PDA

View Full Version : Only liquids for me today.

El Duce
12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Because I have a wonderful colonoscopy tomorrow! Yea!! What a wonderful way to spend your days off.

Solidus-snake
12-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Gah... I dread the day that eventually I will have to get this done for whatever reason.

On the bright side, if it does you any at all like it did my father youll be getting a few laughs outta the raucous farts youll be passing.

El Duce
12-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Years ago, I was having problems with diverticulitus. I had to do the barium enema thing. Well, in the recovery room, I was making everyone bust out laughing because of the obscene noise I was making. My wife was outside the recovery room. Rolling her eyes because she knew it was me making the "noise." Finally a nurse had to aske me to stop because I was disturbing the other patients in the recovery room.

Solidus-snake
12-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Years ago, I was having problems with diverticulitus. I had to do the barium enema thing. Well, in the recovery room, I was making everyone bust out laughing because of the obscene noise I was making. My wife was outside the recovery room. Rolling her eyes because she knew it was me making the "noise." Finally a nurse had to aske me to stop because I was disturbing the other patients in the recovery room.

Did ya look at her and say "Hey, better out than in!"

I would try to rattle the walls.. :)

Richard Simmons
12-20-2011, 09:41 AM
You have my deepest sympathy. The worst part of any colonoscopy, for me at least, is drinking that stuff and then spending the rest of the day or night on the toilet. Hope everything turns out normal.

El Duce
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
The real fun starts at 5 pm. When I start to take the liquid meds. Only good part is my Dr. is one of my better friends. So, he makes sure that I don't feel a thing. Still one of the things that you have to do, but don't really want to.

Reminder guys. Get checked up. It sucks, but it is better than the alternative.

coppertales
12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
aka.................vodka......................... ................if you were gay, you would look forward to it................chris3

El Duce
12-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks Richard.

Funny story. Years ago, I had one, my Dr. friend told my wife that we could video tape the procedure. I wanted no part of that. So, a year or so later, we were looking for a blank tape to record a show. My wife found one that wasn't labled. So she pops it into the vcr.

On the tube it looked like something off of the Discovery channel. OK, we can use this tape. Rewind to the begining, press play. There I am laying on the table, with the camera getting closer and closer and closer. I still curse her to this day!!

Mark Ducati
12-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I had a colonoscopy a few years ago... agreed, the "prep" is the worst part. You have like a gallon of salty water to drink in short amount of time. This flushes your system so to speak... the only thing you can have is beef broth and jello (no orange or red dye).

The procedure wasn't so bad... They put me to sleep with Profonol. I woke up and felt like a million bucks.

Later, I learned that you don't have to drink the prep liquid... they make pills you can take instead.... but you have to drink a lot of water with them. I'd rather drink several glasses of water than drink the prep liquid (I even got the cherry flavor packet to add, it didn't help).

O.S.O.K.
12-20-2011, 11:39 AM
How old are you supposed to be to need this? My doc hasn't said a thing and I'm 50. I did get my plumbing checked out thoroughly a couple of years ago - the liquid side... but never have had by lower poop chute checked out...

Richard Simmons
12-20-2011, 11:43 AM
How old are you supposed to be to need this? My doc hasn't said a thing and I'm 50. I did get my plumbing checked out thoroughly a couple of years ago - the liquid side... but never have had by lower poop chute checked out...

From what I've read it's recommended that after age 50 men have one every few years. My sis and father both had colon cancer I started getting them at around 45. I had one then a second two years later and now do one every five years unless something shows up.

El Duce
12-20-2011, 11:49 AM
From what I've read it's recommended that after age 50 men have one every few years. My sis and father both had colon cancer I started getting them at around 45. I had one then a second two years later and now do one every five years unless something shows up.

Anyone over 30 should have their prostrate checked. I have had problems with diverticulitous. So, for me I need one ever 3-5 years. Colon cancer history in the family as well. My Dr. is a good friend and shooting buddy. When he clears his farm, I get free firewood. Can't beat that.

O.S.O.K.
12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Had my prostate checked and all was good. No history of colon cancer in the family... maybe he checked my blood and everything looked fine. That's where they start I think - blood test to see if anything looks untoward...?

coppertales
12-20-2011, 05:02 PM
my doc said I should have one every other year. I called him a sadist.........I have never been put to sleep for one. But, the last two or three were at the VA clinic.....chris3

El Duce
12-20-2011, 05:07 PM
And so the fun begins. Just drank my prep. Wife took the kids out to eat. Count down!! Thank goodness we buy good toilet paper.

Richard Simmons
12-20-2011, 05:33 PM
FWIW once the burning sets in my wife swears that diaper rash cream will help take away the pain. Personally I find an ice cube, lightly applied to the "target area" works best.

" I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream"!!

El Duce
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
(Running back to the bathroom)

El Duce
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Test came out clean. As I was "out" I had the Dr. check the prostate as well. No need for a check up for another 5 years.

Krupski
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Because I have a wonderful colonoscopy tomorrow! Yea!! What a wonderful way to spend your days off.

I'm overdue for one... maybe next month.... maybe.

imanaknut
12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Always nice when the doctor says that part of you is clean. I mean really, normally it is full of ..............

Schuetzenman
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM

Been there done that, it sucks! You have my condolences on your up coming ass reaming.