View Full Version : On Religion and "Divine Protection"

LAGC
08-18-2010, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m12mZiiaWuw&feature=player_embedded#

swampdragon
08-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Interesting.
Good questions really.

I suppose that faith only goes so far...then you buy a gun and lock your doors anyways.

Goodman
08-18-2010, 02:27 AM
Luke 4:12

printerman
08-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Anti-Christ is not only an individual , it's also a following of people who have convinced themselves to be "ANTI-CHRIST" (against Christ)

Jesus said they will call us fools ! But he didn't ask us to be fools !

As one of the most mis-understood points of Christianity "We are and always have been allowed to "defend" ourselves in every way !

That would include being cautious , careful and wise ....

Many who can't afford certain luxuries in life do indeed count on faith ! How great those people are ! Of course Jesus also asks us to suffer as he suffered !

Krupski
08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Interesting.
Good questions really.

I suppose that faith only goes so far...then you buy a gun and lock your doors anyways.

Assuming that there is a God or believing it with faith is not the same thing as assuming or believing in "protection".

I don't even recall ever encountering a rabid "pamphlets in the face" born again Christian saying that they believed they were "protected" by God.

God created the elements, random chance formed life, that life evolved over time... where is it implied or expected that God "protects"?

I seriously doubt that God even cares about humans or any other self-aware life forms throughout the universe.

I think God cares for me about as much as I care about bacteria on the floor. Maybe even less than that. :)

Krupski
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Anti-Christ is not only an individual , it's also a following of people who have convinced themselves to be "ANTI-CHRIST" (against Christ)

Jesus said they will call us fools ! But he didn't ask us to be fools !

As one of the most mis-understood points of Christianity "We are and always have been allowed to "defend" ourselves in every way !

That would include being cautious , careful and wise ....

Many who can't afford certain luxuries in life do indeed count on faith ! How great those people are ! Of course Jesus also asks us to suffer as he suffered !

P-Man... claiming that you know about Russian woodpeckers and secret scalar waves is one thing... claiming that you know what God wants is quite another.

Do you realize how utterly arrogant it is to think that you know ANYTHING about what God wants, needs or expects?

Mark Ducati
08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
LAGC,

As a Christian, I believe in God's will.... He set the ball of life in motion and is letting it play out according to His will. I believe that for the most part, life plays itself out and He only intervenes when He chooses to.

Why he allows suffering and hunger to occur in 3rd world countries, I do not know... some ask how can your God allow this to happen and not do anything about it, then sometimes I wonder what He must be thinking like "why aren't you doing something to help your fellow man"?

I have insurance, I lock my doors, I take medicine... it has nothing to do with trusting or not trusting Him rather my lack of faith in fellow man.

Just just cant resist poking the stick at the hornet's nest?

Mark Ducati
08-18-2010, 01:06 PM
You know, the more I think about it... God didn't screw up life, man did and does... just look at few of the 10 commandments 1) Don't murder 2) Don't steal 3) Don't Lie...

He acknowledged way back then that man was sinful.... so of course I'm going to protect myself against my fellow man.