PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new KNife today online!

gpwasr10
02-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Super Stoked to get it in! Very excited!

http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&ProductID=3763

Richard Simmons
02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
That's a nice one. It's been on my list since it came out, ($68 with my BCCI discount). Basically I've just been waiting for it to be available again on Buck's website. ATS-34 is one of my favorite steels. Please let us know what you think when it arrives.

gpwasr10
02-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I fondled one in the local Sportsmen's Warehouse, what a beast of a blade. It's gotta be the beardyest folder I've ever seen. If you can get it for $68.00, that's incredible. I paid $98.00 shipped.

Richard Simmons
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I fondled one in the local Sportsmen's Warehouse, what a beast of a blade. It's gotta be the beardyest folder I've ever seen. If you can get it for $68.00, that's incredible. I paid $98.00 shipped.

That's still a good price. As a BCCI member I'm authorized two knife purchases per calendar year off the Buck website at 60% off retail. Plus any order of $50 or more gets free shipping. Depending on the knife it is a pretty sweet deal. Plus you get the same discount on two sheaths, two sharpening products and 25 items of Buck Stuff like hats, shirts, etc.

Ezra Coli
02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice, I've always had a soft spot for Bucks. What do you plan to use it for? I ask because I don't care for Tanto blades (even though I have one), since they are specifically designed for puncturing they don't serve me well for general use.

Richard Simmons
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Here's a recent review of the CSAR

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/925274-My-review-of-the-csar-folder

gpwasr10
02-13-2012, 03:20 PM
That's still a good price. As a BCCI member I'm authorized two knife purchases per calendar year off the Buck website at 60% off retail. Plus any order of $50 or more gets free shipping. Depending on the knife it is a pretty sweet deal. Plus you get the same discount on two sheaths, two sharpening products and 25 items of Buck Stuff like hats, shirts, etc.

I need to get that paperwork submitted... But I am fearfull that it will lead to ALOT more knives LOL.

Nice, I've always had a soft spot for Bucks. What do you plan to use it for? I ask because I don't care for Tanto blades (even though I have one), since they are specifically designed for puncturing they don't serve me well for general use.
Tantos are great! The profile makes them GREAT for scraping gaskets and sliding the tip in to seperate a motor from it's housing, while also being a wedge this one wll be an even BIGGER wedge! Have you seen one in person yet?