PDA

View Full Version : SAR-1 Hammer spring question. I maybe over reacting.

was_peacemaker
02-18-2012, 12:46 AM
I was just noticing that the hammerspring arms that sit on the back of the trigger are not flush. In other words one side sits further back than the other. When I pull the trigger (empty of course) it looks like its close to popping off the back of trigger. In other words close to sliding off the trigger when the trigger is pulled.

I am thinking this is due to the last time I had the hammer and trigger out and was giving the weapon a detailed cleaning...I might have stretched it a bit. Or this could be normal and I am just being a perfectionist.

Anyone else ever notice this with your hammer springs? Also if I was to order a new one...where would be the best place to get a spring that is right for the SAR-1?

Schuetzenman
02-18-2012, 09:14 AM
They can be bent. If you straignted it out a bit on one leg that would make it go further to the rear. Take the one that is longer and lift up on it in the middle while holding down the end. You should be able to bend it and make it shorter again. I've done this at least once on an AK weapon. But as long as it doesn't drop off the end it's good. Should it drop off the end it might get under the trigger and prevent resetting.