PDA

View Full Version : Clark County Shooting Park (Las Vegas) Opened this Spring

matshock
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
It's an awesome facility, up to 200 yards rifle/pistol and a world-class trap/skeet range.

IF the money ever comes back they're going to build the rifle range out to 500 and add a 500 yard silhouette range.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/Pages/shooting_park.aspx

I've been about 6 times now- it's only 20 minutes from my door to the front desk.

Safety is about what you'd expect at a public range but there's plenty of supervision to keep the tards on the correct side of the firing line and muzzles pointed up or down range.

I've learned a few cool things since going there too:

1. Snipers use Super Sniper scopes

2. Snipers use $6.00 Tasco rings to hold a Leupold Mark-something target scope AND they mount all that to a plastic rail on a SL-8 (that dude finally wised up when he couldn't zero it in and asked what he was doing wrong).

3. An 18" .50 BMG with a muzzle brake won't hurt my hearing when it's fired right next to me because the shooter only brought 10 rounds (mercy I wasn't set up yet so I just moved over a couple of benches).

cciota
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Is that the shooting club that Harry Reid was the guest of honor, cutting the ribbon and all, and the head NRA guys were sucking up to?

Ah yes, here's the article:

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?ID=414

Makes me sick.

matshock
07-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Eh- I'll shoot there AND vote for Sharon Angle (already voted for her in the primary).

Every person I've met there feels the same way about Reid and the 'craps.

And yeah, the NRA is on my shit list this year unless they get their heads and asses wired together re: the 2010 elections.

TakeFive
07-14-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm glad you get to use the range. If ole dingy wins again, it will cost all of us big time. That suckfest at the opening ceremony was something else. It looked to me like they were all on their knees.