PDA

View Full Version : Hey,Old friend.

f.b.l.p
12-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Sitting here watching Lonesome Dove for the umpteenth time,when my hand pulls the 11 out of the holster for the Quadrifical umpteenth time.Just to look at.Springfield Armory.Nothin' special.Box stock other than the tritiums.bought 'er new ten or so years ago.Leading edges all worn shiny from the holstering over the years.Parts of 'er got that kinda wierd grayish brown patina from rubbin' up against my sweaty belly in the summertime[from rubbing off the rust].It's taken every round I've fed it,from the grungiest reloads to the pickiest Latest Big Thing defense rounds without a sneeze.Scratched,scarred,beat up.Just like me.Throw it in a pile with a thousand others,and I could pick it out immmediatly.D.N.A infused,I suppose.Had a hell off alot of pistoles over the years,this is the one I'll die with.My Gun!

This mild rant brought to you by my neighbor/operator wannabe/mall ninja/who brought his latest,greatest,can't-live-without-it,plastipistol[His,like,tenth in the last fifteen years or so]over last night.To tell me what a piece of crap I carry.:big-fu:He don't get it.

blobman
12-24-2011, 09:18 PM
i love that series

MDE
12-24-2011, 09:49 PM
I know what you mean. They say that about my Mac 9x18

Mike