PDA

View Full Version : Cook County

cc6481
12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi all, i am a newbie...i moved to Chicago 4 years ago from Los Angeles. My whole life I've always wanted to own an AK-47 but you know the gun laws in LA and in Cook County are very strict. I am wanting to invest some money and buying some collectible AK-47's. I only want to buy/own collectibles as i do not shoot guns, i an just an enthusiast, By law in CC I am allowed to "own" but i cannot "store" an assault rifle living in Cook County. Unfortunatly my job requires me to live in Cook County. My opions are to have a storage unit in dupage county and house it there or have a relative that does't live in cook county house it for me.

To make a long story short...I have to have one of these guns!!! i can't wait anylonger and the gun laws here are not changing anytime soon....does any one know any legal loop holes i can go and own one of these machines? For example, if i buy a "unfired" could i register it as a "antique/collectible" or have it modified to meet legal specs or remove the firing pin? anything to make it legal to have.....i only want to do thing the right and legal way and right now i have no hope and pretty much Sh_t of of luck unless someone on here can help me out with some advice. thanks

TEN-32
12-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the forum. Here is some info you need...

http://isra.org/legislation/cook_county_awb.shtml