PDA

View Full Version : Someone please fix this!!!!

imanaknut
12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
You know you are having a bad day when you start a rant, and then hit the wrong damned key combination and delete the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I try again.

In a nut shell, I am fed up with people telling me I am wrong after nearly 30 years of research in the Automatic Kalashnikov and it's zillion variants, and then I decide to try to prove what I already know, and the first damned site I hit is this:

http://www.ak-47.net/ak-47/sar-1.php

And I see that according to this site, this site, this site!!!! That the SAR-1 was US made!!!!!!!!! How can I make an honest statement based on research, when I google "SAR-1" and the first site tells me that my SAR-1 was made in the United States when the rifle that is currently in my lap very plainly states "Made by CN Romarm SA/Cugir in Romania" "Imported by CAI Georga,VT."

Yes I am tired, and as glad as I am to see new people getting into this sport, I am really tired about how lazy some are that what they think with no research is fact.

Will somebody please go to that site and fix the lies?!?!?!?!?!?!

Again, sorry for the rant, but...

Infidelski
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Doesn't look to be fixed yet. But what's the real story? Assembled in US/Romania or Made in Romania/US? I always presumed they were imported from romania with the US parts installed.

imanaknut
12-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Actually that is what got them banned, they were imported from Romania with 100% Romanian parts in full military semi-auto dress. When ATF figured out that they were allowing them to be imported, ATF decided to change their mind and declared that the SAR series was unimportable as it didn't meet the sporting purpose clause of the second amendment. Since the WASR series was imported with a single stack mag well, it was allowed.

When Century was originally importing the SAR series, once in the country they were converted to "sporting purpose" by replacing the trigger group, gas piston, and pistol grip, and grinding off the bayo lug ears. Same rifle, virtually same configuration, magically legal. That is until ATF changed their mind.

Infidelski
12-29-2011, 11:29 PM
that's so messed up as in waste of everyones good time/s! Us made parts in original import configuration/rendering less the bayolug. So my Sar rifles have US trigger groups-gaspiston & pistolgrip (yay me, changing them do me no good) and in conjunction with a ground off bayo lugg they are now more in line with the second amendment sporting clause. Oh now its all clear to me :dizzy:

NAPOTS
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
in a 922r complaint configuration isn't the SAR series "USA Made" in the eyes of the government?

imanaknut
12-30-2011, 03:54 PM
in a 922r complaint configuration isn't the SAR series "USA Made" in the eyes of the government?

Actually no, it just made it legal per the sporting purpose declaration in a very unconstitutional set of regulations. As imported, the rifle was not compliant with the sporting purpose of ATF, but per their rules, after bringing the total imported parts count down to 10, it became compliant after importation. ATF later changed their "interpretation" to make it that the rifle had to conform before importation.

And this is just a microcosm of why we are in trouble with the way our current government is governing.