UTG barrel rail
Barska light and laser
Magpul MOE pistol grip
Magpul Angled forehand grip
CAA stock
ACE adapter for stock
COLT buffer tube
Sight Mark Reflex and magnifier.

Most people are limited to modifications to this rifle but now that ACE is producing parts for the PAP it makes it alot easier to modify this rifle.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1276&d=1329072768

jeepin
02-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Are you going to do the double stack conversion??
Nice tacticool Yugo!!

achwan86
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Are you going to do the double stack conversion??
Nice tacticool Yugo!!

I have been thinking about it, but I keep hearing mixed feelings on that. Some say that its not as strong anymore, or they have issues with feed. So i do not know yet, i guess until i have a solid foundation to do it.

Thanks though.

greeenie
02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
What foregrips did u use? I want a quadrant rail badly and cant find one that works. That looks sick btw, what did it take to do the many conversions?

jeepin
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
I have been thinking about it, but I keep hearing mixed feelings on that. Some say that its not as strong anymore, or they have issues with feed. So i do not know yet, i guess until i have a solid foundation to do it.

Thanks though.
I have read some of the threads on the conversions.....seems to be in the realm of my gunsmithin' abilities.....I am either going to do a kit build or a conversion on one of these.....decisions decisions....already spending tax refund I haven't received yet.....lol.....nice thing is I have my M70 to reference if I do either of these projects....

KalashniKid
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
that thing is pimped the eff out! how heavy is it?

achwan86
02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Foregrips? If you are refering to the one on the quad rail its a Magpul AFG2 angled foregrip, it really provides a nice shooting stance with a AK. Well converting a PAP is just like converting any other AK when there are parts. I was lucky when I contacted ACE that they were just that day started making the stock adapter for the PAP, because the PAP has the slanted rear reciever unlike a normal AK. But alot of patience i guess took with this. I really wanted to get MAGPUL ACS stock but I really like the CAA one because it has a adjustable cheek piece which is really nice as the stock sits lower then the top rail where my scopes are.

greeenie
02-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Awesome, thanks. Two other questions, how is the stock removed, and how is the front lower grip removed?

achwan86
02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I have read some of the threads on the conversions.....seems to be in the realm of my gunsmithin' abilities.....I am either going to do a kit build or a conversion on one of these.....decisions decisions....already spending tax refund I haven't received yet.....lol.....nice thing is I have my M70 to reference if I do either of these projects....

LOL, yeah decisions are a biach. Well i do want to convert it but dont want to F it up. I did read that there is a conversion that makes a AK take AR style magazines, which would be a nice conversion for the ease of removal of the magainze.

achwan86
02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Awesome, thanks. Two other questions, how is the stock removed, and how is the front lower grip removed?

You need to get a philips screwdriver, and on the back of the stock on the rubber pad there are two small holes just shove the screwdriver in there and start unscrewing. THen there is a HEX bolt inside that is screwed into the gun its self, i think its a 3/4 not sure. It twists off but if its brand new you will need a vice to place it into and tighten it up and take a adjustable wrench and crank on it and it just comes off easy.

achwan86
02-12-2012, 07:37 PM
that thing is pimped the eff out! how heavy is it?

Its heavy hahahahah, well to average person atleast to me its fine. WHen i was in the marines my AR had all kinds of toys on it and I loved the feel of a heavier weapon, but I guess if you have a heavy weapon a GYM better be your friend hahahah

greeenie
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Brilliant, thank u for the assistance, maybe someday ill b able to get the foregrip off. How well did that utg quad rail fit??

achwan86
02-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Brilliant, thank u for the assistance, maybe someday ill b able to get the foregrip off. How well did that utg quad rail fit??

It was really tight on there. Alot of ppl give UTG crap for quality, but I will be first to say they make some amazing products. Both my quad rail and my barrel tri-rail mount are solid and fit perfectly as you can see. If anyone wants close up photos of anything let me know

greeenie
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I would love more info on that utg quad rail, where did u get it and any modification. To install it?

achwan86
02-12-2012, 08:19 PM
I would love more info on that utg quad rail, where did u get it and any modification. To install it?

I got it from opticsplanet.com or anywhere online its for a Yugo M70 it fits right in no modifications at all.

greeenie
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Can u put up pica of the front, where the quad rail meets the forward gas chamber

achwan86
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Can u put up pica of the front, where the quad rail meets the forward gas chamber

Here is a bunch of pics: http://www.mediafire.com/?61510r8klf4un just copy this link it will take you to my online folder for all pics. there is too many to post on here so hope it helps out.

greeenie
02-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Perfect man, thanks a ton for.ur help. U have been spectacular

Helen Keller
02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Looks great..
:think:

Say... you didn't get taken hostage by Printerman did you???

achwan86
02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Looks great..
:think:

Say... you didn't get taken hostage by Printerman did you???

Thanks,

Printerman? lol

achwan86
02-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Perfect man, thanks a ton for.ur help. U have been spectacular

Sweet, hope they are what your looking for. Anymore questions feel free to ask. I have put about 200 rounds through it already and can confirm nothing has gone loose.

achwan86
02-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Next add-on will be to get rid of the front sight post and add muzzle brake because i need to get rid of the vertical rise of the barrel. ANy suggestions on a brake please let me know and with a link if possible. THanks in advance.

greeenie
02-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Word of advice, thread the barrel. Don't use an adapted, they don't stay. And to use muzzle brake like u want ill have to use a different front site with a pin to hold the brake in place

achwan86
02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Word of advice, thread the barrel. Don't use an adapted, they don't stay. And to use muzzle brake like u want ill have to use a different front site with a pin to hold the brake in place

Oh no i will not do a adapted one. I am actually going to cut the barrel right where the front sight is and just thread a brake on no front sight post at all. I will be only going of the scope. I know some will say thats ridiculous but to each their own.

greeenie
02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
the only reason i say u might want a front post site is because there is a pin that is there to retain the position of the muzzle brake, which helps reduce muzzle lift

achwan86
02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
the only reason i say u might want a front post site is because there is a pin that is there to retain the position of the muzzle brake, which helps reduce muzzle lift

Yea I understand that. thanks

maxxram
02-20-2012, 10:11 AM
DO you have a link to the ACE stock adapter or a Part number?
Also if you dont mind me asking what was the cost?
Thanks

maxxram
02-20-2012, 10:12 AM
BTW nice setup. My Zastava is set up similar. I did the high cap conversion on mine.

jcpg
02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm also interested in the ACE stock adaptor and total cost. Also how is the sights zeroed on the dust cover rail? I read the dust rail has alot of movement.

maxxram
02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I called ACE about the stock adapter, they are selling for $44.99 plus shipping.
For that price I will stick with the one I made for half the cost and that includes the stock.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh624/dzeigafuse/Zastava%20PAP/2012-01-21_00-20-07_427.jpg

jcpg
03-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I ordered the receiver block adaptor from ACE. 44 bux with 7 bux shipping. Can't wait.

maxxram
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Here is my PAP in what I believe is its final state.

I got rid of the universal UTG Quad rail and installed the M70 specific version. Removed the folding stock adapter, and Installed a check riser on the stock. Took her to the range this morning and put another flawless 120rds downrange.
On the 50yrd range with using either the 4x scope or the TRS-25, all shots were hitting within the "9" ring on a 6" target. Basically left one big hole in the paper just high and to the left of center.
On a separate note, when i was using the universal front quad rail, after about the first 20rds the POI would start to shift high and to the right.
With the M70 specific rail I no longer have that issue. Only thing i can think of is it must be do to how the rail mounted. The universal one just mounted with two straps to the barrel, the M70 one has a spacer block that sits between the barrel and gas tube and then the lower and upper parts of the rail are fastened together. The rails are not directly attached to the barrel.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh624/dzeigafuse/Zastava%20PAP/IMG_20120307_101712.jpg
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh624/dzeigafuse/Zastava%20PAP/IMG_20120307_101634.jpg

Kevlar
03-09-2012, 01:55 PM
That is awesome man! Is that the demon muzzle break? How well does it seem to work? aside from looking badass that is! I have an M70 quad rail on the way, can't wait to get started on the addition. Nice rifle!

greeenie
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
similar to where im at. Used same quad rail, and i love it.

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/47777/2253281950102656767S600x600Q85.jpg

jcpg
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I've received my ACE receiver block. I'm shopping for Stocks tommorrow. Hopefully ill be updating this thread with new pics :)

maxxram
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
That is awesome man! Is that the demon muzzle break? How well does it seem to work? aside from looking badass that is! I have an M70 quad rail on the way, can't wait to get started on the addition. Nice rifle!

That is the demon break. Honestly i have not shot without it on. One of these days im going to have to try it without and see if i notice any difference.

Kevlar
03-10-2012, 12:21 AM
I was trying to decide between the demon break and the phantom flash supressor, but after seeing how it looks in that pic my mind is set on the demon. How easy was it to install the side rail scope mount? Currently I'm looking for a way to snug up the dustcover. My scope is overall pretty accurate, but holding an exact 0 is impossible.

maxxram
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I was trying to decide between the demon break and the phantom flash supressor, but after seeing how it looks in that pic my mind is set on the demon. How easy was it to install the side rail scope mount? Currently I'm looking for a way to snug up the dustcover. My scope is overall pretty accurate, but holding an exact 0 is impossible.

The side rail installation was not very hard at all. The most important part is to get it squared with the top of the receiver. I use a set of calipers to make sure the front and rear of the mount was the same distance from the top. Once i had everything lined up i marked and drilled the hole. The front bolt hole is the toughest because it is so close to where the old mag supports were. so you may run into an issues there, but nothing a dremel cant handle

jcpg
03-11-2012, 03:15 AM
What kind of stock and cheek rest is that. It looks good

maxxram
03-12-2012, 12:03 PM
What kind of stock and cheek rest is that. It looks good
The stock is the one that came with the stock adapter from UTG i got from here
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Collapsible-Stock-Combo-Kit/dp/B002TUSJZC/ref=pd_sim_sg_1
The Cheek Riser i got from Cabela's found here
http://www.cabelas.com/product/CAA-Tactical-AR-15-Cheekpiece-Set/1165438.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dar-15%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=ar-15&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

jcpg
05-01-2012, 03:27 AM
So I'm just about finished. Just need my AFG and its all set for now. Shoots and balances really well.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w505/pgapasin/bd23c97d.jpg

AKTexas
05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Looks like printerman finger phucked the hell out your rifle.

Kevlar
05-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Looks good man! I installed 2 moe rails on the original handguards for my vertical grip and flashlight. Not sure I want to change out the original thumbhole stock cause its so comfortable, but that pistol grip looks tight. Has anyone found a decent place to get 10 round mags? Or is the general concensus to do a hi cap conversion?

jcpg
05-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Looks like printerman finger phucked the hell out your rifle.

No idea what your referring to, but ok as long as he buys me a drink.

Looks good man! I installed 2 moe rails on the original handguards for my vertical grip and flashlight. Not sure I want to change out the original thumbhole stock cause its so comfortable, but that pistol grip looks tight. Has anyone found a decent place to get 10 round mags? Or is the general concensus to do a hi cap conversion?

Im pretty sure the wasr 10/63 single stack magazines fit in the PAP. The grips are MFT engage. I love the replaceable front/backstraps.

AKTexas
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM

He likes tranny sausage. He is too cheap to buy you a drink and he Tapco rape you until you squeal like a pig and beg him to stop touching your AK.

All joking aside Welcome to the forum from the bottom the sewer. I'm the sewer moderator, where all the turds end up at the end of the day. The sewer is home to those that wish to settle things without any modship. I know, a moderator for an unmoderated forum might seem odd, but once you have your post count and get your big boy britches you are can slum with the rest of us and see why the Roadhouse is what it is.

l921428x
05-03-2012, 12:38 AM
He likes tranny sausage. He is too cheap to buy you a drink and he Tapco rape you until you squeal like a pig and beg him to stop touching your AK.

All joking aside Welcome to the forum from the bottom the sewer. I'm the sewer moderator, where all the turds end up at the end of the day. The sewer is home to those that wish to settle things without any modship. I know, a moderator for an unmoderated forum might seem odd, but once you have your post count and get your big boy britches you are can slum with the rest of us and see why the Roadhouse is what it is.

Only you dude.

Dr. Gonzo GED
05-03-2012, 02:36 AM

Printerman is like a mentaly disabled kid with a fixation for religious conspiracy theories, but not as addorable.

He's also a major shareholder of TAPCO if his rifle is any indicator.

Supposedly Izmash hired him as a design consultant for the AK112.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/putin-AK-200-620x426.jpg

Two weeks after this press release, Izmash filed for bankruptcy. Coincidence?

AKTexas
05-03-2012, 06:24 AM
I get tired just seeing that guy lift that thing.

l921428x
05-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Printerman is like a mentaly disabled kid with a fixation for religious conspiracy theories, but not as addorable.

He's also a major shareholder of TAPCO if his rifle is any indicator.

Supposedly Izmash hired him as a design consultant for the AK112.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/putin-AK-200-620x426.jpg

Two weeks after this press release, Izmash filed for bankruptcy. Coincidence? Probably not all you have to do is look at the faces in the background. They already know!!!

AKTexas
05-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Only you dude.

Yeah and everyone else too...

Kevlar
05-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I've heard the wasr10 single stacks will work in the pap. I just ordered 4 from this sight so fingers crossed, and they seem to be cheaper than most other surplus places. Check it out. The conversion is an option, but personally I dont trust myself to hack into brand new rifle.
http://www.clearviewinvest.com/akromanian10rdsinglestacksteelmagazine.aspx

fyi, got these in the mail and sold them off a week later, they didnt fit at all. Just gonna do the conversion.

REDdawn6
05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
What exact type of reciever do they use? tks

wardpoet
06-02-2012, 12:49 AM
How did anyone get the upper handguard off without cutting or breaking it...i can't get mine to budge and would really like to get my rail system on tomorrow

Schuetzenman
06-02-2012, 10:44 AM
How did anyone get the upper handguard off without cutting or breaking it...i can't get mine to budge and would really like to get my rail system on tomorrow

I assume you mean how to get the wood off from the Gas Tube. Clamp the milled flat sides in a vice lightly, this is to prevent the tube from rotating. Why, because you have to rotate the wood to get it off, it is U shaped. When it is rotated to the 6:00 position it will come free of the ferrules around the tube that hold it.

StojanMan
06-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow! That looks great! Had no idea ACE was making PAP adapters. I still don't see them on their website.

StojanMan
06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Can you give a little more info on how you did this? It looks great. I can't see any seams on the adapter from the pic. Did you use Bondo? Also, how did you mount it since the Yugo trunion uses the single bolt through the rear instead of the top screws like other AK's? If I can save $50, I can buy an awful lot of ammo/fun for that. :thumbspbig:

I called ACE about the stock adapter, they are selling for $44.99 plus shipping.
For that price I will stick with the one I made for half the cost and that includes the stock.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh624/dzeigafuse/Zastava%20PAP/2012-01-21_00-20-07_427.jpg

jcpg
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow! That looks great! Had no idea ACE was making PAP adapters. I still don't see them on their website.

You have to call them directly the part number is AKRBZ

rokkrawler66
07-26-2012, 11:51 AM
i did this to my pap and it was real easy and just took some time, but i only had gloss black and i dont like that so i will sand it down and redo in flat. i did this before i even put one shell through mine but i love it.

chpar4
08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
I have been able to find mags on the Century Arms sight $13.95 each must by like 5 to meet minimum.

Kevlar
08-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I found them on Century's site as well, but you need to hold an FFL in order to receive that price. I'm still searching for an online dealer with that sells them.

biglebeauski
08-31-2012, 07:44 PM
which UTG rail did you use i ordered and got the only one my distributer had for the ak and its too short its the mtu009. thanks.