PDA

View Full Version : I Have Nothing Against Wearing Fur....

American Rage
02-05-2012, 03:44 PM
but skinning an animal alive seems to go a bit too far.

Watch this video, from PETA, and tell me if that's a fox that's been skinned alive, or if it's some other animal?

The offending part is between 1:30 and 1:45

http://nation.foxnews.com/peta/2012/02/05/joanna-krupa-goes-nude-peta

Solidus-snake
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
but skinning an animal alive seems to go a bit too far.

Watch this video, from PETA, and tell me if that's a fox that's been skinned alive, or if it's some other animal?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126783534

The link took me to some story about a house fire or something.

American Rage
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM
The link took me to some story about a house fire or something.

Corrected it.

alismith
02-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't trust anything put on by PETA. I wouldn't put it past them to make sure the animal were alive just to make a point. After all, they are not above terrorist acts to further their cause.

O.S.O.K.
02-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Why in hell would I want to see something like that? Makes me sick to think about it.

PETA is about as repugnant an organization as I can think of.

American Rage
02-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Why in hell would I want to see something like that? Makes me sick to think about it.

PETA is about as repugnant an organization as I can think of.

Because it also has a semi nude, drop dead gorgeous model in it?

Altarboy
02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Anybody who skins an animal alive should first know how it feels. Not big on peta, but there are decent ways of slaughtering animals.

Partisan1983
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Anybody who skins an animal alive should first know how it feels. Not big on peta, but there are decent ways of slaughtering animals.

+1

I don't see any reason or excuse you would ever skin some animal alive.

American Rage
02-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Those are my thoughts as well. In the video, they show an animal (fox?) that has been skinned alive. The animal lifts his head up and looks around like "WTF just happened to me." I'm sure the creature is in shock.

alismith
02-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Those are my thoughts as well. In the video, they show an animal (fox?) that has been skinned alive. The animal lifts his head up and looks around like "WTF just happened to me." I'm sure the creature is in shock.

And I'm pretty sure PETA are the only ones who have ever done this, too (at least, on film). They are not above torturing animals just to make their point. PETA should be outlawed for animal cruelty.

Now, if anyone else had done this and posted it on video, all kinds of animal rights groups would have had a field day sueing the hell out of someone. PETA makes me sick to my stomach.

tank_monkey
02-05-2012, 10:06 PM
+1

I don't see any reason or excuse you would ever skin some animal alive.

CORRECT. I have no problem with fur as I have no problem with LEATHER or other animal skin goods. But there is a moral obligation to do it humanely. Torture is NOT ACCEPTABLE and I don't have to be some douchebag PETA lunatic to agree on that count. Animals can be farmed just like chickens, pigs, ducks, minks, etc. but I'm astonished that there are still places in the world that don't take the time to humanely euthanize the animal (a single air piston shot like in a slaughterhouse) before skinning. :(

cevulirn
02-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Torture spoils the meat.

was_peacemaker
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that live skinning wasn't done in some 3rd world dump or in the far east.

TheMrMitch
02-06-2012, 02:02 AM
I will shoot ANY son of a bitch being that cruel to any animal.

jojo
02-06-2012, 02:10 AM
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

insider
02-06-2012, 02:14 AM
I would have to blow off someones knee cap if I saw them skinning an animal alive!
The PETA crowd has reached a new low.

tank_monkey
02-06-2012, 04:41 AM
I would have to blow off someones knee cap if I saw them skinning an animal alive!
The PETA crowd has reached a new low.

Whoa, that's a pretty big LEAP of faith to accuse PETA of staging the video. There is suspicion and there is accusation. PETA is decrying the cruelty in the video. Sure they're dipshits, but to accuse THEM of staging it? I find that hard to believe.

El Laton Caliente
02-06-2012, 06:17 AM
What is Peta Kills Animals?
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has a problem. Despite its mission to advocate for "total animal liberation," government documents obtained through public records requests indicate that each year PETA kills thousands of animals at its headquarters.

According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA has killed more than 25,000 animals (mostly dogs and cats) at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

insider
02-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Whoa, that's a pretty big LEAP of faith to accuse PETA of staging the video. There is suspicion and there is accusation. PETA is decrying the cruelty in the video. Sure they're dipshits, but to accuse THEM of staging it? I find that hard to believe.

Where did I say anything about them staging the video? I'm just saying skinning a poor animal alive deserves a knee capping. I just want to puke just thinking about something that horrible.

alismith
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM

I, for one, wouldn't put anything past them. They're like the Global Warming bunch; they'd do anything to further their cause and raise money for their organization. They prey on peoples' emotions and don't care what they have to do to get it. I would much rather support the Humane Society than this bunch of liberal, terrorist loonies.

mriddick
02-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Didn't watch the video but anyone know where the video was shot and who shot it?

Gunner1558
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Not only is it an inhumane act, it is stupid.

Live animals will bite you if you hurt them.

I have skinned hundreds of animals, and have never even heard of one being skinned alive until now.

N/A
02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Didn't watch the video but anyone know where the video was shot and who shot it?

Don't know...but...

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=PETA+video+animal+skinned+alive&psj=1&oq=PETA+video+animal+skinned+alive&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1985l12281l0l14047l31l31l0l4l4l0l141l3110l0 .27l27l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=d4aea2a5825eafc1&biw=1024&bih=601

mriddick
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I suspect it's from overseas and not done on a fur farm here.

a-kmanator
02-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I claim Bull shit to the video most likely done on a hollywood set by top shelf FX people.As and avid hunter and skinned many harvest, I just dont see the pelt coming off like that especially around the eyes and ears with out the filet knife....sorry ...not buying it..

stevelyn
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Not only is it an inhumane act, it is stupid.

Live animals will bite you if you hurt them.

I have skinned hundreds of animals, and have never even heard of one being skinned alive until now.

I think the video is typical PETA horseshit propaganda. There is absolutely no reason an animal would need to be skinned alive. Nor do I think anyone would want to. I think it would be impossible to do.

I claim Bull shit to the video most likely done on a hollywood set by top shelf FX people.As and avid hunter and skinned many harvest, I just dont see the pelt coming off like that especially around the eyes and ears with out the filet knife....sorry ...not buying it..

I agree. I trap and skin enough furbears to pay for my habit. Getting the skin off in good condition requires about 20 minutes of knife work on a pelt on a fox sized critter. No way they could have done this while they were alive.

Mark Ducati
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's the complete video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcgxIGTFRs

You may need a youtube account to log in as this video has been flagged for the content.

As for torturing spoiling the meat Cev, There was a similar video where chinese dogs were hung by their collars and beaten before being butchered... their belief was that the adrenalin the animals make actually flavors the meat.

Don't take my above statement in any form of support.... I find these actions cruel, and I think God will have a special place for people like this in hell.

cevulirn
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Much research has gone into keeping cattle as calm and 'safe' feeling as possible before they are killed and butchered. Yes, torture flavors the meat, but not in a way most people like. Then again, chinese people have been known to have strange tastes compared to us Americans.

*edit upon viewing the video*

WTF, was it too much work to kill it and then skin it? They had to keep whacking them on the head....

MDE
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Anyone who would torture an animal should be beat to death with a steel rod.
I would love to be the one to do it.

Mike

American Rage
02-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Simply heartbreaking.

Like I said, I have nothing against wearing fur. But for the love of God, please let the animal be dead before skinning them. I can't think of a worse, more painful way, to die.

Oh, and Mark D., thanks for showing the truth, no matter how disturbing it really is.

mriddick
02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Up into the 60's American slaughter houses were pretty much the same, my grandfather had stories of sledgehammering cattle to death as they walked into the processing plant. After a shift of that with blood on the floor and you getting tired misses would happen and the live cattle would only be stunned while hoisted up to begin processing still half alive. The chinese are just 50 years behind us.