PDA

View Full Version : So I'm a dirty, filthy, dirty slut....

raxar
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
after years of picking up all kinds of crap guns over the course of my "collecting" I had decided I was going to forego the saturday night specials and stick to high-class firearms. Then I found myself in my local shop yesterday and my dealer (pusher) struck my in my weakness with an offer I just couldn't ignore. a LNIB Davis .25 acp derringer and a very nice ( :wink: ) jennings j22 at the bargain rate of $100 for the pair. I was helpless, despite my entire soul crying out NO NO my hand thrust itself into my wallet with uncontrollable speed and thrust my credit card down with nearly enough force to break the counter's glass.

The next thing I remember I awoke, sticky and smelling of menthol cigarettes, lying on a bare spring mattress, clutching a bar napkin with nothing but a stranger's phone number scrawed on it. Filled with shame I made my way to a gun auction, just hoping I could redeem myself and forget the relapse.

And that's when I saw it. The primest example of a stallard arms model js I'd ever seen. The father of the mighty Hi-point, ugly as sin and housed in it's factory tupperware. Suddenly my hand flew though the air, off in the distance I hear $50? 60? 70? (I nod) 80? 90? (I nod) 100? 110? I nod yet again, praying that the other bidder will follow suit, that he will just stick it out until I realize my folly and return to pursuing proper guns. But he did not.

Now I sit here, bottle of scotch nearly empty, cold and naked from the hours I spend in the shower trying to wash off the dirt, but I can still feel it on my skin, like a thousand crawling insects....

mriddick
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
$50 for a Davis 25 derringer I could probably do, if for no other reason then a conversation piece.
$50 for a used Jennings....nope wouldn't do that on a new one.
$110 for a Stallard arms? I would of stopped at $70...but it is another conversation piece

BTW I picked up a Marlin 1895 44 mag today with a Nikon 3x9x40 Nikon prostaff for $480 so if nothing else you got 3 guns to my 1 and spent less :)

El Laton Caliente
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
It's the real pushers that get me... Buddy: "I'm broke can I sell you my gun?"

raxar
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
$50 for a Davis 25 derringer I could probably do, if for no other reason then a conversation piece.
$50 for a used Jennings....nope wouldn't do that on a new one.
$110 for a Stallard arms? I would of stopped at $70...but it is another conversation piece

BTW I picked up a Marlin 1895 44 mag today with a Nikon 3x9x40 Nikon prostaff for $480 so if nothing else you got 3 guns to my 1 and spent less :)

the stallard was on my list for a while, just because I've seen so few of them (this would be the third). An interesting tidbit about them is that Hi-point honor's their warranty, so if anything happens to go wrong with it they'll fix it for free.

good job on the marlin, I have the sneaking suspicion that they're going to shoot up in price since remlin stopped making them.

abpt1
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
LoL wheres the like button ?

gpwasr10
01-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Man, you got a sickness... lol

mrkalashnikov
01-08-2012, 05:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zUGd-VC3wk

Alpha_Omega33
01-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Hilarious!!!

mriddick
01-08-2012, 08:23 AM
the stallard was on my list for a while, just because I've seen so few of them (this would be the third). An interesting tidbit about them is that Hi-point honor's their warranty, so if anything happens to go wrong with it they'll fix it for free.

good job on the marlin, I have the sneaking suspicion that they're going to shoot up in price since remlin stopped making them.
I see quite a few Stallards in Ohio, I guess they were made here (from memory) so they might be more popular.

5.56NATO
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah. Zinc blowback 45s are sweet.

raxar
01-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah. Zinc blowback 45s are sweet.

it's a 9mm, haskel made the .45

Silicon Wolverine
01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
the first thing that popped into my mind was fry and the hot beuacrat from futurama getting it on and shes yelling "DIRTY DIRTY BOY!"

SW

5.56NATO
01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
the first thing that popped into my mind was fry and the hot beuacrat from futurama getting it on and shes yelling "DIRTY DIRTY BOY!"

SW

QFMFT!