PDA

View Full Version : New to AK's Need help with ID

highshooter
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I got my hands on this Norinco AK-047, I cant seem to find any pictures of one like it, It has a wooden thumb hole stock, long barrel with flash hidder/comp and a bi-pod on the barrel its self, also had a redstar 4X scope.

Any info at all would help I need to also put a value on the gun for insurance.

Thanks

Eric

imanaknut
01-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Sounds like you have a Norinco NHM-91. Guessing the bipod is behind the front sight and not in front of it, based on your stating it has a Bush-hole stock. ( ;) )

If the scope is mounted to the receiver cover, do you have the original unmolested cover?

These days there seem to be a ton of NHM-91s for sale on Gunbroker, the ones that sell go for around $500. For insurance purposes, I would recommend about $700 so that if something did happen to the rifle, you would be able to find a replacement at current asking prices. This is as opposed to actual selling prices. Always insure for the asking price.

highshooter
01-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks, I thought i read that the NHM-91s had to be stamped to identify them as such? but yes it is behind the front sight.

imanaknut
01-22-2012, 10:25 PM
If it isn't marked "NHM-91", is it a stamped (rivets holding the front and rear trunion to the receiver) or milled (machined from solid block of steel) receiver?

If it is a milled receiver, it would be a MAK-91, which carries about a $200 dollar premium these days.

If it isn't marked either way, it is possible it is a Canadian rifle that was brought into the land of shall not be infringed which could explain why it isn't marked the normal way the post-Bush-ban rifles were marked.

highshooter
01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
I will have to check it out, the gun is at a buddy's house right now.

El Laton Caliente
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
The scope doesn't matter, it came after...

20"+/- barrel bipod cut, Stamped or milled receiver?, thumb hole

I have one stamped MAK90 that was 20", stamped, Norinco, bipod cut barrel...

Know what? Ya got a nice rifle. period.

My early ban bastard is the most accurate 7.62x39 I have and was the first of... well more than one AK I bought...

Enjoy your NICE rifle.