PDA

View Full Version : New Wal-Mart wine

old Grump
02-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Wal-Mart in the Southeast United States announced that sometime in 2012 it will begin offering customers a new discount item.....Wal-Mart's own brand of wine.

The world's largest retail chain is rumored to be teaming up with Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable price in the $2 to $5 range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to put a bottle of the Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but 'There is a market for inexpensive wine,' said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at University of Arkansas , Bentonville. 'However, branding will be very important.'

Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart wine brands and varieties.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity were:
12. Missing Teeth Moscato
11.Beer Belly Blush
10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. White Trashfindel
8. Big Red Gulp
7. World Championship Riesling
6. NASCARbernet
5. Chef Boyardeaux
4. Peanut Noir
3. I Can't Believe it's not Vinegar
2. Grape Expectations
1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

P.S. Don't bother writing back to tell me that this is a hoax.
I know possum is not white meat.

:naughty:

Helen Keller
02-05-2012, 06:23 PM
:laugh:

can they be bought with foodstamps???

BISHOP
02-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I thought they already had their own version.
It is called Oak leaf, and it had a starting price of (about) $2.00 per. this was ove a year ago and since has moved up to about $3.50 or so.
This was about 2 years ago.

BISHOP

weevil
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Wal-Ipple

Wal-Train

:biggrina:

was_peacemaker
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
3. I Can't Believe it's not Vinegar

ROFL!! That is epic!

sevlex
02-05-2012, 07:59 PM
6. NASCARbernet

I'd get a 4-pak of that!:boozer:

az_paul
02-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Funny! Reminds me of the rotgut we used to drink as kids.............Thunderbird, Boone's Farm, Annie Greensprings, etc.

Helen Keller
02-06-2012, 06:35 AM
My stomach burns just thinking about "WINE" .

I do wish somebody made a good grape ripple.
I had some at a restaurant in pittsburgh a few years back , then I understood how I could become homeless after drinking that shit.

O.S.O.K.
02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I got a chuckle the other day in the line at the grocery store... there was an older black guy in front of me holding a bottle of MD 20-20. He looked at me and smiled in an embarresed kind of way and jiggled the bottle around nervously. I just smiled back and said "mad dog" and "I didn't know they still made that" - he laughed and said something that I couldn't quite understand but was smiling and then checked out.

Boon's Farm Wild Mountain was a favorite when I was a youngun in the bar with my fake ID :lool:

El Duce
02-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I thought they already had their own version.
It is called Oak leaf, and it had a starting price of (about) $2.00 per. this was ove a year ago and since has moved up to about $3.50 or so.
This was about 2 years ago.

BISHOP

We got suckered into buying some. Only good for cooking. Or trapping fruit flies.

old Grump
02-06-2012, 09:10 PM
I have found inner peace. I just finished an article that said the way to achieve inner peace is to finish things you have started. Today I have finished a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts, a pot of chocolate pudding, a pound of Fannie May cheesecake and a $3 gallon jug of Chef Boyardeaux. I feel better already.

Kadmos
02-07-2012, 04:56 AM
I got a chuckle the other day in the line at the grocery store... there was an older black guy in front of me holding a bottle of MD 20-20. He looked at me and smiled in an embarresed kind of way and jiggled the bottle around nervously. I just smiled back and said "mad dog" and "I didn't know they still made that" - he laughed and said something that I couldn't quite understand but was smiling and then checked out.

Shalom?

elkydriver
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
We got suckered into buying some. Only good for cooking. Or trapping fruit flies.

agreed, not worth drinking, but makes for a good cheap cookin wine......

Cypher
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Nothing like a glass of Chateau Traileur Parc right before bed.

Helen Keller
02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
agreed, not worth drinking, but makes for a good cheap cookin wine......

:lool:

You boil hot dogs with it???

old Grump
02-10-2012, 06:18 PM

You boil hot dogs with it???Or put a wick in the bottle and use it for a lamp. Cheaper than white gas or kerosene.

Helen Keller
02-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Nothing like a glass of Chateau Traileur Parc right before bed.

Heard it's a great afrodeezyact that goes great with "Cars En Blaques"

blacksheep
02-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Funny! Reminds me of the rotgut we used to drink as kids.............Thunderbird, Boone's Farm, Annie Greensprings, etc.

What no Mad Dog 20/20 ?

elkydriver
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM

You boil hot dogs with it???

would be a waste of a good hot dog.....

I use it for making sauces and stuff. better than the "cooking wine" with a high salt content (to prevent normal consumption)