PDA

View Full Version : Spring Loaded Firing Pin??????

TB215
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Which Chinese AKs has spring loaded firing pins?

imanaknut
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Please don't take this wrong, but the answer is some of them. I have seen most Poly Techs with spring loaded pins, most Norincos with floating firing pins, but like I said about Chinese AK variants, with the Chinese the only rule was there were no rules.

Also because of the Bush1 ban, the rifles that followed can be found with either firing pin set up and because of Bush1, I believe all post-Bush1-ban rifles were Norincos, and a few did have spring loaded firing pins.

Sorry for what sounds like an evasive answer, but it is really hard to make a blanket statement about Chinese AK variants.

TB215
01-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I asked this because my BWK-92 has a spring loaded firing pin.

Did preban 84S rifles come with spring loaded firing pins.

Just want to learn more about my rifle.

Thanks for the answers and help on my questions.

imanaknut
01-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Just pulled two of my 84S-1s out, both underfolders but one a standard barrel and the other an 18 inch barrel version. Both did have spring loaded firing pins.

Been so long since I had them apart I couldn't remember. :smiley08:

imanaknut
01-05-2012, 11:13 PM
And you actually made me do something that I haven't done in years. I dug out my new in box 84S-5A and verified that it too has a spring loaded firing pin.

Then I lovingly caressed it, oiled it and put it away.

And since it sat under my also new in box Clayco underfolder, I had to take it out and let it know how much I like it, and oiled it down too. Didn't remember the super deep blue that the old Clayco was. Almost that beautiful dark blue of the old Colt revolvers!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just now thought to check it's firing pin, but too late now.

circuits
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
You, sir, are an AK Nut.