PDA

View Full Version : Why am I being logged out after a period of inactivity?

Oswald Bastable
07-14-2010, 02:53 AM
I've noticed that if I bring up GN, log in, then after a period of not browsing threads/posting, I come back to find I need to log in again.

I'm not talking about closing the GN page I opened and logged in with...it's still open, my computer is still up and running, but after an hour or so of not doing anything on GN, I have to log in again and it's very annoying.

I'm sure this is a setting on the forum that needs to be changed...on the old GN I used to leave my 'puter on for days with a GN logged in page up and never had to log in again...I could be logged in for months as long as I didn't end my GN inet session or shut down my 'puter.

Thanks! :)

PS: No place I've found in my individual settings to deal with this, so it must be within the site's settings.

Gunreference1
07-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Make sure you click the little box "Remember Me" when you log in. This happened to me too. Since I've done that I've been staying logged in.

Steve

Oswald Bastable
07-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Make sure you click the little box "Remember Me" when you log in. This happened to me too. Since I've done that I've been staying logged in.

Steve

Thanks Steve, didn't have to do that on the old site, so I didn't even think about it when logging in. :)

gunsnetadmin
07-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks Steve, didn't have to do that on the old site, so I didn't even think about it when logging in. :)

This is the newest version of vbulletin also.. maybe the "remember me" wasnt an option back then.

justinsaneok
07-14-2010, 05:33 PM
ooooo i thought its a wife protection system