PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying one of these.

abpt1
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Ares Combat Utility Knife
(http://www.laruetactical.com/knifespartan-ares-combat-utility-knife)

What do you guys think ?

gpwasr10
01-03-2012, 05:25 PM
In my world, a utility knife is in the >$100.00 range... For general utility the Glock field and survival knives are hard to beat.

deth502
01-03-2012, 06:39 PM
you know my feelings on it.

the point will break off opening that can of paint just as easily with a $10 knife, and the $10 knife is a lot easier to replace.

old Grump
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
you know my feelings on it.

the point will break off opening that can of paint just as easily with a $10 knife, and the $10 knife is a lot easier to replace.Silly Wabbit thats what screwdrivers and hammers are for. Besides with that knife he will be to busy looking for zombies to strike down to be painting.

Richard Simmons
01-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Can't speak to the brand as I'm totally unfamiliar with Spartan. S30v is good steel and it's an interesting looking piece.

Found this one a little cheaper

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/849471-Spartan-Ares-NIB?highlight=spartan+ares

Richard Simmons
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
If we all just bought the cheapest of everything life would be pretty boring. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

deth502
01-05-2012, 05:56 PM
If we all just bought the cheapest of everything life would be pretty boring. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

very true. all depends on where your priorities lie. if your into knives, again, not my thing, but i can appreciate spending that much. i know there are some books ive paid a disgusting amount for, that im sure most would say im crazy for. to each their own.

imo, my knife is a tool that gets used and abused daily, not something i really take good care of, so i cant see dropping that much, when i could skimp and spend the extra money on something like ammo :thumbsup:

abpt1
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes I am spending my income tax check already :embarrassed:

Worst part is I have lost 4-5 $50+ pocket knifes in the last 4-5 years :/

Yeah I do need to buy some reloading components ...and a scope .....And then there is my GD truck with a broken exhaust bolt that just keeps getting louder LMAO ...:swear:

But I just have a need for a new really cool knife ....:thumbsup::thumbsup: