PDA

View Full Version : Help pricing new AK 84S

Nephilic
02-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I just bought a AK47 84S from a neighbor and I'd like some opinions on how I should price it for resale. I noticed that some were going for $1400 or so on gunbroker. Is that realistic for my gun? I have 3 steel mags and bayonet.

Below is a link to a video of the AK. I know it didn't show up well, but the marking is a triangle with a 66 in it and a Norinco logo. It says 84S right next to the serial number.

So what do you think it's worth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fhPtK2KZ4

imanaknut
02-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

There are a lot of sellers on Gunbroker that believe their rifles are worth their weight in gold. Granted there are only a limited number of the Chinese variants in the country thanks to George Bush the First and his fear of "evil looking weapons" and not the criminals who normally don't use these weapons.

Personally a new in box 84S, which would include three mags, a bayo, sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle and gas port tool should sell these days for closer to $900. Used but still excellent condition maybe $800.

For what it's worth, an 84S-1 (underfolder version) is my most accurate of all my AK variants. Lots of fun!

Nephilic
02-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. He sold it to me for only $200, so I initially thought it would be a great turn around sell, but I just got through cleaning it, and I think I'm growing attached. :cool1:

If I decided to hold on to it, do they retain their value?

imanaknut
02-03-2012, 12:03 AM
About a week ago I told someone they had the buy of the decade. You just stole that crown from them.

$200 for a Norinco 84S with 3 mags is a true steal!!!

Will it hold it's value, absolutely. As I said, with them being most likely permanently banned, they can only go up in value as more people get into the sport and want to add a Norinco to their collection.

WOW, thanks for ruining my week!

insider
02-25-2012, 01:28 AM
$200???!!! What did you do, hit the guy in the head?

El Laton Caliente
02-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Should have gone for maybe a grand. Maybe a little higher if there is a motivated buyer.

Welcome to the board!!!

One of the nicest and most accurate AKM variants out there. Buy of the year.

WB!
03-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Before you sell it, shoot it! You might find that it's just what you want in a rifle. Keep it, and enjoy it. It's like money in the bank.

binky59
03-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Are you kidding? I could double your money on it.
These are really bad weapons, worst of the AKM's
You should sell it to me to get it out of circulation. Don't listen to these guys,
they're just trying to make you feel better about buying a defective product.
But since I am quite insane and feel bad about you getting screwed out of your $200
I will give you almost enough to buy a WASR 10, the finest AK out there.
Ok sarcasm button off.
We may remember this as the deal of the year!

:wootrock: