PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Favorite HOT BUTTERED RUM Recipes!

LAGC
12-23-2011, 11:26 AM
'Tis the season for some delicious hot beverages...

Here's my favorite recipe:

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups vanilla ice cream
rum
water
nutmeg

1. Combine sugar, brown sugar and butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted (6-8 min).

2. Combine cooked mixture with ice-cream in a large mixing bowl, and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until smooth (1-2 min). Store refrigerated up to 2 weeks or frozen up to one month.

3. For each serving, fill one-quarter of a mug with mixture, add one ounce rum and three-quarters of a cup of boiling water. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

You can also check your local liquor stores to see if they carry any pre-made mix. There's a mixer out of Rexburg, Idaho that manufactures the Me 'n Stan's brand "Hot Butter Rum" mix that's pretty damned tasty. I'm not sure how far east they distribute it, but its fairly easy to find out here in the Pacific Northwest. The cool thing about it is that its so concentrated that you only need a single heaping teaspoon per mug full, and it's good even without rum (as a non-alcoholic beverage), just add hot water.

Warthogg
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Think I'll try my fav liquor store.

Wart

CigarGuy
12-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Not to change the subject but this is Florida and it's 80 out, so......
COLD Buttered Rum:
Butter Pecan Ice Creme
Rum
In a blender
Served in a chilled pewter mug.

Warthogg
12-23-2011, 01:24 PM
CigarGuy, three of my favorite restaurants are in your area. Bern's Steak House and Alabama John's BBQ (North 40th Street) in Tampa and Mustard's Last Stand (was) on the Courtney-Campbell Causeway.

Wart

TEN-32
12-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Tom n Jerry's at my house.

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Cask strength whiskey. Served neat.

;)

Oswald Bastable
12-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Anyone who drinks hot buttered rum needs to turn in their man card!!!

Oh wait...too late for LAGC. :D

blacksheep
12-23-2011, 10:38 PM

I thought he was talking about his boyfriends " Hot buttered bum ", my mistake. :oh:

ltorlo64
12-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Just when I thought this would stay civil!:thud::lol2:

JVD
12-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Just when I thought this would stay civil!:thud::lol2:

I thought alcohol was one thing we could agree on here lol.

Had me some nice eggnog from a small dairy and rum though the other day. that was pretty tasty, albeit artery clogging :boozer:

ak4a1
12-23-2011, 11:57 PM
What is a Hot Buttered Rum? Haha. Only drink beer and wine most of the time. Was hoping to see some recipes here to get an idea what this kind of rum is. Never heard of it. lol