PDA

View Full Version : New Trigger Group

Gary Thomas
01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Folks!

Been a while since I've posted, but need some advice from our experts.

I have Romanian AK's and a PSL, and it's time to think about improving them. I'm planning on replacing the FCG's with Tapco G2 triggers. I know about the RSA units, but for now, they're beyond my piggy bank balance! All of my guns have a single hook setup now, and I'm wondering whether to go to a double hook trigger with milling an extra slot in the receiver for the second hook or stick with the stock single hook setup.

Is there any real advantage to the double hook to warrent the little extra work, or can I safely just stick with the single hook setup?

Thanks much for the usual valuable advice!

"When is John Galt going to arrive in our country?"

Ezra Coli
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
A double hook can be tuned nicely to a smooth and glassy trigger, more so than a single hook. Generally the double hook is nice to start, but in my opinion (having many of both kinds) not significantly better. I have a RSA adjustable trigger in one of my better rifles that I really like, and the benefit of adjusting the trigger pull is nice - I'd consider saving for the RSA adjustable for your PSL. A PSL with a rough trigger is no good.

Gary Thomas
01-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks Ezra! Think I'll go with the G2 for the AK and the RSA for the PSL. At the point of trying to get whatever improvements I can out of both.

Gary An ex-Texan!

abpt1
01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I think these are much nicer then tapco

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29832

Doberman
01-26-2012, 08:26 PM
I went with the Arsenal 3 pc (US 922) trigger group on both my Romanian builds, great trigger group.

Gary Thomas
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Doberman & abpt1. Good options!

Ezra Coli
02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
abpt1, would you consider the Arsenal a middle quality with the Tapco below it and the Red Star adjustable above it?