PDA

View Full Version : norinco with thumbhole stock blonde good price?

KalashniKid
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
local pawny shop has a norinco with the standard blonde furniture with thumbhole stock, stamped reciever and they want $700 for it. i was able to talk down to $675 but is that a good price? it doesnt look like its been shot much minimal wear on bolt carrier and bolt but the furniture is a lil sloppy, im sure thatd be an easy fix but what do you guys think?

im kinda aching for a classic looking ak since i synthesized my wasr-10

imanaknut
02-12-2012, 08:29 PM
My personal feeling is that even $675 is too high for anything but a collector's new in box MAK-90 with all factory accessories.

Again, personal feelings based on the MAK-90 that I bought last month for $500 which included six 30 round mags and two 20 round mags that although it needed a little work, was a great shooter.

On the other hand, in different parts of the country, prices will vary. Chinese rifles are coming out of the woodwork in some areas, and impossible to find in others, so it comes down to how happy you would be with the rifle? Sometimes paying a few dollars too much to get something now, something you can inspect, is better than finding out you should have payed the extra money because a year later you still can't find one.

Sorry if the answer is confusing, but these days prices vary wildly by location.

One other thing, is that an out the door price? If so, that makes it a little more acceptable, especially in high sales tax areas.

TB215
02-12-2012, 09:06 PM
If it's in a pawn shop then you can get it for a lower price. $700 is too high if fired.

Ask for $600.

El Laton Caliente
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
At $675 I'd pass unless milled...

buxman66
02-13-2012, 12:14 PM
bought both my mak-90's this past weekend,stamped was $485 and the milled was $800. stamped is missing front sight post and has mis-matching wood but looks in average to better than average shape.milled is in excellent shape. both came w/30 rnd.mags.

KalashniKid
02-13-2012, 06:22 PM
went to check on it before they closed and was gonna get $600 cash monies tomorrow after i got paid and, wouldnt ya know it, it was gone. the guy said some marine bought it yesterday right before they closed! now i feel like i missed out :(
ah man it had the stock style i loved too. he wouldnt tell me how much he sold it to the guy for. im still in disbelief cuZ that thing sat on the rack for at least 5 months...

the sks i was eyeballin got sold too.

My personal feeling is that even $675 is too high for anything but a collector's new in box MAK-90 with all factory accessories.
if i had a nib "collector" weapon i wouldnt be able to resist shooting it lol, it would kill me sitting under the bed or in the closet, it would call my name at night

imanaknut
02-13-2012, 06:28 PM
if i had a nib "collector" weapon i wouldnt be able to resist shooting it lol, it would kill me sitting under the bed or in the closet, it would call my name at night

That is why I have more than just the one in the box!!! :smiley31:

jman245
02-14-2012, 09:30 AM
That is why I have more than just the one in the box!!! :smiley31:
That's my goal...