PDA

View Full Version : ELK River Tool-Die Explains

recon
12-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Got this from another forum as to why he hasn't been visiting the boards lately.

"Hello all, my name is Hector Bennett and I own Elk River Tool and Die. I feel I should come on here and let everyone know what is going on and why the "balck out" here.

First I have been through 11 employees this year in the shop alone. This has taken a toll on my ability to get custom work done because of the constent training of employees. These guys couldn't handle the constent banging fingers, oil smell, cuts and just plain work just to name a few. Anyone looking to assemble AK's???

I have had 4 women up front as well. They all complain of the paperwork involved.

Second, I am an Importer also. I have been working overseas with other countries to import parts, part sets and rifles. Almost 2 years ago I teamed up with another gentleman you may know from another large parts supplier, (I won't let the cat out yet, after SHOT show 2012 you'll know) who will handle the parts and I will handle the rifles etc. We will have our first kits coming in January, they should have been here next week. Once they come in I will explain in more detail on what is coming etc.

Third, we are working on some new tooling that will revolutionalize AK assemble. This equipment is a co-operative between us and some engineers from some well know arsenals in Europe. This equipmenmt will be the best in current production by a mile! Enough said.

Fourth, I am in a divorce that has been 16 months so far all over my 5 year old daughter. Because of my occupation the courts wouldn't let me see her but for 2 hours a week and will not let her even come to my shop. I also have to have my Blue Nose pitty leashed at all times. So I said "F U" hence 16 months and counting. Only 3-4 more to go. :beer: Any single women out there that like AK's and would be willing to come to Montana feel free to send photos of your rifles/handguns, a list w/ammo count, mag count and gear :grin:

Fifth, I have totally gone over our receiver and updated it to something that will bust this market open. Sorry, but again after SHOT I will post pics etc.

Sixth and final, some of you know I started working with the Ukrainians in early 2008 on a suppressor for the AK and M16/M4. This can was tested at 30K rnds in FA only and it's bullet strike proof! I have redesigned it with the help of Elite Iron here in Montana. I hope to have this coming out in March....fingers crossed!

SOOOOO, I have been atleast 3 weeks behind on email and I haven't been able to get to the calls. I hope you can see that I am not hiding or out of business, just f*ck&5g busy, trying to stay on top of the tooling as well as importing.

I miss "Chief Thunder"!!

I hope this will explain some things.

Have a Merry Christmas!!

stampederunner
12-26-2011, 04:58 PM
What site was this posted on?

recon
12-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Right here.
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170099

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-26-2011, 07:22 PM