PDA

View Full Version : Time for everyone to be a Congressional Medal winner...

Oswald Bastable
08-18-2010, 03:02 AM
First, let me say that I think anyone...ANYONE...who pretends to some military honor, rank or position, is a lowlife scum-sucking jizzbag.

However, given this recent ruling by a commiefornia federal appeals court, it may be time to put the commie's agenda to the test. What if millions were to claim such status, putting the commie ruling to a test worthy of its perfidy.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/17/court-rules-people-right-lie-receiving-military-medals/

PASADENA, Calif. -- A federal appeals court panel in California says people have a right to lie about receiving military medals.

The Tuesday ruling involves the case of Xavier Alvarez, who falsely claimed in 2007 to have won a Congressional Medal of Honor. He was charged with violating the federal Stolen Valor Act, which makes it a crime to falsely claim to have won a military medal.

Alvarez challenged the law on appeal as a violation of his free-speech rights.

A panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with him in a 2-1 decision. The majority said there's no evidence that such lies harm anybody, and there's no compelling reason for the government to ban such lies.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles is deciding whether to appeal the ruling.

Allow me to be the first.

I won a Congressional Medal of Honor for armchair quarterbacking GWI, GWII, and planning the logisitics (from my armchair) of the coming Super Bowl to be held at the new Texas stadium.

All praise be to me, Allah is now my foot washing bitch...

swampdragon
08-18-2010, 03:14 AM
First, let me say that I think anyone...ANYONE...who pretends to some military honor, rank or position, is a lowlife scum-sucking jizzbag.

However, given this recent ruling by a commiefornia federal appeals court, it may be time to put the commie's agenda to the test. What if millions were to claim such status, putting the commie ruling to a test worthy of its perfidy.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/17/court-rules-people-right-lie-receiving-military-medals/

Allow me to be the first.

I won a Congressional Medal of Honor for armchair quarterbacking GWI, GWII, and planning the logisitics (from my armchair) of the coming Super Bowl to be held at the new Texas stadium.

All praise be to me, Allah is now my foot washing bitch...

9th Circuit.
Why am I not surprised.

Oswald Bastable
08-18-2010, 03:20 AM
9th Circuit.
Why am I not surprised.

That's 9th Circus...get it right. :)

swampdragon
08-18-2010, 03:29 AM
That's 9th Circus...get it right. :)

You're right.

Oswald Bastable
08-18-2010, 03:36 AM
You're right.

Right of Attila, left of Vlad...

Just to assure any who feel I've softened with age. :D

swampdragon
08-18-2010, 04:01 AM
Right of Attila, left of Vlad...

Just to assure any who feel I've softened with age. :D

If anybody thinks you've softened with age, just give yourself another medal and tell them to screw off!
lol....

Oswald Bastable
08-18-2010, 04:13 AM
If anybody thinks you've softened with age, just give yourself another medal and tell them to screw off!
lol....

HA!!!!

Perfect, I've now got three silver stars and the Ordre de la Légion d'honneur from pfrance, because the pfrench are idiots and will never know or sue me for claiming such an honor.

You're brilliant swampy. :D

l921428x
08-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Maybe you deserve one of the new medals. The ones that are given for restraint in action. Bastable for congress!

chiak47
08-18-2010, 05:56 AM
You're brilliant swampy. :D

It's a spell and you must resist it.
:big-eye-eek:

mriddick
08-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Oh my you mean the courts are re reading the Constitution not to our liking? I've heard before if it means anything it means nothing. :)

Note that if they do not appeal the ruling it will stand and neuter the law, that is right the attorney's office in liberal LA is deciding whether this stands or not...

Mark Ducati
08-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Should be no surprise.... after all, our own president lied about the origin of his birth... Hey, he was just exercising his right to free speech after all???

Ruskiegunlover
08-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, I won the medal of honor fighting the south in the battle of Gettysburg......You should have been there that day, we lost a lot of good men......

abpt1
08-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Not surprising considering these days we live among lairs, cheats and thief's more then honest good people .

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2010, 08:30 AM
I see this as being on the same level as yelling fire in a theater (when there is none).

The Constitutional right ends when you are hurting other people.

We have the right to keep and bear arms but we can't use them to shoot somebody and claim Constitutional protection...

This is the same thing - only its the freak's mouth that's being shot off.

Krupski
08-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Well, I won the medal of honor fighting the south in the battle of Gettysburg......You should have been there that day, we lost a lot of good men......

I have quite a few military medals... including a Purple Heart. But they're not mine, they're my dad's. And they are in a triangular case along with his funeral Flag.

This sucks! Allowing some punk-ass wannabe to wear medals he didn't earn just ruins their value for the REAL Soldiers that actually DID earn them.

Those posers need to be taken to a secluded area and taught a lesson...

AKTexas
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Claiming a medal is a slap in the face to anyone that served.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-18-2010, 10:14 AM
So does that mean we can lie on federal forms too? Time to file a 1040 amended....
I forgot about the 24 kids I have.....

Mark Ducati
08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
So being a "poser" is just free speech?

Uncle Scary
08-18-2010, 12:30 PM

I agree with you, that this guy Alvarez is a low life. The Stolen Valor law was found unconstitutional in a Denver (Commierado?) Federal Court last month on the same legal basis (freedom of speech) .

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_15536854?source=commented-news

Uncle Scary
08-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Liar! You were out of the battle after Johnny Reb's ion cannon took out your AT-AT walker. I was there, I should get the Medal of Honor!

mriddick
08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
So being a "poser" is just free speech?

I've been stating to be a revisionist judge you have to be able to read the 14th as the right to abortions and gay marriage but miss the part in the 2nd where firearms are an individual right. I guess now we can add they have to be able to read first as allowing a person to commit fraud as well.

I would say the best way to fight this is for everyone to wear a police or fireman's badge and then claim first amendment freedom...

matshock
08-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I've been stating to be a revisionist judge you have to be able to read the 14th as the right to abortions and gay marriage but miss the part in the 2nd where firearms are an individual right. I guess now we can add they have to be able to read first as allowing a person to commit fraud as well.

I would say the best way to fight this is for everyone to wear a police or fireman's badge and then claim first amendment freedom...

Yeah I was gonna say- think they'll mind if I impersonate a judge and carry concealed in a courthouse?

I'm just making a protected statement...

elkydriver
08-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah I was gonna say- think they'll mind if I impersonate a judge and carry concealed in a courthouse?

I'm just making a protected statement...

Just name yourself Grand Inquisitor of the Spanish Inquisition, and you should be able to get away with it. Seems any asshole that can open their mouth gets a protected status these days. Makes me wonder what kind of shithead votes for assholes that appoint morons like these anyways

renegadebuck
08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Liar! You were out of the battle after Johnny Reb's ion cannon took out your AT-AT walker. I was there, I should get the Medal of Honor!

Screw you! It was my ion cannon! That metal's mine beotch!!!
:D

Dan Morris
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I agree with you, that this guy Alvarez is a low life. The Stolen Valor law was found unconstitutional in a Denver (Commierado?) Federal Court last month on the same legal basis (freedom of speech) .

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_15536854?source=commented-news

Unfortunantly, this is true! Dudfeb here even convenced some Vet groups of it! Made a bunch ofpeople want to puke.......others..libs .... thought he was great.
Dan

Uncle Scary
08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Screw you! It was my ion cannon! That metal's mine beotch!!!
:D

You get the "camping" medal for parking your ion cannon in the Confederate spawn point! I'll take the MOH.