PDA

View Full Version : Type 53

oldstyle244
02-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, they seem to be everywhere all the sudden, so I ordered one from SOG to see what they looked like (I have one, but it is my Dad's bring back), it arrived last week, the metal looked pretty good on it, the stock looked like crap, almost looked like someone had tried to paint it. I took it apart and cleaned it up, I stripped the stock and then lathered it in Teak oil and finished with lemon oil (not an oil expert, so those may not be the right ones to use, ha-ha). I put it back together last night and it looked good, has some small dings here and there, but looks good cleaned up. I may pick another one up just for fun. I also picked up a polish tokarov and Psomething maybe 64 (both from J&G) at the same time and they both looked great.

I havent been on here in forever and really havent been buying much lately, but I had a hankering to get something.

rci2950
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
sounds like a good haul. Going to take some pics?

az_paul
02-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Congrats on all! Please post a range report when you take it shooting.

Schuetzenman
02-21-2012, 06:35 AM
How did the bore look, have you shot it yet and we need photos!

oldstyle244
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I just got another one yesterday, the stock won't need as much work as the first one, looks to be in good shape.

Havent been to the range yet, been too busy on the weekends. The bores looked good, I will see if I can find the Wife's camera and try to take some pics