muslims, the new Japanese...

American Rage
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
fuck islam!

Schuetzenman
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM

No as Japanese aren't trying to convert every Man, Woman and Child on the planet to Shintoism. Muslims otoh are and they'll kill you if you don't comply.

Warthogg
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart

You either are, or want to be perceived as, dumb so I will treat you in that manner.

You asked........"It's dumb to advertise on a TV show ??"

I replied......."Dumb of Lowe's to advertise on the show....."

Even a simple article can make a world of difference. "the" designates specificity.

In English there is just one definite article: "the". There are two indefinite articles: "a" and "an".

pigj480, kindly note "a" is an indefinite article while "the" denotes a definite article.

Wart

imanaknut
12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Lowe's exercising their first amendment rights.

Mark Ducati
12-12-2011, 03:29 PM
"All American Muslim"?

Isn't that by definition an oxymoron?

No disrespect to those with mental disabilities... but that's like saying "downs syndrome college graduate".

blacksheep
12-12-2011, 05:22 PM
fuck islam!

Yes. :big-fu:religion of peace my ass.

Helen Keller
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
"All American Muslim"

they usually are when they're filled with depleted uranium.

Kadmos
12-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Lowe's exercising their first amendment rights.

Yup.

Can't blame them for not wanting to be involved.

Warthogg
12-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Yup.

Can't blame them for not wanting to be involved.

I don't blame Lowe's for getting out only for the poor business decision of getting in.

Wart

mriddick
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I stopped shopping Lowes when they put up all the bi-lingual signs.

Warthogg
12-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I stopped shopping Lowes when they put up all the bi-lingual signs.

Home Despot now ??

Wart

Kadmos
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Home Despot now ??

Wart

Also in Spanish.

I'll go to either, don't really care, but I do commend Lowes for the work it has done and the discount it gives for our troops

tank_monkey
12-12-2011, 07:08 PM

Huh? Are you the dumbest Hick on the planet? I'm trying to wrap my head around your comment and I can't. There has been nothing the Japanese have done in the last 2500 years that approximates the recent idealogy of "wahabbi-isim' that Radical Islam has promoted in the last 100 years (i.e. converting everyone on the planet to Islam, murdering everyone that is not).) Past imperial land grabs was akin to ANY of the motivations for european (or even old American land grabs - power, land, resources, room for expanding populations. ) Drink more beer. You might make more sense. :D

Helen Keller
12-12-2011, 07:09 PM
as for bi-lingual

any of you EVER been outside of the US?????????????

Warthogg
12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
as for bi-lingual

Yup

Wart

blacksheep
12-12-2011, 07:15 PM
as for bi-lingual

Does Jersey count ?

mriddick
12-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Home Despot now ??

Wart
Nope sold my stock in them years ago, I just use the locally owned store down the road or the Menards just outside of town.

Krupski
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/backlash-lowes-ads-pulled-muslim-show-091701562.html

give 'em a call and show your support.

Lowes Corporate Office | Headquarters
401 Elkin Highway North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
(336)658-4000

The retail giant stopped advertising on TLC's "All-American Muslim" after a conservative group known as the Florida Family Association complained, saying the program was "propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda's clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values."

That TV show makes me sick. I can't IMAGINE the politically correct idiot moron who thought THAT one up... :thumbsdown:

Krupski
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Also in Spanish.

I'll go to either, don't really care, but I do commend Lowes for the work it has done and the discount it gives for our troops

I speak American. Why should stores have Spanish signs? Why not then also French? And Italian. And German. And Russian. Etc...?

Or, let's say it plainly... they are cow-towing to the MEXICANS and LATINOS.

mriddick
12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
To be clear I wouldn't care if Lowes catered to American workers who spoke Spanish, German, French, etc... by using bilingual signs. However IMO they were catering to foreign workers taking American jobs, this was something I could not support. The might be free to do this but I'm also free to draw my own opinions of why they are doing it and not shop there if I choose.

Kadmos
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Why not then also French? And Italian. And German. And Russian. Etc...?

I've ordered crepes, tutto mare, several types of wurst, and pelmeni all off the menu in American restaurants, what language a business decides to display in their shop is their business.

If I can't get along well enough, I might go somewhere else, but I don't mind ordering the number 87 at the local Vietnamese place even if I can't pronounce it.

Krupski
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I've ordered crepes, tutto mare, several types of wurst, and pelmeni all off the menu in American restaurants, what language a business decides to display in their shop is their business.

If I can't get along well enough, I might go somewhere else, but I don't mind ordering the number 87 at the local Vietnamese place even if I can't pronounce it.

Therein lies the big difference. Americans don't expect others to cater to them in some other country. If I went to... say... Germany, I would have to expect to speak German and be spoken to in German. I would not be so arrogant as to think that Germany should adjust their culture for ME.

But f--king foreigners in America expect EXACTLY that. And why is it almost always Spanish speaking people? Spanish is not America's "default" or "typical" language.

Now take, for example, my barber. He came here (LEGALLY - i.e. he's an immigrant) from Sicily. He came here as a teenager and knew not one word of English. But he didn't try to convert America into Italy, he converted himself into an American!

He speaks English very well. He has an Italian accent, but he speaks perfect English.

What the HELL is the problem with those lazy ass Mexicans and Latinos who can't be bothered to:

(1) LEGALLY immigrate here and
(2) Become AMERICANS and speak English

????

I don't care if a legal immigrant from Mexico has a "Spanish" accent, I don't care if he speaks both languages at home or teaches his kids Spanish and English, but when he talks to an American in America, he should speak English and NOT expect anyone to cater to him by making "bilingual" signs or requiring an interpreter.

See where I'm coming from?

Kadmos
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Therein lies the big difference. Americans don't expect others to cater to them in some other country.

:lool:

Sorry man but pretty much every American who travels expects wherever the go they will find someone who speaks English. We also expect to get McDonald's and toilet paper if we want it.

Just about every modern country you go to has bilingual signs (at least), and usually the second language is English.

We are one of the worst when it comes to being able to expect "American" norms to be accepted when we travel.

mriddick
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I know I didn't like how in Japan no one spoke english, I did get very good at ordering french fries by pointing at pictures though...

Solidus-snake
12-12-2011, 10:11 PM

Sorry man but pretty much every American who travels expects wherever the go they will find someone who speaks English. We also expect to get McDonald's and toilet paper if we want it.

Just about every modern country you go to has bilingual signs (at least), and usually the second language is English.

We are one of the worst when it comes to being able to expect "American" norms to be accepted when we travel.

Hmm you speak as though America is the only English speaking country and rhe whole world caters to only us (typical apologetic response) but I coulda swore there was some other country that spoke English and traded, dealt with many other countries long before us... hmmm now who can it be... Hm...:.

How about ENGLAND. And the rest of the U.K?

Kadmos
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Hmm you speak as though America is the only English speaking country and rhe whole world caters to only us (typical apologetic response) but I coulda swore there was some other country that spoke English and traded, dealt with many other countries long before us... hmmm now who can it be... Hm...:.

How about ENGLAND. And the rest of the U.K?

What, you think I am unaware the English speak English?

I said usually the second language is English, and I said we Americans are "one of the worst".

The fact is we have travel pretty easy, most of the time you can in fact find someone who speaks English, you can find maps in English, and you can find phrasebooks in English..try finding a Tibetan to Swahili phrasebook.

tank_monkey
12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I know I didn't like how in Japan no one spoke english, I did get very good at ordering french fries by pointing at pictures though...
They read and WRITE English. All of them. But for some reason their public school system really fucked up with the verbal skills. It was a point of embarassment back in the 90s when a variety of students who had 'aced' their english courses, tried to speak to native speaking English (Americans) and no one could understand a word they said. If you found NO ONE in Japan who spoke english, you didn't try very hard. ;) Everntually you'll get someone who does. It's required coursework in their schools.

tank_monkey
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Therein lies the big difference. Americans don't expect others to cater to them in some other country. If I went to... say... Germany, I would have to expect to speak German and be spoken to in German. I would not be so arrogant as to think that Germany should adjust their culture for ME.

But f--king foreigners in America expect EXACTLY that. And why is it almost always Spanish speaking people? Spanish is not America's "default" or "typical" language.

Now take, for example, my barber. He came here (LEGALLY - i.e. he's an immigrant) from Sicily. He came here as a teenager and knew not one word of English. But he didn't try to convert America into Italy, he converted himself into an American!

He speaks English very well. He has an Italian accent, but he speaks perfect English.

What the HELL is the problem with those lazy ass Mexicans and Latinos who can't be bothered to:

(1) LEGALLY immigrate here and
(2) Become AMERICANS and speak English

????

I don't care if a legal immigrant from Mexico has a "Spanish" accent, I don't care if he speaks both languages at home or teaches his kids Spanish and English, but when he talks to an American in America, he should speak English and NOT expect anyone to cater to him by making "bilingual" signs or requiring an interpreter.

See where I'm coming from?

Since California has MORE ASIANS than black people, I run into a LOT of ASIAN immgrants who don't speak english. Everyone of the Asians who don't speak English were BORN overseas. ALL of them have kids who were born here and THEY speak fluent English. It's a cultural thing to learn English so that you can excel in school and work. The universities can't have engineers and scientists who don't speak English at all. ;)

insider
12-13-2011, 04:51 AM

Bullshit, every modern country you go to has signs in their language, or they use pictures (international symbols). Only America has that bilingual crap shoved down our throats. This is America, Jack! We speak ENGLISH here! Go to Mexico, every sign is in Spanish...ALTO, get it? Go to South Florida (Little Cuba) every sign is in Spanish. Hispanics have NO respect for the English language in America, and the fucking liberals cave in to their nonsense by providing bilingual teachers, and all the other bullshit that goes with it.

LAGC
12-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Quite frankly, I'm kind of disgusted that we are even speaking the King's language at all. We broke away from the Crown over 200 years ago, the only place that should still be using English is ENGLAND!

We need a new language for a new land -- call it "Americano" or some shit like that, and make everyone learn it. :p

1 Patriot-of-many
12-13-2011, 05:39 AM
they usually are when they're filled with depleted uranium.
That would be the best kind.

coppertales
12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
with both Home Depot and Lowe's. They have done away with the cashiers and make you go through the self checkout, except at the contractor desk, which I use. The self checkout ALWAYS screws up and you have to track down someone to fix it, ALWAYS. I have never had one work right since they first came out in grocery stores. If the store employees say I have to use one, I just say no, set whatever I wanted to buy on the floor and walk out.....As far as Lowe's sticking it to muslims, good for them. I have to admit they give me a ten percent discount with no questions asked because I am a disabled vet.....chris3

Warthogg
12-13-2011, 12:03 PM
with both Home Depot and Lowe's. They have done away with the cashiers and make you go through the self checkout, except at the contractor desk, which I use. The self checkout ALWAYS screws up and you have to track down someone to fix it, ALWAYS. I have never had one work right since they first came out in grocery stores. If the store employees say I have to use one, I just say no, set whatever I wanted to buy on the floor and walk out.....As far as Lowe's sticking it to muslims, good for them. I have to admit they give me a ten percent discount with no questions asked because I am a disabled vet.....chris3

Just so everyone knows, both Lowe's and Home Despot give active duty military and veterans a 10% discount.

Wart

Probably because so many of us here in Oklahoma are "self-checkout" challenged, we still have a few cashiers.:lol2:

Warthogg
12-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Quite frankly, I'm kind of disgusted that we are even speaking the King's language at all.

We do NOT speak (or spell) the King's language so you may become un-disgusted when you have a moment.

Wart

Kadmos
12-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Bullshit, every modern country you go to has signs in their language, or they use pictures (international symbols). Only America has that bilingual crap shoved down our throats.

Bahrain
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST6YjX7Fkb3nKiDnbAcrcnDNckYtUeI uBF3SWCOUTrPBaug-yu

Egypt
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6Bw-n82A8ZwJWNcz9v1duiWhllZKcW_M7FNWsnNC3QymLcWYmEA

A stop sign in France
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBxhh3kd7yAWEcLNKW3kvyr3YIdE1rC mJb_Szw-hkJG2e5USbe

France doesn't even put French on their stop signs anymore.

This one's from Canada
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyni08P_zW0aLdCmcI5fr_VsvOcChDr C1vU8uODSNyQWypCKVV

How about something a bit older?
http://ftp.aa.edu/lydon/egypt/burroughs-1-egypt/rosetta%20stone%20blank.jpg

Mark Ducati
12-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Kadmos,

I don't know what to make of the Rosetta stone... still thinking of an appropriate comment how it doesn't pertain to the above argument.

But, as for the other street signs... the pyramids and market... sure, absolutely American... as in American Dollars as they're tourist traps. Probably the same for the sign in france/canada... somewhere near where US dollars are welcomed heavily?

Krupski
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Quite frankly, I'm kind of disgusted that we are even speaking the King's language at all. We broke away from the Crown over 200 years ago, the only place that should still be using English is ENGLAND!

We need a new language for a new land -- call it "Americano" or some shit like that, and make everyone learn it. :p

Aww shit... I have to learn ANOTHER language now?

blacksheep
12-15-2011, 08:20 PM

Dude we speak English just not the queens English, si ?

gunsnetadmin
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
"All American Muslim"?

Isn't that by definition an oxymoron?

No disrespect to those with mental disabilities... but that's like saying "downs syndrome college graduate".

I LOL'd..

Justin
12-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Fuck TLC, I've never watched it and never will now.

copterdoctor
12-16-2011, 08:12 PM
[url]

Me too. I'm gonna go buy something at Lowe's. I don't care what it is.