PDA

View Full Version : Norinco Mak-90 Underfolder

jloneill
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
What do you think the value of a Mak-90 Underfolder is? thanks

imanaknut
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

These days the standard MAK-90 is selling for around $500 in good used condition (although sometimes you get lucky and find one cheaper) to $650 new (unused) in box with all the stuff.

Base on that, since the ones with the underfolding receiver are fairly rare, I would guess a used one in very good condition around $600. I am sure there might be people to offer more, but this is my personal max value.

They are really nice rifles if unaltered.

alismith
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
The Chinese knew how to build an AK and SKS. I prefer those over the Russian and European ones.

videodon
01-16-2012, 07:58 AM
I had a Mak-90 underfolder once...had to sell it back
to the pawn shop because of an evil third pin
I learned about too late.
Be sure and check yours.
:)

El Laton Caliente
01-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Really? Im looking for an AK and was thinking Russian or EG NEver even thought about a Norinco...?

They have the nicest blued finish and best trigger pull out of the box of any AKs. The receivers are also thicker making them more ridgid. The Chinese are as well built as the pre-ban Yugos

jloneill
01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I had a Mak-90 underfolder once...had to sell it back
to the pawn shop because of an evil third pin
I learned about too late.
Be sure and check yours.

Where would the third pin be located? over the trigger? Thanks

jloneill
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

These days the standard MAK-90 is selling for around $500 in good used condition (although sometimes you get lucky and find one cheaper) to $650 new (unused) in box with all the stuff.

Base on that, since the ones with the underfolding receiver are fairly rare, I would guess a used one in very good condition around $600. I am sure there might be people to offer more, but this is my personal max value.

They are really nice rifles if unaltered.

Thank you. I would have thought the underfolder version would have brought a little more. Maybe I'm wrong. I traded a Kimber Custom II for it, so I still made out good. The Kimber was a little banged up.

videodon
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Where would the third pin be located? over the trigger? Thanks

Here's a pic...
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac140/videodon/od25i.jpg

imanaknut
01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Great photo Don, thanks!!!!

jloneill, the underfolder version would be worth more. Usually if unmodified, the MAK-90 with an underfolder receiver would sell for about $100 more than a standard receiver MAK-90.

jloneill
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
thanks so much for the picture. that's very nice of you. thank god there's no third hole.

videodon
01-16-2012, 06:34 PM
thanks so much for the picture. that's very nice of you. thank god there's no third hole.

Good, I've learned so much over the years on this site...especially from the "guru".
(IMANAKNUT)