PDA

View Full Version : WASR or Saiga?

Vortek
02-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Looking for an opinion, I have a Saiga AK-47 w/accesories a WASR 10 with a Romainian parts kit installed (-fcg) and accesories. I would like to trade or sell one, which one should I keep and how much are these worth. Thanks!:think:

El Laton Caliente
02-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the Board!!!

If I HAD TO, I'd keep the Saige if it is converted... Truthfully, I'd keep both.

jeepin
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Is the Saiga converted?
Home conversion or was it done by somebody like Arsenal or Legion?
What accessories?
Need a little more info and I can give you a value.

Vortek
02-12-2012, 08:17 AM
The Saiga is unmolested, I wasnt aware the factories modified these (learned something new). I have a 75 rnd drum for each of them both, 3 saiga 30 rnd mags, and the russian scope for the side rail. The WASR has the drum, bayonet, kvar sight rail, Houge grip, UTG handguard, MOE formard grip, Barska laser, slant brake, gas piston/carrier & extractor are from the Romanian Mil parts kit. My Father bought me a FN FAL as a gift and with that & my AK's, AR's, etc... thought i might do some trading or selling. My gun cabinet is getting a little crowded. Thanks for your input guys. New to the site & I appreciate your input.

El Laton Caliente
02-12-2012, 09:06 AM
We need to introduce you to the concept that NO GUN CABNET IS EVER TOO CROWDED!!! lol... You just need a large safe to go with it.

USA companies ae doing pistol grip/standard AK mag convertions. The conversion is not hard to do yourself if you are at all mechanically inclined.

Dr. Gonzo GED
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
If you MUST pick keep the Saiga. Better fit and finish.

I wouldn't ditch either though.

The WASR 10 outfitted with Tapco accessories is an elite soviet sniper rifle according to some Gunbroker postings.
:lool:

Vortek
02-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I'd be crazy to get rid of an elite soviet sniper rifle! Thats to funny! :lmao3: