PDA

View Full Version : Coffee anyone?

kathy
07-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey, there is no Veterans and Friends Forum. So if you all dont mind I will put the Coffee here if its appropriate.

Its been a while, facebook just didnt make very good coffee and everyone except Old Grump and sister Janet scattered away. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off and enjoy a cup or coffee, tea, moonshine....coffee cupcakes??? whatever and get caught up on whats going on.

Lots going on here I dont even know where to start... Coffee black, hopefully steaming hot. Thats what it all about.:dancingsmile:

63DH8
07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks Kathy! It's been too long doing without our coffee. btw... I may not be on-line for a while. This computer is acting up. It's not booting up like it's supposed to, so I'm sending it in for repairs. It could take four to six weeks before I get it back. I may buy another one to tie me over.

gi_janearng
07-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm here! Need to start getting back in the saddle now that the new site is up with a new clean slate. LOL

old Grump
07-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Alright who drug the mud into the kitchen ........................... oh dear, those are my boots they go to. Well coffee is on, I brought the cinnamon buns and the slate is now officially smudged.

Hi GI, I don't think we have talked much, you seemed to be gone most of the time before the big oops.

Hey Kathy, been reading your campaign stuff about your stand on Education issues. Need about 7 or 8 of you on our school board. We have some good people and then we have space fillers trying to suck up to the state. Oy Vey! My neighbor works for the school district and every spring she gets fired because she isn't in the budget and every fall they have to hire her back because somebody needs to do the work. Gonna quit here because my tongue is bleeding.

Hope you get your computer stuff sorted out 63, the last time mine was off line for 4 days it was the longest 3 months of my life...well 2 1/2 months. I read two books in the first two days. I should do that more often. Books are fun.

awp101
07-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Did the "all clear" sound?:vinsent::coffee:

TakeFive
07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks Kathy. OG, I like your avatar, sort of looks like Zeus or something.

btcave
07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Yoo Hoo, were back from excile!

shadow65
07-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Just passing through :)

old Grump
07-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi awp, btcave, TakeFive, whatcha mean passing through shadow, stay awhile and I'll let you sweep the floor and have a cinnamon bun.

The avatar actually looks a lot like me except my hair is buzz cut and I am much better looking. If you don't believe me just ask me, I will repeat that lie till it seems like it was your idea.

shadow65
07-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh I'll be back. Just got my service connected Disability approved after 35 years. Imagine that.

swampdragon
07-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Just stopped by to say hello, but I don't know anything about the military.

gi_janearng
07-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey OG, I was a regular seems years ago before I went and decided to expand my family lol. My views on the military and life itself have changed since being deployed and for the most part I had disconnected myself from the internet to focus on my own life and where it was headed. HDR, 63D, Kathy...not sure how many of the others left from the gang are still around...but I missed them all and it was time to start coming back...seemed like a good time when I heard that a new server was going up.

Hey swampy, good to see you here. Doesn't matter if you know anything about the military or not, just pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup and chat. That's what we're all about LOL.

swampdragon
07-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey OG, I was a regular seems years ago before I went and decided to expand my family lol. My views on the military and life itself have changed since being deployed and for the most part I had disconnected myself from the internet to focus on my own life and where it was headed. HDR, 63D, Kathy...not sure how many of the others left from the gang are still around...but I missed them all and it was time to start coming back...seemed like a good time when I heard that a new server was going up.

Hey swampy, good to see you here. Doesn't matter if you know anything about the military or not, just pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup and chat. That's what we're all about LOL.

Jane, thanks.
I was just kidding about the military part though.
I just retired last October.

Glad to see you guys got your forum up.
Congrats Kathy...:thumbsup:

gi_janearng
07-15-2010, 02:38 PM
ooops! I think I knew that too...the part about you being in anyway. But that goes to show you how long I've been gone and that my mind isn't what it used to be (is that a good thing?)...hehe.

swampdragon
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
It's been a while for everybody that's for sure.
You'd have to ask old Grump about the memory loss stuff however.
That ancient fucker is the resident expert on the subject.
;)

These smilies suck by the way. What happened to the old ones? They were better.

old Grump
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
That ancient good looking sucker is the resident expert on the subject.Hey! I reassemble that, er reassert that, uh remarkable that..................ah nuts.

What he said.

swampdragon
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey! I reassemble that, er reassert that, uh remarkable that..................ah nuts.

What he said.

Hey! That's not what I said.
:laugh:

kathy
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Good eveing everyone, so great to see you all... a sight for sore eyes. I love all the avitars and locations.

I went to a "meet and greet" for someone running for office in a nearby town. One of the other guys running for state rep is Miltary and still active in the reserves. He had the greatest old jeep with an old .50 cal mounted on it. I have got to get a picture, he says its his campaign vehicle..LOL Probly wont help him much here in Connecticut.

An ammo store owner had a "meet and greet" for me, he offered to have another. I have to get the guy with the jeep there too. That would draw in some people. Politics and Guns... what fun.

I am thinking of having a campaign flag made up for my bike, I could ride around with it flying.

Anyway I hope you are all having a pleasant evening.

cavscouty
07-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Hello all!

swampdragon
07-16-2010, 03:51 AM
Good eveing everyone, so great to see you all... a sight for sore eyes. I love all the avitars and locations.

I went to a "meet and greet" for someone running for office in a nearby town. One of the other guys running for state rep is Miltary and still active in the reserves. He had the greatest old jeep with an old .50 cal mounted on it. I have got to get a picture, he says its his campaign vehicle..LOL Probly wont help him much here in Connecticut.

An ammo store owner had a "meet and greet" for me, he offered to have another. I have to get the guy with the jeep there too. That would draw in some people. Politics and Guns... what fun.

I am thinking of having a campaign flag made up for my bike, I could ride around with it flying.

Anyway I hope you are all having a pleasant evening.

I seem to have lost track a little bit, so please don't be offended.
But "why" is an ammo store owner having a meet and greet for "you?"
What are you involved in that I seem to not know about?
I didn't keep up with much of anything at all on Facebook....

63DH8
07-16-2010, 04:01 AM
I've been busy with helping my aunt get her survivor's bennies from her deceased husband. Because she didn't renew her ID card, and because she was married three months shy of 15 years, she can't get an ID card. Also, because they didn't transfer his retiree bennies to the VA, she's not getting his retiree bennies. Fortunately, because he paid into the Military retiree DIC program, she'll have some sort of income. Unfortunately, she needs their marriage certificate, she won't get that money until she produces the MC. She doesn't have a copy. They were married in Japan. The US Embassy doesn't keep a copy. She needs to go to the city records building to get a copy.

From all this, I got the impression that there is a program, for both retirees and veterans, to take care of spouses and disabled children. http://militarypay.defense.gov/survivor/sbp/11_va_benefits.html

swampdragon
07-16-2010, 04:19 AM
I've been busy with helping my aunt get her survivor's bennies from her deceased husband. Because she didn't renew her ID card, and because she was married three months shy of 15 years, she can't get an ID card. Also, because they didn't transfer his retiree bennies to the VA, she's not getting his retiree bennies. Fortunately, because he paid into the Military retiree DIC program, she'll have some sort of income. Unfortunately, she needs their marriage certificate, she won't get that money until she produces the MC. She doesn't have a copy. They were married in Japan. The US Embassy doesn't keep a copy. She needs to go to the city records building to get a copy.

From all this, I got the impression that there is a program, for both retirees and veterans, to take care of spouses and disabled children. http://militarypay.defense.gov/survivor/sbp/11_va_benefits.html

I was wondering why I hadn't heard of DIC.
It's because I'm healthy I guess.
What did he die from?

kathy
07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Hello Cavscout, welcome to the coffee room!

Swampdragon, I am running for state rep. and the owner of the ammo store had a "meet and greet" for prosecond amendment candidates. Nice of him I thought, we need to protect our rights here. They are always trying to legislate them away.

abpt1
07-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Good morning Everyone !

I am on my way to make a pot of go juice ....just wanted to say Good morning to the regular people here ;)

TakeFive
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Kathy, Good luck on your run for office. Do you have a donation mechanism on the web?

Janet
07-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Old Grump : He is better looking, but not as cute as I am, but he has better cinnamon buns...................................Sister #2

Janet
07-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Old Grump: too bad you dont have enough to read lol, I think I have found my way in here, the trick is to find my way back in lol, Hi Kathy,

63DH8
07-17-2010, 02:36 AM
I was wondering why I hadn't heard of DIC.
It's because I'm healthy I guess.
What did he die from?

Hey Swampy! Seems not very many people have heard of DIC. The name alone lends to jokes! (Have you heard of DIC/I haven't heard of DIC!) :D Seriously, it's not known much. It's like an insurance program for retirees and veterans spouses. If the veteran and his or her spouse divorces, the spouse can still get the payments after the vet dies if the retiree/vet doesn't remove the spouse from the program. However, if the spouse remarries, the payment ceases. If the spouse divorces and is again single, the payments can continue. It's all in those links I posted.

63DH8
07-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Old Grump: too bad you dont have enough to read lol, I think I have found my way in here, the trick is to find my way back in lol, Hi Kathy,

Howdy Janet! If you had set your reply notification to your email, you'll have a safety line back here.:coffee: Please if you don't mind, introduce yourself. :) Did you find your own way here, or did someone show you the way? Feel free to swing on by for a cup of joe and chat anytime! :)

Maser**
07-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Hey, there is no Veterans and Friends Forum. So if you all dont mind I will put the Coffee here if its appropriate.

Its been a while, facebook just didnt make very good coffee and everyone except Old Grump and sister Janet scattered away. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off and enjoy a cup or coffee, tea, moonshine....coffee cupcakes??? whatever and get caught up on whats going on.

Lots going on here I dont even know where to start... Coffee black, hopefully steaming hot. Thats what it all about.:dancingsmile:

I take my coffy regular. That is with cream and suger.

63DH8
07-17-2010, 02:45 AM
Good morning Everyone !

I am on my way to make a pot of go juice ....just wanted to say Good morning to the regular people here ;)

I noticed you had a thread where you're making mead. I recently heard my family in Denmark has a mead recipe dating back to Erik the Red's time. I wish they would cough it up!

ugly Finn
07-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Terve lads, I´m still alive ;)

Pete

old Grump
07-17-2010, 03:27 PM

Pete

Huomenta; Pete, how have you been doing, grab a cup and get wordy.

Hot choclate cooled down to luke warm for my sister Janet, she is barely old enough to hold a coffee cup let alone drink from it. She doesn't know how many books I have either, 2/3 of them are still in storage. I need to get my reloading bench rebuilt then get to work on making more book shelves.....and maybe adding another room....a big room.

Haven't forgotten you 63. I was waiting for the guy to return my blue prints so I could send you a copy. My brother went to his funeral a month ago so I guess I won't be getting it back. I will just draw up a set and send that.

63DH8
07-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Huomenta; Pete, how have you been doing, grab a cup and get wordy.

Hot choclate cooled down to luke warm for my sister Janet, she is barely old enough to hold a coffee cup let alone drink from it. She doesn't know how many books I have either, 2/3 of them are still in storage. I need to get my reloading bench rebuilt then get to work on making more book shelves.....and maybe adding another room....a big room.

Haven't forgotten you 63. I was waiting for the guy to return my blue prints so I could send you a copy. My brother went to his funeral a month ago so I guess I won't be getting it back. I will just draw up a set and send that.

OG, Janet is your sister? But she looks NOTHING like you! :D

63DH8
07-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Pete

Howdy Pete! How's the land of Santa going? Looks like my younger daughter may be going to Finland next August. Not 2010, but 2011. She's going to be visiting my sister who is living in Germany. While there, Erika wants to visit a Fin friend she met in Japan.

old Grump
07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
OG, Janet is your sister? But she looks NOTHING like you! :D
I know but she does the best she can with what she's got. I didn't get the brains in the family, that goes to #1 sister but I did manage to snare most of the good looks. :coffee:

swampdragon
07-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey Swampy! Seems not very many people have heard of DIC. The name alone lends to jokes! (Have you heard of DIC/I haven't heard of DIC!) :D Seriously, it's not known much. It's like an insurance program for retirees and veterans spouses. If the veteran and his or her spouse divorces, the spouse can still get the payments after the vet dies if the retiree/vet doesn't remove the spouse from the program. However, if the spouse remarries, the payment ceases. If the spouse divorces and is again single, the payments can continue. It's all in those links I posted.

OH OK. I get it now.
How've ya been?

swampdragon
07-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Hello Cavscout, welcome to the coffee room!

Swampdragon, I am running for state rep. and the owner of the ammo store had a "meet and greet" for prosecond amendment candidates. Nice of him I thought, we need to protect our rights here. They are always trying to legislate them away.

If you win, do we get a free trip to DC?
I want to go back to the Smithsonian again.
That was great!

ugly Finn
07-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Sipping my 3rd mug of coffee and trying to wake up. Yesterday we visited in serious home party, 5 heavy bands and truck load of beer.

63, you need to come with Erika and visit us.

Pete

recon
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM
This forum won't accept new posts so here is one here. Read this and see if anyone you know can get this.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/11/21/30804-soldiers-to-get-retroactive-pay-for-stop-loss/

kathy
07-19-2010, 06:10 AM
If you win, do we get a free trip to DC?
I want to go back to the Smithsonian again.
That was great!

Ill be in Hartford, State office if people vote for me. Sorry, but we do have some gun factories here. LOL

Good morning everyone! Its great to see so many new and old friends. Where is Janet? Cant leave a sister behind.....I will go get her on facebook.

edit: I see you Janet! Glad you made it.

kathy
07-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Kathy, Good luck on your run for office. Do you have a donation mechanism on the web?

Thank You and Yes! Its at the top of the front page and there is also a form you can print an mail a check if you like. I can accept up to $250 from non lobbists.

http://brownforct2010.com/

Janet
07-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Here I am, scones are done, Hot chocolate - hot. Errand to run, bills to pay, will be back for lunch and conversation. Anyone near Cambridge Springs Pa this week, Stop by the Firemans Community Carnival and say Hi, My Duck pond Broke, but I will find something to do for the Childrens amusement..... Later

kathy
07-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Hope the scones are still available, the site was down. Scared me there....

Look what my son found, a tattoo for monitoring bloodsugar without sticking your fingers. A flaming skull perhaps?

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice//images/article_images/20100527150658-0.jpg

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2010/glucose-tattoo-0528.html

Janet
07-21-2010, 08:17 AM
today I have blueberry muffins and Hot tea, G'morning Kathy and guests, Missed you guys yesterday. how was your Meet N Greet, Kathy. Will be at a community Fair this afternoon and for the rest of the week. A little extra cash for car repairs n such. and a great opportunity to pray for nearby communities and thier needs. Want to save enough to go bug Old Grump again before the snow flies...........dog wants breakfast-laundry to do- gotta start my day....hope every one has a safe, prosperous day.......................sister # 2

kathy
07-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Good to see you sister #2! Where did everyone go?

Thunder boomers passed through here and supposed torandoes. I didnt see any but the rain was intense. No escape from going out tonight...I was going to go riding but those dreams have been crushed...:punch1:

HDR
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, well lookie what I found.

It's been a while for everybody that's for sure.
That ancient fucker is the resident expert on the subject.
;)

These smilies suck by the way. What happened to the old ones? They were better.

I'm an old fsck and you would not want me hunting your retired worn out arse.

Damn I joined this month and I have two posts. lol

DesertDawg
07-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Howdy yall!

btcave
07-21-2010, 10:15 PM
About time D-Dawg!

kathy
07-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Hey welcome back! HDR, Desertdawg and BTCave! The coffee is fresh and hot...plenty of seating for us here.

old Grump
07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Been up since 0500 watching it rain and wondering why am I up and why haven't I made coffee yet. Got into the Mars Rover site and been immersing myself since I haven't looked at it since last fall.

When my computer went down last time that was one of my bookmarks and I checked it every day but I forgot to put it back on. Swampy is right, I got that memo....something or another loss thing.

Hey HDR, after you hunt down Swampy what you gonna do to him? From what I hear you are to weak and feeble to shoot him, he's to ugly to kiss and I doubt he would taste good in a stew or a pie.

Are you out free and clear now btcave? Doing okay I hope.

Need a little campout time in the Desert Dawg? Nothing like going to sleep a couple of hours before sun-up after watching the stars move from one horizon to the other all night then starting the day with a pot of camp coffee. Awful stuff but sure hits the spot when its still pre-dawn cold and you are trying to pry your eyes open.

Janet
07-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Went fishing all night a couple of times, with kids, and without, nothing tastes like a cup of black coffee just before sunrise

Paladin
07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Just passing through to pay my respects. How is everyone?

kathy
07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Hello Paladin!

I went camping with the kids in the wilderness, stayed up all night worried about bears. And the coffee was extra special now that I think about it.

OG did you know Mars will be closer than it has been in 5000 years on Aug 27? I will email to power point someone sent me to you.

ATAK, Inc.
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi all! Sure is nice to pull up a chair with friends! A whole lot has happened since we went into lockdown, I'm working real hard at mending marital fences with my wife, been in Las Vegas since the end of May, sure is hot here in Las Vegas!!!
Never the less, a cup of joe is deff. the cure for what ails ya!

Paladin
07-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Hello Paladin!

I went camping with the kids in the wilderness, stayed up all night worried about bears. And the coffee was extra special now that I think about it.

OG did you know Mars will be closer than it has been in 5000 years on Aug 27? I will email to power point someone sent me to you.

Thanks Kathy. Wilderness, Bears, Kids, Martians...Cowboy Coffee!

HDR
07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
My aren't we all happy again. LOL

old Grump
07-22-2010, 08:16 PM
We got people back, we got coffee back and Kathy is going to be President some day, I'm going to go vote Chicago style me myself and 7 buddies who are no longer on this plane of existence. Well maybe 6 one says he will be busy voting for Jerry Brown in Los Angeles that day. :thumbspbig:

HDR
07-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Site seems to be running right well. :wavey:

ugly Finn
07-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Terve all, nice tattoo, lol. Designed three of them at this week, one for me and two for my wife :eek1:
Took my first one when gained 40 and it's ´bout time for a second one. Have always liked em but it's hard to invent something to bare rest of my life. It took 10 years to design the first one :)

Pete

HDR
07-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Terve Pete, it is hard to invent such a long term thing.

I was getting gas yesterday at a place where if you buy two packs of cigarettes you used to get a free lighter. Someone bought two packs and asked for a lighter and was told there is now a federal law that says that is illegal. No wonder the nation is falling apart when they have enough time to pass such important laws.

Paladin
07-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Good morning. Start of a new day after a sleepless night. Cold smoked bacon fried crisp. Early morning raid on the coop, 4 eggs scrambled. Toast burnt. Coffee very black.

Was a great breakfast. Now for a chew. Head up into the hills before daybreak.

See y'all later. Take care of each other...

kathy
07-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Good morning everyone.

Cowboy coffee sounds great, its how my granny used to make it.

President? LOL not in this life... I spoke to a small group of people at a town comittee last night and felt a definate chill. I have addressed a couple of very large groups at tea parties and a 2nd amendment rally and got a better reception. Political types dont seem to like me much. :help:

ugly Finn
07-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Terve HD, nice to know that you are still here. Wrote an email to ya about two months ago, guess it disappared to bit toilet ;)
Politicians have too much time if they quide the life of subservients with such a laws. Or all biggers issues have already taken care.

Pete

Janet
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Kathy, I will vote for you for prez, perfer hor tea,especialy in winter [not really a coffee drinker] Old grump got the good looks, sister #1 got brains, biker brother got the mechanical ability, Trucker brother got the long distance endurance, sister # 3 got the technical details about health, brother 4 doesnt get dizzy, I probably missed someone, and Old Grump is better with words and spells better, but I have a better personality, and a cuter nose lol. Good morning all. Have a great day, wont be here tomorrow, but will check in next week, no fighting while Im gone.....

HDR
07-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Terve HD, nice to know that you are still here. Wrote an email to ya about two months ago, guess it disappared to bit toilet ;)
Politicians have too much time if they quide the life of subservients with such a laws. Or all biggers issues have already taken care.

Pete

Pete, I never got it or I would have answered.

The politicians here spend too much and don't listen at all. People blame 0bama, however it takes the idiots in Congress keep voting to pass it. America needs to unstop the toilet so it can be flushed.

Kathy,
Political types will dislike you. They are the system that you are against.

kathy
07-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Hey Pete, glad you like the tattoo. How are things in your life?

Janet, thanks for the vote of confidence. I could never do it. I can barely muster the courage to do this small thing.

HDR yes... like minded people that are also running would like to undo the mess in our state and assert the 9th and 10th amendment. Hopefully some of us are successful. Door to door with fliers today. I have many nice ladies helping.

I have learned from my friends in the gun lobby here, there is no law prohibiting open carry. They push it and when they get arrested they pusue it in court and it gets dropped. I have learned alot about it. I am waiting to see if the NRA endorsed me. Filled the papers out a while ago. The liberty caucus endorsed me.

http://www.rlc.org/endorsed-candidates-2010/#9

TakeFive
07-24-2010, 09:45 AM
If you've been listening to Rush the last few days, you know about the "ruling class" in politics. It's a flaw in the Constitution that Federal laws intruding into commerce, in any way, are not strictly forbidden. That prohibition would have prevented all the pain the gov't and its bureaucrats have inflicted on every citizen in the country.

ugly Finn
07-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Kathy, things are quite ok. Not perfect but ok ;)

Pete

awp101
07-24-2010, 01:06 PM
What's up you lucky, lucky folks?

13 years ago today, Mrs awp101 acknowledged (in front of witnesses no less!) she was willing to put up with my shenanigans and eccentricities.

It's been interesting, heartbreaking and a lot more fun than I ever thought it could be...:lool:

awp101
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
En puhu suomea.:wiggle-butt:

Paladin
07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
En puhu suomea.:wiggle-butt:

I-kirjain ajaa ei jompikumpi.

Happy anniversary!

awp101
07-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Dang, now I gotta go back to the translator!:lool:

Thanks!

BTW, Puhuuko kukaan täällä englantia? Apua! :D

kathy
07-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Congradulations AWP! Lucky woman that Mrs AWP.

Pete perfect is over rated. Quite ok gives you something to look forward to..:bee:

Take five I like Rush most days, but I love listening to Mark Stein when he fills in.. he is so funny it makes me nearly crash sometimes laughing so hard.

My youngest leaves for BT in a couple of weeks, he chose the AF. A trip to Texas later this year, should be exciting.

ugly Finn
07-25-2010, 02:21 AM
Congratulation AWP, she have to be forbearing gal :) Your translator is having hard times if you try to translate eng-fin, fin ain't the most easy language.

Paladin, why letter "I" should drive at all?? :roflwithfeetcv2:

Kathy, I know but some uphills could be shorten

Pete

Paladin
07-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Paladin, why letter "I" should drive at all??
Pete

Honestly Pete, I don't know. I just plugged it into the translator and copy/pasted.

HDR
07-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Good morning everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGnZxcS7VKA

Fall out and fall in outside...

:laughingtohard:

Honestly Pete, I don't know. I just plugged it into the translator and copy/pasted.

After you do, plug it back in and see what it says.

Paladin
07-25-2010, 09:31 AM
After you do, plug it back in and see what it says.

Ohmagosh! It says I'm a short tempered asshole that doesn't shoot much!

ugly Finn
07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Did someone mentioned shooting?? 4th competition, on this summer, coming in two weeks, scoped rifle at this time. As a joke I'm planning use my M92S for that comp, against all bolties :D

Kielenä suomi on hankalahko muttei kuitenkaan mahdoton, meillä on rajaton määrä yhdysanoja.

Pete

awp101
07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Kielenä suomi on hankalahko muttei kuitenkaan mahdoton, meillä on rajaton määrä yhdysanoja.
Oh yeah? Well Mekka Lekka Hi Mekka Hiney Ho!:p

ugly Finn
07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Now you got it right!!! Btw, translators have serious problems with Finnish.

But anyway here's couple pics from our trip to Russian border, we were just on the other side of the small lake called Ylä-tyrjä http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/uglyfinn/Last%20frontier/

Pete

Janet
07-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Got rained out last night, home early, ready for Hot tea, cupcake and snuggle with Apple [my puppy] oops, I slept in so late its lunch time lol

old Grump
07-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Finally stopped raining, as soon as the fog lifted a little at 0700 my old navy buddy and I were out celebrating the no rain no wind decent shooting light with everything from Gamo Air rifle to 10 gauge. And a good time was had by all, especially the old guy with the beard watching another old man miss a gopher target with a scoped 20 gauge shotgun at 25 yards. He did much better with the 10 gauge. Going to hate it when he goes home.

63DH8
07-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Now you got it right!!! Btw, translators have serious problems with Finnish.

But anyway here's couple pics from our trip to Russian border, we were just on the other side of the small lake called Ylä-tyrjä http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/uglyfinn/Last%20frontier/

Pete

Pete! That looks like my neck of the woods! http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=88&stc=1&d=1280123298

swampdragon
07-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Been up since 0500 watching it rain and wondering why am I up and why haven't I made coffee yet. Got into the Mars Rover site and been immersing myself since I haven't looked at it since last fall.

When my computer went down last time that was one of my bookmarks and I checked it every day but I forgot to put it back on. Swampy is right, I got that memo....something or another loss thing.

Hey HDR, after you hunt down Swampy what you gonna do to him? From what I hear you are to weak and feeble to shoot him, he's to ugly to kiss and I doubt he would taste good in a stew or a pie.

Are you out free and clear now btcave? Doing okay I hope.

Need a little campout time in the Desert Dawg? Nothing like going to sleep a couple of hours before sun-up after watching the stars move from one horizon to the other all night then starting the day with a pot of camp coffee. Awful stuff but sure hits the spot when its still pre-dawn cold and you are trying to pry your eyes open.

HDR is not gonna hunt me down.
I'd spot his hoveround wheelchair comin' from miles away.
:bigsmilebounce:

63DH8
07-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Good morning all! Click ==>here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU)<== to get your daily motivation!

Janet
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Awesome motivational song and pictures, Good morning all, just have enough time for some tea and a fried egg sandwhich, moving beds, Dr apointment, shopping, all them monday mornig things to do, gotta buy a new phone today. Mine got drowned in a flash downpour saturday evening [ it was in my pocket] so I will spend the rest of the evening re- collecting phone numbers and figureing out to put them into new phone....................Have a good day Ya'll...........................................

Paladin
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Pete

Difficult yes, impossible no. The Finnish peoples have always been the linguistic pragmatists...

kathy
07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Good morning all! Click ==>here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU)<== to get your daily motivation!

Nice...

:thumbspbig:

Paladin
07-26-2010, 10:43 PM

Motivated, you bet. Makes me hungry for a some flying pig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAh9UxHkPnE&feature=related

63DH8
07-27-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm hoping to have the opportunity to replace my front brake rotors tomorrow. The front end of my truck shudders when I apply the brakes. I hope this takes care of the problem!

ugly Finn
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
63, you also have frontier guards and hidden sensors around? :lol2:
Found 2 motion detectors and 1 sound detector, after a minute or so guard came and told me to fuck off, lol
But didn't met a single russian guard

Pete

63DH8
07-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Awesome motivational song and pictures, Good morning all, just have enough time for some tea and a fried egg sandwhich, moving beds, Dr apointment, shopping, all them monday mornig things to do, gotta buy a new phone today. Mine got drowned in a flash downpour saturday evening [ it was in my pocket] so I will spend the rest of the evening re- collecting phone numbers and figureing out to put them into new phone....................Have a good day Ya'll...........................................

Yeah, I like that video clip too! :) It really gets the blood flowing!:thumbsup: Almost as good as coffee! :coffee:

It's nice this morning. Not too cool, and not hot at all. Blue skies, light breeze, highs are predicted in the low 80s. I'm off to replace my brake rotors, then if nothing else is going on, mow my yard. IF there's enough time, I'm going to design and build my smoker/BBQer. My old one is worn out. I really liked the design of the old one, but it had some shortcomings.

HDR
07-27-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm hoping to have the opportunity to replace my front brake rotors tomorrow. The front end of my truck shudders when I apply the brakes. I hope this takes care of the problem!

I did mine this weekend. It gave me a chance to enjoy the unseasonable heat and humidity.

old Grump
07-27-2010, 07:58 PM
First day it hasn't rained in the last 2 weeks that I didn't get out and shoot. Instead went out in 88 degree heat and 88% humidity and weeded turnips, put cages around tomatoes and harvested some turnips and onions for supper. nearly passed out and had to go back inside after 30 minutes. Dang, talk about feeling old. Then had to go to the bank to cash a check and found out I was over drawn by $26. Surprised me, shocked them, I haven't been overdrawn in nearly 20 years. I think tomorrow I'll concentrate on shooting instead.

Nah, I'll pull more weeds. All the rain we have had things really got away from me. If nothing else I will have tomatoes, squash and sweet corn in a little bit, some tomatoes are nearly ready and I have had to prune and toss about a third of them away because they were so heavy they were breaking down the vines. Wish I had more problems like that. I'm afraid to go look at my grapes, it looks like a jungle on that trellis. I have pruned the vines twice and I still have vines sticking 6' into the lawn. Even my sorghum is over 7' tall and still growing. Sure a lot different after the last few years of garden flops and crashes. .

63DH8
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
I talked to Gary for a few minutes. He said he'll swing on by when he gets a few minutes.

I never did get my front brake rotors replaced today. Me-thinks I have too many irons in the fire. I'm helping to take care of two feral kids. They're runaways who decided they didn't want any part of their crack dealing parent's lives. They don't want any Government aide or do much more than support themselves somehow. They're doing what they can to make their rent, food, and clothes, sort of breaking laws or compromising their morals. The girl wants to go back to school to get her High School diploma, then go on to College. The boy wants to support her while she's in school. I've been trying to find something in the two local school districts that will allow them to pay their rent, buy food, et al, while she attends school. The type of work the boy does doesn't pay well enough to pay for rent, food, clothing, and medical care for the two of them while the girl is in school.

63DH8
07-28-2010, 12:19 AM
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=98&d=1280294037
I would like to find one of these with the Cummins turbo diesel and four wheel drive that's been in an accident or a rollover, remove the body, and stuff everything under the body of one of these:
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=99&d=1280294037 :crazy:

swampdragon
07-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Motivated, you bet. Makes me hungry for a some flying pig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAh9UxHkPnE&feature=related

Wow.
I used to watch that show all the time.
I forgot all about it!
lol....

Paladin
07-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Wow.
I used to watch that show all the time.
I forgot all about it!
lol....

Yeah great show. On this clip you see a UH1H pig to start. At 23sec it turns into an OH 58 Kiowa in it's warrior configuration with Hydra-70 rocket pods. Them back to a pig...

swampdragon
07-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Yeah great show. On this clip you see a UH1H pig to start. At 23sec it turns into an OH 58 Kiowa in it's warrior configuration with Hydra-70 rocket pods. Them back to a pig...

Yeah. The show had some inaccuracies just like everything on TV. But I used to watch it faithfully anyways.
Hell man, you inspired me to start a thread about it.
If I find it on DVD, I just may buy it...lol.

Paladin
07-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Yeah. The show had some inaccuracies just like everything on TV. But I used to watch it faithfully anyways.
Hell man, you inspired me to start a thread about it.
If I find it on DVD, I just may buy it...lol.

Knock yourself out. http://www.amazon.com/Tour-Duty-Complete-Terence-Knox/dp/B000BMY2M4

kathy
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I talked to Gary for a few minutes. He said he'll swing on by when he gets a few minutes.

I never did get my front brake rotors replaced today. Me-thinks I have too many irons in the fire. I'm helping to take care of two feral kids. They're runaways who decided they didn't want any part of their crack dealing parent's lives. They don't want any Government aide or do much more than support themselves somehow. They're doing what they can to make their rent, food, and clothes, sort of breaking laws or compromising their morals. The girl wants to go back to school to get her High School diploma, then go on to College. The boy wants to support her while she's in school. I've been trying to find something in the two local school districts that will allow them to pay their rent, buy food, et al, while she attends school. The type of work the boy does doesn't pay well enough to pay for rent, food, clothing, and medical care for the two of them while the girl is in school.

You should talk to the HS guidance counselors. They usually know a way, maybe emancipation depending on how old the kids are and possible help with food and housing.

Good luck, you should open a youth shelter. I think you would be good at helping the young ins.

rice paddy daddy
07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Hello. Good to see ya'll again.

kathy
07-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Hello. Good to see ya'll again.

Hey!!! How are you doing?!

Good to see you too.

63DH8
07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Howdy all! Kathy, I would open one if I had the room. That's an idea for when I get that land. It's going to have to be at least 100 acres. I have to have land to teach these kids responsibilities!

kathy
07-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes, and room to roam. But I am sure even without all of that they appreciate any help and guidance you can give them. God Bless you.

HDR
07-30-2010, 05:27 AM

Isn't the new camouflage absolutely excellent?

rice paddy daddy
07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey!!! How are you doing?!

Good to see you too.
Since we last spoke, I went completely blind in my shootin eye from a badly detatched retina. The surgeon was able to restore most of my sight, but I still have to learn to shoot right handed.
And the wife had to have total replacement of both her knees.
Gettin old ain't fer sissies! But it beats the alternative, if ya know what I mean.
Great to be alive. Great to be among friends.

63DH8
07-30-2010, 12:54 PM
ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND:

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

My name is Jim. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Terri. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Terri to get a full-time job along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work.

Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door. She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner.

I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.
;
Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half-finished mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while.. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Terri. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy.. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older.. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

Thoughtfully,
Jim

See attached note in red:

EDITOR'S NOTE:
Jim died suddenly on February 7 of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra-long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby. His wife Terri was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her defense that Jim, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.

Richard Simmons
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Howdy everyone!

ATAK, Inc.
07-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Way funny Allen!

I'll say hi again, guess I got missed the first time, posting in the middle of someones conversation.

HDR
07-30-2010, 03:58 PM
RPD, Richard and anyone I have missed, it is good to see everyone.

HDR
07-30-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=98&d=1280294037
I would like to find one of these with the Cummins turbo diesel and four wheel drive that's been in an accident or a rollover, remove the body, and stuff everything under the body of one of these:
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=99&d=1280294037 :crazy:

It could potentially (probably?) lack the frame rigidity to handle engine torque. It looks thin.

I know, I'm being a black cloud again.. lol

awp101
07-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Box the frame...

kathy
07-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Since we last spoke, I went completely blind in my shootin eye from a badly detatched retina. The surgeon was able to restore most of my sight, but I still have to learn to shoot right handed.
And the wife had to have total replacement of both her knees.
Gettin old ain't fer sissies! But it beats the alternative, if ya know what I mean.
Great to be alive. Great to be among friends.

Thats too bad, but at least you have a good eye! My mother in law got new knees, she loves them...its amazing what they can do to fix us up.

Yes Great to be both alive and back among friends. So glad the site is back up and you all came back.

63DH8
07-31-2010, 02:56 AM
It could potentially (probably?) lack the frame rigidity to handle engine torque. It looks thin.

I know, I'm being a black cloud again.. lol

I was thinking of putting the old truck's body onto the newer truck's chassis. I'd like to keep the air conditioner and heater too. The rest, make it look old school.

63DH8
07-31-2010, 03:01 AM
Way funny Allen!

I'll say hi again, guess I got missed the first time, posting in the middle of someones conversation.

Hey Tom! Sorry I missed you. Question: How far is Plummer, Idaho from you?

ATAK, Inc.
07-31-2010, 03:34 AM
Hey Tom! Sorry I missed you. Question: How far is Plummer, Idaho from you?

Plummer is about 50+ miles north of me, except that I'm in Las Vegas right now which makes id 1,110 miles north of me.:lol:

63DH8
07-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Plummer is about 50+ miles north of me, except that I'm in Las Vegas right now which makes id 1,110 miles north of me.:lol:

You still have your property?

ATAK, Inc.
07-31-2010, 05:34 PM
You still have your property?

Yeah, just spent the summer in Las Vegas, working on mending marital fences. Lots of broken sections got fixed, got some more to go!
Got a long story to tell you about my son, may just start a seperate thread about that.
Anyway, I'll be back up there on the 25th of August. Are you looking at some land near Plummer?

BTW, Las Vegas is still friggin hot in the summer :thud::evil-bbq::firedevil::swear:

HDR
08-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I have to have land to teach these kids responsibilities!

That translates loosely as work them in the fields..

lol ;)

Speaking of the kids, how are they doing?

AFA grandson, his grades are excellent. As we've met in person, he is built the same as me except a couple inches shorter and as a result of weight training for football he is stockier.

btcave
08-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Cool cloudy morning here in Oregon. There is a deer feeding in the orchard while I watch from the window with my morning coffee.

The daughter (20 yrs old) is moving out this week, so Heather(mom) is feeling old and depressed about entering the post raising kid years. I feel I have to think of something to brighten her days some while she gets used to the new way of life. She is being unusually irritable lately.

I have weekend drill in two weeks for the first time since returning from Iraq back in April. My retirement paperwork supposedly was getting processed in July, so I will hopefully be able to leave the military and move on soon.

Hope everyone is doing well. Glad the Guns Network is up and running. Good to see all the old friends. I think it's time do go to Home Depot today and get busy on some of the projects around the house. Take care all.

63DH8
08-01-2010, 11:12 AM
That translates loosely as work them in the fields..

lol ;)

Speaking of the kids, how are they doing?

AFA grandson, his grades are excellent. As we've met in person, he is built the same as me except a couple inches shorter and as a result of weight training for football he is stockier.

My girls are doing great. Lil one is getting her transfer degree early. That's a BIG change from when she was in High School! She's going to be going to Japan afterwards. I think she's going to stay here for the full two years though; She can't start at the University in Japan early, so she's going to get a few more electives here while she's waiting to go.

Liz decided to buy into gold for shits and giggles. She said there wasn't enough excitement in the other stocks she picked. They were too predictable, as far as she was concerned. When gold went up, she would text me saying it was a good day at the office. When it went down, she would say it was a bad day at the office. Twice, she almost lost everything. She had to supplement what she held with extra cash because it dropped too far in value.

Myself, I'm still looking for land. I came across this one in Idaho:
Plummer Idaho (http://home.myspokanehomesearch.com/homes/8396179/ID/Plummer/0085-Sanders-Rd-83851/?index=7) It give the advantage of living in a firearms friendly state, to include class III. However, I'm still leaning towards the ones north of Spokane. I'll see when the site posts pictures of the property.

If I win the lottery, I'd buy this one! http://home.myspokanehomesearch.com/homes/4666119/WA/Newport/0-Deeter-99156/?index=9

HDR, it also means fencelines, shoveling shit, helping with the butchering of the animals, and every thing else that keeps a farm working. A sense of responsibility is only the foundation to succeeding in life. :D

ATAK, Inc.
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Cool cloudy morning here in Oregon. There is a deer feeding in the orchard while I watch from the window with my morning coffee.

The daughter (20 yrs old) is moving out this week, so Heather(mom) is feeling old and depressed about entering the post raising kid years. I feel I have to think of something to brighten her days some while she gets used to the new way of life. She is being unusually irritable lately.

I have weekend drill in two weeks for the first time since returning from Iraq back in April. My retirement paperwork supposedly was getting processed in July, so I will hopefully be able to leave the military and move on soon.

Hope everyone is doing well. Glad the Guns Network is up and running. Good to see all the old friends. I think it's time do go to Home Depot today and get busy on some of the projects around the house. Take care all.

Hi Btcave! Something that might cheer her up is throw her a surprise party, with a stripper, maybe a real cute red head!!! j/k
Really, need to find her a new focus, even if it is short term! Volunteering with kids... The possibilities are pretty broad!

Hope the retirement goes well, a big congrats to that! Where in Oregon are you at? I gotta see when the next "Boom-Shoot" is, haven't done one yet, but heard they are great, and a buddy of mine is a range master there (Lapwai, Idaho, near Lewiston).

HDR
08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
My girls are doing great. Lil one is getting her transfer degree early. That's a BIG change from when she was in High School! She's going to be going to Japan afterwards. I think she's going to stay here for the full two years though; She can't start at the University in Japan early, so she's going to get a few more electives here while she's waiting to go.

That is really neat.

Liz decided to buy into gold for shits and giggles. She said there wasn't enough excitement in the other stocks she picked. They were too predictable, as far as she was concerned. When gold went up, she would text me saying it was a good day at the office. When it went down, she would say it was a bad day at the office. Twice, she almost lost everything. She had to supplement what she held with extra cash because it dropped too far in value.

Sometimes I'll listen to a finance type talk radio show when I am driving; his comment was gold has been good for the people selling it on TV.

Plummer Idaho (http://home.myspokanehomesearch.com/homes/8396179/ID/Plummer/0085-Sanders-Rd-83851/?index=7) It give the advantage of living in a firearms friendly state, to include class III. However, I'm still leaning towards the ones north of Spokane. I'll see when the site posts pictures of the property.

If I win the lottery, I'd buy this one! http://home.myspokanehomesearch.com/homes/4666119/WA/Newport/0-Deeter-99156/?index=9

Nice places. I've gotten too lazy for being way out there.. I am surrounded by acres of forest; yet I can hit the interstate for stores in 11 miles one way. ;)

HDR, it also means fencelines, shoveling shit, helping with the butchering of the animals, and every thing else that keeps a farm working. A sense of responsibility is only the foundation to succeeding in life. :D

No fencelines here because they are too easy to jump on a steep hill. LOL.

Even worse than shoveling shit is when you have to dump it in a rain barrel. When I was a kid one of the nastiest chores I had was scrapping chicken shit and dumping it into a rain barrel. As it is high in nitrogen we'd make a circle around plants with the liquid. No matter how hard I try when I'd add the chicken waste it would always bring out the smell. If that wasn't bad enough, it needed stirred occasionally.
In the summer, that rain barrel was ripe. Pigs are right rough also, LOL. I just realized locating these aromas as far away as possible might be why one good reason a lot of land is needed to have farm animals.. :lool:

True, a foundation is the key to succeeding in life and it seems so few people have one today.

btcave
08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Btcave! Something that might cheer her up is throw her a surprise party, with a stripper, maybe a real cute red head!!! j/k
Really, need to find her a new focus, even if it is short term! Volunteering with kids... The possibilities are pretty broad!

Hope the retirement goes well, a big congrats to that! Where in Oregon are you at? I gotta see when the next "Boom-Shoot" is, haven't done one yet, but heard they are great, and a buddy of mine is a range master there (Lapwai, Idaho, near Lewiston).

Hey ATAK. I'm west of Portland in a tiny town called Gaston, pop. 620. I have a buddy out in Lostine near Wallowa Lake/La Grande that I go visit sometimes to shoot. He does the Black Powder shoots in Troy regularly. Not much further to Lapwai. What is the Boom-Shoot?

63DH8
08-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Here's two pictures for HDR and Pete. The first one is up the hill from me. It's actually just over the summit going to Eastern Washington. The second picture is an inlet to a small river an equal distance from me. The inlet is salt water leading to the Hood Canal, that's in the western part of the Puget Sound.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=133
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=135

HDR
08-02-2010, 05:18 AM
That is pretty country, it is easy to see why you want to move there..

ATAK, Inc.
08-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Hey ATAK. I'm west of Portland in a tiny town called Gaston, pop. 620. I have a buddy out in Lostine near Wallowa Lake/La Grande that I go visit sometimes to shoot. He does the Black Powder shoots in Troy regularly. Not much further to Lapwai. What is the Boom-Shoot?

I'd need to look up the specifics again, but it is an accuracy competition, from 100 yds to over 500 yds, with lots of tannerite!

Actually, I was thinking of the wrong range, but Orofino is just down the road. Here is the link to the annual shoot!

http://www.boomershoot.org/

ATAK, Inc.
08-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Glad to see the girls are doing so well! Something to be very proud of and speaks volumes about you!

Plummer, like the rest of northern Idaho, is beautiful, and I love the conservative mindset up here! The per acre price is not too bad and I would be more than happy to come help you build a range on it!!!:)

Janet
08-02-2010, 10:19 AM
coffe for me today, anyone got a biscuit? long hot weekend in a parking lot and no time to rest. Job starts today again, but we are on grass this week. [ makes a big difference] I fell [tripped over kids] every day, got the skinned elbows and hips as proof, so grass is better when you entertain children at a carnival, wether it is running a game or a ride. Old Grump, are you still working in the garden? Pauls garden is almost done except corn and tomatoes and sunflowers. beets didnt come up radishes were early, onions are good, cukes were sparse this year, snap peas were great and will be increased next year........Kathy how busy are you be-ing these days? Summers nights are already cooling down some here. time to go to work again, at least this week I can sleep at home!! lol

old Grump
08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Peas were already done by the time funeral was over and company gone but eating turnips and onions, will have sweet corn and squash.

First time in a long time got out and did some shooting this morning. Wind was bad but kept the bugs away. Still managed to swallow something when I was walking back from the target stand and I opened my mouth to answer a question.

Mowed yesterday and it looks like a hayfield, a baler should have followed me. Neighbor no sooner gets the bales off his field and its almost time for him to mow again. He has to do it in a hurry because in between we get so much rain that hings are getting away from us.

A tree on the DNR side of the fence came down yesterday across my fence...again. Why don't they ever fall in the other direction and why don't they ever come out to clean up the mess and fix my fence.

Kathy, any word from the NRA on your candidacy or are they going to let your race go unrated.

63DH8
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
HDR, that's the area I live now. I'm not too keen on how thick the underbrush is. The area I want to move to is similar, but with less underbrush. From what I remember about your neck of the woods, the area I want to move to looks more like your area. Here, you can't tell if the noise on the other side of the brush is a bear or big foot. There, you can see through the trees if there's a squad maneuvering on your position. The trees are still as thick, but isn't as much underbrush.

HDR
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
63D
Rog, with your yearly rainfall the forests will be thick. Here it varies. To my west it is open forest and to my east very thick underbrush with plenty of poison oak. Both sides are steep, minimum slope is probably 50 degrees.

kathy
08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Janet I hope your ok, ouch.

Big news, the CT Grassroots Alliance made myself and a friend who is a Former Marine the Veteran and Military affairs leaders. Its an honor, hope I can live up to it. My first project is following up on helping to make sure all deployed CT Military get absentee ballots if the want them. I would be honored if you all would be my expert advisers.

I also now have a campaign manager. She rules and I am very lucky she said yes.

Also cooled down a brewing altercation at the weekly tea party, a of couple young kids came and mildly sturred up controversy. People were a little hostile to them because we have had trouble almost weekly, but these were kids were ok. I gave them constitutions. LOL

They just disagreed and wanted to express themselves. I talked to them for a long time, a retired Marine who used to also be a teacher joined us. We all had a long productive cordial conversation. The retired Marine had a compainion dog he was training.

Anyway, if nothing else I am really making alot of friends.:bee:

old Grump
08-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Your kids got a civics lesson, always a good thing, hopefully your group got a lesson in tolerance, an even better thing. Now here is hoping your new friends get to the polls and drag a couple of friends along with them. Right thinking friends that is.

63DH8
08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
63D
Rog, with your yearly rainfall the forests will be thick. Here it varies. To my west it is open forest and to my east very thick underbrush with plenty of poison oak. Both sides are steep, minimum slope is probably 50 degrees.

One of the places I looked at had steep cliffs with a road that leads to the top. The only other way up is by helo. I think I'd like at least one more way out. Nice thing about poison oak and blackberry bushes are they're nature's chemical warfare specialists and nature's Constantina wire! They have a way of making people regret entering the area.

Finally got the rotors replaced on the truck. It stops without shuddering and bucking now. I discovered why it complained about it's rotors; One of them was visually cracked and looks like it was mounted in the brakelathe incorrectly when it was last turned. There was no need for a runout gauge to see how bad it was!

I'm off to take Liz to school. Yalls take care! :coffee:

awp101
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Not the most uplifting story but it does have interesting information:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_ptsd_military_dogs;_ylt=AnKLijrY5rRIhLQeJOdewsn 9xg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNhOGkzY3RzBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwODA zL3VzX3B0c2RfbWlsaXRhcnlfZG9ncwRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wd WxhcgRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHN sawNtaWxpdGFyeWRvZ2M

Janet
08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
spent the morning with Adrian,errands, shopping etc. bought him a new trak phone for his birthday [last month], he wore the numbers off the old one [ five years old], had lunch too, told him about my last three week ends, he and Paul laughed at me alot, He said no-thanks when asked if he wanted to hire on and help next weekend lol. Apple wants to play with neighbor puppy real bad, he wears out auls dog rather quick in this heat and humidity................Old Grump say Hi to Ma and siblings for me...

kathy
08-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow AWP poor dogs, I hope they can find a treatment.

I will try to keep up with all of you, getting tough to get here. Dont forget me Im still here. Rally along the main road lots of honks and thumbs up.

63DH8
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Not the most uplifting story but it does have interesting information:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_ptsd_military_dogs;_ylt=AnKLijrY5rRIhLQeJOdewsn 9xg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNhOGkzY3RzBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwODA zL3VzX3B0c2RfbWlsaXRhcnlfZG9ncwRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wd WxhcgRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHN sawNtaWxpdGFyeWRvZ2M

The local military newspaper had an article saying Ft Lewis is treating those dogs by allowing the handlers take them home. The homelife seems to help the dogs. The neighbors seem to understand the dogs are heros for saving the troops and civilians' lives, and treat them as such.

HDR
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
One of the places I looked at had steep cliffs with a road that leads to the top. The only other way up is by helo. I think I'd like at least one more way out. Nice thing about poison oak and blackberry bushes are they're nature's chemical warfare specialists and nature's Constantina wire! They have a way of making people regret entering the area.

Finally got the rotors replaced on the truck. It stops without shuddering and bucking now. I discovered why it complained about it's rotors; One of them was visually cracked and looks like it was mounted in the brakelathe incorrectly when it was last turned. There was no need for a runout gauge to see how bad it was!

I'm off to take Liz to school. Yalls take care! :coffee:

I have something similar; very steep slopes. It wasn't fun when a wet spring decided to surface in the road. About 40-60 feet of road became deep mud. That is when people learned tires make the AWD or 4WD. LOL
You got the idea; the poison oak and the blackberries are get convincers. As the blackberries make a delicious cobbler they are preferred to the poison oak, lol.

One of those deals where you know what they did wrong but you can't prove it. Been there myself; under warranty a dealer did some work and the hot wire's connector at the starter snapped off. Wire connectors just don't snap like that. Their bill not mine.

I did mine a couple of weeks ago. As they can't be turned they are sort of unique; OTOH, they lasted 107K. Volvo does it differently but they do get it done. Until 107K all I have needed to do was replace a few light bulbs.

In the last few weeks I've had a bear in the yard and a young coyote running on the road. Puppy did well convincing Mr. Bear to didi.

How is school going for Liz? I already guessed excellent.

63DH8
08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
In the last few weeks I've had a bear in the yard and a young coyote running on the road. Puppy did well convincing Mr. Bear to didi.

How is school going for Liz? I already guessed excellent.

In regards to that coyote, think the neighbors would be in an uproar over having one taxidermied like this?

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=154&stc=1&d=1281047222

Liz got into with her economics prof last week. He said it was impossible to invest $1,000.00 and end up with over half a mil five years. He said she'll get an "A" and not have to attend class for the rest of the semester if she can prove him wrong. Liz brought her stock history portfolio to class this week and proved him wrong. Liz is taking an early summer vacation. She has over $600,000 worth of proof. :laughingtohard:

old Grump
08-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Liz got into with her economics prof last week. He said it was impossible to invest $1,000.00 and end up with over half a mil five years. He said she'll get an "A" and not have to attend class for the rest of the semester if she can prove him wrong. Liz brought her stock history portfolio to class this week and proved him wrong. Liz is taking an early summer vacation. She has over $600,000 worth of proof.

By Jove, you have a keeper. :thumbspbig:

ATAK, Inc.
08-05-2010, 07:05 PM
In regards to that coyote, think the neighbors would be in an uproar over having one taxidermied like this?

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=154&stc=1&d=1281047222

Liz got into with her economics prof last week. He said it was impossible to invest $1,000.00 and end up with over half a mil five years. He said she'll get an "A" and not have to attend class for the rest of the semester if she can prove him wrong. Liz brought her stock history portfolio to class this week and proved him wrong. Liz is taking an early summer vacation. She has over $600,000 worth of proof. :laughingtohard:

That is hilarious but not surprising with everything else you have told us about Liz! Good job Dad!

awp101
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
:lool: If only had I grand laying around here...:11doh:

HDR
08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Hey gals and guys

click these:
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/25983

http://www.examiner.com/x-37620-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d31-Explosive-new-evidence-shows-ruling-of-AZ-judge-illegal

Ther are certainly worth sharing with friends all over the web.. lol

HDR
08-06-2010, 03:31 PM

I didn't want to scare the dog. lol

That is choice; ask Liz if BBQ professor was good? :lool:

kathy
08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Kathy, any word from the NRA on your candidacy or are they going to let your race go unrated.

I requested the form and filled it out weeks ago, no word yet. The CCDL here is going to endorse candidates, they support me.

If I had one K to give Liz to invest Id do it! Would she manage it for me if I scrape it together?

old Grump
08-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Just did a quick read on CCDL and Scott Wilson. Looks like a nice organization, I hope he grows his little group into a huge group and that there are people in your district who pay attention to what they have to say.

awp101
08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't recall if I ran across this website and posted it before the downtime or not so here it is again.

http://www.planeaday.com/

Here's today pic:
http://www.planeaday.com/images/2010/Aug/Convair%20XP-81,%20080225-F-1234S-005.jpg

63DH8
08-07-2010, 02:59 PM
AWP, Liz said to buy silver whenever you get a few extra bucks. There's only a limited amount, and almost every industry needs it. It costs a whole lot less than gold, so it's easier to double in worth. She said to make sure it's metal in hand, not on paper. That way, at the very worse, you can get the price per ounce if things go bad. At the moment, silver is at $18.50 and ounce. http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html Liz said she feels it's going to go up in the long run due to India and China's industries growth.

btw... Liz has also predicted that the US will see the competition overseas and US business will rise to take a piece of that pie if the Government keeps it's fingers out of US business's business.

HDR, when Liz's professor told her she got her A, and doesn't have to go to class for the rest of the semester, she licked a finger and touched her butt, and made a hissing sound to indicate she's HOT! She said victory tastes good! :D

awp101
08-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I didn't realize silver was back. Last time I paid attention to silver was when the Bass brothers in over in Ft Worth almost killed the market by trying to corner it.

Tel her "Thanks!" for me and I'll keep an eye out for some.

HDR
08-07-2010, 07:56 PM
HDR, when Liz's professor told her she got her A, and doesn't have to go to class for the rest of the semester, she licked a finger and touched her butt, and made a hissing sound to indicate she's HOT! She said victory tastes good! :D

As she is your daughter she probably set him up for it.

:shss: :laugh:

As walking on a metal roof isn't wise; I was up on a ladder cleaning gutters today. I bought a 24' ladder so I could clean the gutters. I also bought a camera. So I did my economic stimulus for the next two months. LOL

63DH8
08-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Murphy (Murphy's law) sure seems to love me! So far, it was my fireworks catching my yard and the back of my truck on fire. Then my riding mower catches my yard, my mom's yard, and a friend's yard on fire. Then it throws belts. I go to replace my front brake rotors, but I was given the wrong ones not once, but twice! Now my kitchen faucet leaks. While working on that, the garbage disposal craps out on me! What's next?

awp101
08-08-2010, 10:17 AM
63D, the answer to "what's next?" is NEVER good! I finally just quit asking when things started getting really deep around here...:think::duh::think2:

HDR
08-08-2010, 10:24 AM
It is time to shoot all the gremlins in your house. :think:

63DH8
08-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I woke up to discover the fittings to the shutoff valve and the faucets were cross threaded. Spent most of this morning mopping.

HDR, Liz LOVES to set situations up! She feels, when she does set up a Rube Goldburg of events, people truly appreciate her intelligence! :wow::runforhills::wtf::laughingtohard:

63DH8
08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
It is time to shoot all the gremlins in your house. :think:

Came close to shooting the plumbing this morning, but was afraid I'd only create more work for myself.:coffee:

kathy
08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Just did a quick read on CCDL and Scott Wilson. Looks like a nice organization, I hope he grows his little group into a huge group and that there are people in your district who pay attention to what they have to say.

Yes, they are awesome, they support my efforts and I get to many of the events they do.Today I went to a VFW/Gun Club Pig Roast and I am joining the gun club there, very reasonable.

kathy
08-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Came close to shooting the plumbing this morning, but was afraid I'd only create more work for myself.:coffee:

Good thinking, I am guessing Liz stopped you...LOL

HDR
08-08-2010, 05:04 PM

I know what you mean; although I can do it, I hate plumbing LOL

63DH8
08-09-2010, 04:46 AM
I think I got up before Murphy this morning. The leak was a crossthreaded connection that went on perfectly, I got two line extensions for the faucets that went on with no problem, and the new garbage disposal went on with no problem. I even got a pump soap dispenser installed with very little effort! I'm beginning to think plumbers are worth their money. However, I can't bring myself to pay that kind of bucks when I can do it myself!

old Grump
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Amen to that, I was supposed to be the facility electrician and electronic tech but when the plumbing went bad they looked at me because I didn't have to go back twice to fix it. I made damn sure it was right the first time because I didn't like doing it the first time and no way I wanted to revisit the scene.

My father in law had a saying he used all the time. They never call us unless it is to hot, to cold to dark or wet. Working in cold dark wet spaces or hot wet dark places was just the normal routine everyday working environment for us. Then the white collar boys and girls sitting at their clean, well lit, air conditioned, humidity controlled desk wondered why us (janitors???) got paid more than they did.

Had to completely replumb two houses I lived in, one a rental and one I owned...never again. SSI disability check or not, the plumber gets called and he lays on the ground looking up at the drip not me. Worth every penny for me not to have to get down on the ground.

awp101
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
My father in law had a saying he used all the time. They never call us unless it is to hot, to cold to dark or wet.
I can identify...:lool: I used to do in home service and after six and a half years, I changed jobs. I took a pay cut to do the same thing I was already doing. The difference? I didn't have to walk into anyone's damn home.

I got a lot of "WTH?" from the guys I work with now but as I told them, no one ever called us when things were hunky dory....

old Grump
08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Home service was a sometime thing as a sideline. Mine was industrial, manufacturing plants, hospitals and office buildings. But you are right, if everything was fine they had no need of us and wanted our scruffy bodies and stained knees away from their area. Once things got dark or hot or smoky or wet then all of a sudden we was the bestest buddies they ever had.

Hey Kathy, I know you are probably pretty busy right now but I have to ask. Is the primary results on Tuesday going to have any bearing on your race? Do you have any major allies in the state senate or are you still the outsider trying to usurp a 15 year regular that they all know.

And how in the dickens did such a leetle bitty state end up with 151 districts? Gotta be a riot in the capitol lunch room at break time. :biggrina:

63DH8
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I know what you mean; although I can do it, I hate plumbing LOL

You know something? I got the impression that it would have been easier to remove the sink to replace the faucets and the garbage disposal. That way, I could get the sawzall in to cut everything off the sink. :gruebel::crazy::smiley08::crying_small::swear::du h::pissed::crybaby::crazy:

HDR
08-10-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm beginning to think plumbers are worth their money. However, I can't bring myself to pay that kind of bucks when I can do it myself!

I know they are worth it; however I can't bring myself to pay the going rate. lol.

Nah, when you remove the sink; all that needs to come apart. Plumbing's name is Major Dislike.

63DH8
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I know they are worth it; however I can't bring myself to pay the going rate. lol.

Nah, when you remove the sink; all that needs to come apart. Plumbing's name is Major Dislike.

I figured, all I had to do is get the sink high enough for me to get my Sawzall's blade onto the nuts that holds the faucet to the sink. Uhhhh.... You know something? :gruebel: Realization is a BITCH! If I could get it that high, I could also get my wrenches on those nuts! :crazy: Yeah, you're right about it's name. I like that! :D

awp101
08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I figured, all I had to do is get the sink high enough for me to get my Sawzall's blade onto the nuts that holds the faucet to the sink. Uhhhh.... You know something? :gruebel: Realization is a BITCH! If I could get it that high, I could also get my wrenches on those nuts! :crazy:
:lool:

Anyone here use photobucket? Someone on another forum mentioned an effect called "blueprint effect" under the editing options. Pretty cool! I played with it and came up with these two pics:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/awp101_2009/d58b9233-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/awp101_2009/e287f0db-1.jpg

HDR
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I figured, all I had to do is get the sink high enough for me to get my Sawzall's blade onto the nuts that holds the faucet to the sink. Uhhhh.... You know something? :gruebel: Realization is a BITCH! If I could get it that high, I could also get my wrenches on those nuts! :crazy: Yeah, you're right about it's name. I like that! :D

Cut the lines then everything comes up.. ;)

Looks as if tomorrow is a two package stop; new phone and camera are here. lol.

AWP,
That is pretty neat.

You might enjoy a program called Gimp; it edits photos and has a lot of effects. It is pretty good and also free.

aliceinchains
08-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I have a pro photo bucket account but ain't messed with the blueprint. I deal with that every day at work. Hey here is a drawing from the 70's. The drawing is out of date along with all of the weld codes.

Just build it along with all the UT joints. You won't make any more than you did last year just more bull shit. Now if you work for the government or a teacher than you get a big raise.

F the guy who has to physically work. He don't get shit just what the fuck the president in office ordered.

awp101
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0cnXYhlBk1k/TC_3nD0umfI/AAAAAAAAD2Y/4gz---4E03k/s1600/can%27t+see+shit+captain.jpg

63DH8
08-12-2010, 01:52 AM

Anyone here use photobucket? Someone on another forum mentioned an effect called "blueprint effect" under the editing options. Pretty cool! I played with it and came up with these two pics:

Looks cool! I can see it being used in a presentation.

63DH8
08-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Cut the lines then everything comes up.. ;)

That was the original thought behind lifting the sink, but then I figured, if I could lift the sink, I could get my wrenches on the faucet, but then I would still have to cut.... Damn it! Realization made me outthink myself!:11doh::conf44::losing-it::crying_small::crazy::coffee:

63DH8
08-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Home service was a sometime thing as a sideline. Mine was industrial, manufacturing plants, hospitals and office buildings. But you are right, if everything was fine they had no need of us and wanted our scruffy bodies and stained knees away from their area. Once things got dark or hot or smoky or wet then all of a sudden we was the bestest buddies they ever had.

I REFUSE to work with/for the public at all costs! Some people are so stupid and ungrateful that they shouldn't have the Right to live!

kathy
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey Kathy, I know you are probably pretty busy right now but I have to ask. Is the primary results on Tuesday going to have any bearing on your race? Do you have any major allies in the state senate or are you still the outsider trying to usurp a 15 year regular that they all know.

And how in the dickens did such a leetle bitty state end up with 151 districts? Gotta be a riot in the capitol lunch room at break time. :biggrina:

Hello Everyone.

OG no I didnt have a primary, however the many grassroots groups are in an uproar. I hope they can behave like adults and hold it together because we did have a HUGE win Matha Dean running for AG. She is a gun EXPERT and defends ranges here in CT. And she has so many other great qualities.

http://marthadeanforattorneygeneral.com/

My campaign is taking off... I have a campaign manager. If anyone would like to help with a donation please do. Some of my friends here have and I am very grateful to you, I am NOT taking taxpayer money so I can accept up to $250 per individual, no businesses.

http://brownforct2010.com/

My Army Infantry son called its official hes getting a medical discharge due to his knees. His command suddenly say they are going to quickly discharge for being over weight???? they were pushing to deploy him yesterday and didnt take any of the required steps so hes fighting that one.

Airforce son got to Basic tuesday, praying for them both on my knees.

I am so short on time lately so think of me even if I cant get here to enjoy a cup with my favorite people in cyberspace. My motorcycle also is lonely, poor girl.

:coffee:

Hedning
08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Im back.... Thanks to the guys who has resurrected gunsnet..:prayer:.. Facebook thing makes me shiver..

Norway is still on the map. Been a shaity summer, but if Im lucky Ill vissit your lovely country by the end of the mounth or so. I have to go and kick some sense into Old Grump.... And yes, he looks exactly like his avatar. Infact, its not an avatar, its a photo taken by his brother January 09.

Have I missed a lot of coffee cups?

old Grump
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Im back.... Thanks to the guys who has resurrected gunsnet..:prayer:.. Facebook thing makes me shiver..

Norway is still on the map. Been a shaity summer, but if Im lucky Ill vissit your lovely country by the end of the mounth or so. I have to go and kick some sense into Old Grump.... And yes, he looks exactly like his avatar. Infact, its not an avatar, its a photo taken by his brother January 09.

Have I missed a lot of coffee cups?
Still on our first pot of coffee but it is a big pot so you missed a few cups.

A Norwegian is going to kick sense into a Bohunk...:joker:Hoo boy you did tickle my giggle.

I'm so far behind on the projects I wanted to do this summer I might just put you to work instead of shooting. You will have to go back to work to get some rest.

Actually the avatar is from a Dungeons and Dragons site but it looked so much like me I couldn't resist using it.

I know you didn't have a primary Kathy, I was just wondering if the primary results was going to help conservative candidates like you or hinder you. good news on Martha Dean winning her race.

Mine isn't till September 14 but I am already getting the daily calls, some from Robot phone and some from real people. They do have to be dedicated volunteers to still sound so cheerful and hopeful when they get so many hangups from folk like me.

Sounds like the army is trying to cut its losses and get out of fixing your boy's knees. They gave me a choice, early out or do the surgery. I told them I came in with good knees and I wanted to leave with good knees. So far so good. I hope he wins the fight or its going to be a problem for a long long time.

63, I generally didn't have much to do with my clients so to speak since most of my work was on major systems like boilers, air handling units, wiring up switchboards or the UPS computer power supply none of which they had access to. But there were those days when you would get a complaint and find out the reason their calculator didn't work was because they hadn't plugged it in.

Better yet the classic two people side by side in a common workspace and one was freezing and the other was cooking. My solution was to put two thermostats on the pillar between the two desks and let them control their own zone. Both were happy, one took off her sweater and the other stopped sweating even though neither thermostat was hooked up to anything. Just the two screws to hold it in place and my standing there with a fluke meter and a temperature probe calibrating them. The mind is a wonderful thing to play with. :laugh:

HDR
08-12-2010, 07:38 PM
That was the original thought behind lifting the sink, but then I figured, if I could lift the sink, I could get my wrenches on the faucet, but then I would still have to cut.... Damn it! Realization made me outthink myself!:11doh::conf44::losing-it::crying_small::crazy::coffee:

Which is why we hate plumbing LOL..

Well I got my new phone and as usual it is confusing as hell.. :lol2:

63DH8
08-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Dang it! Murphy found me again! My router went out! Had to buy a new one. This one is made for video streaming from a home server.

Richard Simmons
08-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Tea this morning instead of coffee. Been up since 3:30am, knees are pretty bad last few days. About 50% of the cartilage is gone in each so replacement isn't too many years down the road. Anyone else awake this morning?

HDR
08-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Janie,
We are still around; how have you been & how is the family?

Richard,
Tea is for Brits! lol

Actually I enjoy tea and prefer teas made for the British market.

kathy
08-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Tea this morning instead of coffee. Been up since 3:30am, knees are pretty bad last few days. About 50% of the cartilage is gone in each so replacement isn't too many years down the road. Anyone else awake this morning?

Ouch!

Im up and off to the landfill. Everyone have a fabulous day...:happydance:

btcave
08-14-2010, 08:48 AM
63- You got worse luck than me. Wow!

This is the first drill weekend since we got back. Still waiting on the twenty year letter so I can retire. at 0900 PST we are having first formation to have a picnic with our families. Tomorrow is medical screening for all soldiers in the unit.

In two weeks the family and I are traveling up to Squim, Washington to visit the New Dungeness Lighthouse. My wife was married to a Coast Guard man years ago and they were light keepers at this lighthouse for a year. So we are going to make the 6 mile hike out onto the spit to visit the lighthouse and she can show the kids and me around. She is excited about it.

63DH8
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Wednesday, Liz and I went to the University of Puget Sound to give a donation. The head of the therapy department handed Liz this poster. It was used at an International wheelchair symposium at Glasgow, Scotland.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=188&d=1281812219

Yup! That's my Lizzie!! :love4::wootrock::woot::thumbsup::hoo-yeah::crazy::coffee:

awp101
08-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Dang it! Murphy found me again! My router went out!
I hate to say it but, GOOD! That means the SOB has cleared my AO for a while!:lool:

This year I've had to put a radiator and alternator in my wife's car, my truck was rearended and totaled (through no fault of mine), today they had to put a new motor for the driver's side window in her car and last month the engine on my riding mower siezed up. And I had to fight the rats out of the attic.

Today did produce some good news. Her car has had valvetrain/lifter chatter since Feb. I found out the timing belt is supposed to be changed at 105K miles and she has 125K on it now (70 miles a day round trip to work and back add up fast). I mentioned it to the service manager trying to get an idea of the cost and she said that car has a timing chain and it doesn't have a milage lifespan. She's supposed to let us know next week what the tech thinks when she sees him again.

aliceinchains
08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Wednesday, Liz and I went to the University of Puget Sound to give a donation. The head of the therapy department handed Liz this poster. It was used at an International wheelchair symposium at Glasgow, Scotland.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=188&d=1281812219

Yup! That's my Lizzie!! :love4::wootrock::woot::thumbsup::hoo-yeah::crazy::coffee:

You be a damn man and your wife.:thumbsup:

kathy
08-14-2010, 10:12 PM
That is super awesome 63D!

63DH8
08-14-2010, 10:52 PM
You be a damn man and your wife.:thumbsup:

I'm not married. I've been a single dad since 1995. Liz is my oldest daughter.

63DH8
08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I hate to say it but, GOOD! That means the SOB has cleared my AO for a while!:lool:

I'll keep him around here long enough for everyone else to catch up with their chores, then I'll see who I can pawn him off on. Unfortunately, he seems to like it here. :(

63DH8
08-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Liz thinks so too. She spent $500 on getting full sized color posters copied made on photo quality paper. :rolleyes: She's so narcissistic!

old Grump
08-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Liz thinks so too. She spent $500 on getting full sized color posters copied made on photo quality paper. :rolleyes: She's so narcissistic!
When you got it flaunt it. Good for her.

You didn't keep Murphy around long enough. I went out to mow but even after 2 days of no rain the grass is still so thick and lush it keeps getting balled up under my deck, I need new blades. About halfway through the front yard mowing the right front wheel of my lawn tractor came off just as I was going down into the ditch. I discovered it and the left wheel were missing the hold on clips.

Had to take a break but instead of relaxing I did a sugar crash instead and then ended up going to bed sick as a dog before 8PM. I never go to bed when there is daylight outside unless I'm not feeling good. Woke up at 0230 in a sweat and now here I sit 0440 in the morning wide awake and wondering if I'm going to get my grass cut or not.

Nothing important and nothing serious going on in the little hut in the woods at the moment, sisters ankle is on the mend but she did a sugar crash same time I did, good thing nephew and brother were home. They found blood in the eye of biker brother 2 weeks ago so he had eye surgery Friday and it came out good, one more laser treatment and he should be good to go. All this less than 2 months after his cataract surgery.

Good thing is I'm eating tomatoes and onions and turnips out of my garden, peas are gone for the year, I should check my sweet corn before the raccoons do it for me. Last rain storm beat my 8' tall sorghum to the ground but about half of it is still standing. I need to harvest my sunflower heads, they are done for the year and between the heavy heads and the storms they are pretty much on the ground too.

Every time the wind blows or I get a hard rain my porch and my yard at the ends of the porch are covered with trumpet flowers from my vine. Bumper crop, it really likes this heat and humidity.
One bird feeder looks like it's hidden in jungle brush because the vines grew up around it. The birds have to work their way in to get to the seed but they don't seem to mind.

Well hopefully I can stay on my feet long enough to get some work done today because Monday I want to go out back and get some long range shooting in with my 22, (100 yards). Then I want to get some short range shooting in with my M1, (100 yards), :biggrina:, its all a matter of perspective.

HDR
08-15-2010, 06:04 AM

You better remember you are posting to her aunts and uncles... ;)

Yes it is. Liz's determination to adapt, achieve and overcome are legend.

Plus she can cook up the best BBQ'd liberal professor I've ever sampled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm trying a new coffee from Costco this morning. It doesn't list where it was grown; just that it is high mountain and fair trade grown. Same as so many others it is an Arabica; however they state it is from the top 5%. Short form, it is damn good.

HDR
08-15-2010, 06:06 AM

She is too busy accomplishing to waste time loving herself. 0bama should use Liz as a role model. ;)

63DH8
08-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Yesterday, we went to my mom's. Liz gave her one of the posters. Of course, grandma had to frame the poster and hang it on the wall. She said she's going to take the poster to the low income housing office where she teaches sewing to show people that "they're too damned lazy to get off their butts, and that a person in a wheelchair has succeeded more in life than they have!" That's a BIG change from 20 years ago. Back then, my mom was feeling bad for those people. Once she got in where she was helping them and seeing them first hand, she now understands why they're there. She has very little sympathy for those people. That's not saying there aren't those who deserve to be there. Those people usually try to get out of the system. Also, if they are there due to a situation beyond their control, they usually help the class. On the other hand, there are those who are there simply to take and take as much as they can without giving into the system.

kathy
08-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Liz sets an example for every one of us and every one she meets. I say let her put it on a billboard! Maybe some would take the example. That would be fantastic.

:ylsuper:

63DH8
08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Saturday, my brother was supposed to go over to my mom's. He never showed up. We called both his cellphone and home, and got no answer. Sunday, still nothing. I called again to see if there was a possibility that he missed the calls. No reply. We saddled up and headed off to see if there was a corpse or two getting gnawed on by his cats. On the way up, we got a call from him saying he was in Northern Washington fishing, and that he told our mom that he was going to go over during the week. That's when I detoured and headed eastward over the pass. I took a bunch of pictures of the various environments Washington has. I discovered point and shooting transfers to photography when you're doing 80mph down the interstate. :D Yesterday, we did the same thing, but went over another pass. The scenery ranged from the stereotypical Washington State with the mountains, to desert, to rolling hills. As soon as I get the pictures re-sized, I'll post them. Erika suggested I create a picture book with the different terrains of this state.

old Grump
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
ahh, a long boring drive turned into an adventure and a good use of time. Good thinking and looking forward to the pictures.

Hedning
08-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone, Iv missed almost everything in here so far. Ill try to get in here more often... crazy days, so its not easy. Coffee is good though...

Kathy... you in need of a chef yet? I sure need something else to do for a while. I think Im officially among the top 3 all used/fucked up road (land) surveyors. Infact, I would concider a job dealing with psychopathic rattle snakes... and I hate snakes in general.

What kind of pay would you give me Old Grump, for cleaning your rifles and do some garden work? I could make gravel out of a big rock with a sledge, that would be relaxing.

Besides that eastern Norway pretty much sucks weatherwise. Rain is coming diagonaly up into your nose. And when you get your rain gear on, too late to prevent getting soaked off course, the sun is up making you freak out inside that rubber clothing. Makes you smell like a gay locker room after an overtime football match too... (I dont mind gay people though, just for the record).

Im just a whining sucker. I think Ill have some cheese on the side with my whining.... and a beer or five.

Hope all you guys have a great time and enjoy whats left of the summer. For those who live in the four season areas anyway.

On monday I followed my little one to her first day at school. That was great.. 6 years... where the hell did they go? She couldnt even walk yesterday... sigh.

Ha en jævlig fin dag........

kathy
08-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Hello everyone, Iv missed almost everything in here so far. Ill try to get in here more often... crazy days, so its not easy. Coffee is good though...

Kathy... you in need of a chef yet? I sure need something else to do for a while. I think Im officially among the top 3 all used/fucked up road (land) surveyors. Infact, I would concider a job dealing with psychopathic rattle snakes... and I hate snakes in general.

What kind of pay would you give me Old Grump, for cleaning your rifles and do some garden work? I could make gravel out of a big rock with a sledge, that would be relaxing.

Besides that eastern Norway pretty much sucks weatherwise. Rain is coming diagonaly up into your nose. And when you get your rain gear on, too late to prevent getting soaked off course, the sun is up making you freak out inside that rubber clothing. Makes you smell like a gay locker room after an overtime football match too... (I dont mind gay people though, just for the record).

Im just a whining sucker. I think Ill have some cheese on the side with my whining.... and a beer or five.

Hope all you guys have a great time and enjoy whats left of the summer. For those who live in the four season areas anyway.

On monday I followed my little one to her first day at school. That was great.. 6 years... where the hell did they go? She couldnt even walk yesterday... sigh.

Ha en jævlig fin dag........

That sounds like great fun! We have lots of big rocks here too, a chef would be awesome. My grandfather was a land surveyor in the wilderness of Colorado back in the 1940s.

I eat crackers out of boxes and canned food out of cans these days, no time for meals anymore. My campaign manager has taken over my schedule, I will be spending every minute knocking on doors. My shoes are worn out already, but thats ok at least now i feel like I am doing something about our situation here. Donations are dripping in, so we are plastering the whole neighborhood with signs. :dancing-banana-red-

The Ammo store has a couple up..... :coffee:

old Grump
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I have lots of rocks to be piled up and guns to clean but it sounds to me like you need some hammock time more than work and a big pitcher of lemonade till your eyes stop twitching and the trembling in your hands gets down to a reasonable level. Can't afford to pay much, just old fashioned Wisconsin cooking but I have all the targets you could possibly shoot. Come on up buddy and we will try to soothe your frazzled nerves. That means we three will be good to you and not give you a hard time till after lunch. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Kathy, I wish I could send more and its to bad I posters for you wouldn't work here because my toy stores would love to put them up for me. Seems they like regular customers more than they do the once a year customers. I hope you are wearing good support hose and have pads in your shoes, that on your feet on concrete all day stuff is a killer. I have the plantar fasciitisto prove it.

Don't you have anybody at home that can pack a decent bag of good snacks for you while you are hitting the bricks? We don't need you falling flat on your face before you get to the capitol for your swearing in. :nono:

Tried the can diet right after my divorce and didn't have a refrigerator, you don't want to know what all that salt does to you. Listen to the old man and stock up on the frozen microwave dinners. Not much better but better balanced guaranteed. Ate a lot of oatmeal and powdered milk and pancakes made with powdered milk back in those days too. Lost 59 pounds and never looked better, go figure.