PDA

View Full Version : HELP, I have an AK 47 Type II dated 1952-54 Original Russian!!!!

Ranaldi
02-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi All,

I have managed to get my hands on an AK47 Type II from round about 52-54, I am no means an expert on these weapons or AK's in general? But i do know that this is a Russian with every part of it stamped with its original serial numbers. I was looking for some advice on what price to put on this thing and any info people have about these weapons. I have put together a short youtube video just looking over the weapon.

Link Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCI97vu-CAU

Many thanks all comments welcome?

alismith
05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I watched part of the video and you sound British, so I'm assuming the gun isn't in the US. From the safety position marks on the receiver, it appears you have a full-auto AK. Unless it's been registered prior to a certain date (I can't remember the exact year) in the US, it's illegal to sell in the US.

It does look nice, though.

imanaknut
05-16-2012, 11:45 PM
As much as I would love to have a real deal Avtomat Kalashnikova (the Soviets actually never called them "AK-47". Although Mr. K did once call them that, is was because of the US media and not the Soviet military), my government is violating my constitutional rights and not allowing it.

That said, because of unconstitutional laws in the land of shall not be infringed (US of A), unless the fully automatic firearm, or select fire firearm was in this country before May of 1986 and registered with the federal overlords, we cannot own it, and you cannot ship it to this country unless it is to a museum or an importer that is also certified by the federal overlords to own a full auto for demonstration purposes only.

Pretty sad.

And if you really want to get sick, there are only a handful of legally registered Avtomat Kalashnikovas in this country. The last one and only one I have ever gotten my hands on had a price tag of $50,000 US.

As you are across the pond, I do not know what your laws for ownership are, and because of that, it is hard to put a value on what is truly a piece of history.

alismith
05-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Hummm, I wonder if this were a bait-and-trap setup. Seems odd the OP didn't respond when he realized there were no "takers" here. :gruebel:

Schuetzenman
05-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I was in PM correspondance with this guy. He is overseas with it. Bottom line is no way to get it in the US legally and not torch cut into a pile of pieces. There were two threads posted on this and the other thread got more developed. Somebody has drug this one up.

alismith
05-24-2012, 09:26 PM
I was in PM correspondance with this guy. He is overseas with it. Bottom line is no way to get it in the US legally and not torch cut into a pile of pieces. There were two threads posted on this and the other thread got more developed. Somebody has drug this one up.

Okay, makes sense now. I just thought it odd that this one ended so abruptly when he got two negative replies. Thanks for the heads-up.