PDA

View Full Version : My Original Russian (1952) AK 47 Type II

Ranaldi
02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi All,

Am looking for a bit of advice on my weapon? I would like to find out a rough valuation for this.

I have made a youtube video of the weapon and stripping it down to show all original parts.

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCI97vu-CAU

Picture below as well.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1303&d=1329755794
Any help here would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Full Otto
02-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks like currently Syria would bring you the most.

http://www.havocscope.com/black-market-prices/ak-47/

Late last year there was a guy here from Egypt that said he paid $3000.00 but that market might have tamed down since then.

Ranaldi
02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
I take it there is no way of getting this thing sold legally? I know if it was registered in the US it would be worth silly amounts of money!!!! $30 to $50,000 is this just a pipe dream of mine LOL.

Cheers

imanaknut
02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Welcome to our group !!! :welcome:

Yes, unfortunately due to unconstitutional laws, you would not be able to sell your rifle in the USA. To get you really sick, because or our 1986 "machinegun" ban no more full auto weapons can be sold to American citizens. They had to be registered prior to that ban.

Because of that, and an agreement with the old Soviet government, there are only a handful of true Avtomat Kalashnikova rifles in this country. I can honestly say in all my years of being an AK lover, I have only run into one true Russian AK Type 3 which was a "Vietnam bringback", fully papered per our unconstitutional rules, and with a price tag of $50,000 on it. It made me sick to see the price, yet I was in heaven just to be able to say I held a "legal" one in the land of shall not be infringed.

After seeing the going price on a true AK Type 3, I would not even begin to guess at what your beautiful Type 2 would sell for!!!

I wish I could help you more, but I haven't done any world pricing on these great old rifles because it just hurts too bad knowing that our constitution has been so violated by the very government it was meant to protect us from.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing a picture of a great rifle!!!

Full Otto
02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I take it there is no way of getting this thing sold legally? I know if it was registered in the US it would be worth silly amounts of money!!!! $30 to $50,000 is this just a pipe dream of mine LOL.

Cheers

I'd just enjoy it while you can. I take it you're serving over there?
Maybe you can pass it along to someone when your time is up.
It is a shame we don't get those to play with.

I don't know if can you can do this but if you could scrounge up some stocks they may be a big seller if you can get them in.
Just thinking out loud and welcome you lucky dog

Solidus-snake
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
If only if only... :C

NAPOTS
02-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Even if you cut up the receiver per BATFE requirements you wouldn't be able to bring the barrel in. I'd say enjoy it while you can.

Partisan1983
02-20-2012, 11:27 PM
GORGEOUS !!!!!

If you speak German or have a buddy that does, get a hold of a Swiss small arms dealer and find out if any of there Cantons (sorta like States or Provence's) it would be legal for a dealer to buy it off you.

She belongs in a collection or a museum, that's for sure.

imanaknut
02-20-2012, 11:29 PM
I was thinking that hiding it somewhere in the sandbox where it will not rust because of the dryness, in the hopes that one day both our countries will come to their senses and allow us our rights regardless as to what firearm we wish to defend ourselves with!

Dreaming is so wonderful, and never give up the dream!

Oh, I did talk to an attorney about fighting the machine gun ban, and he almost died from laughing so hard. I was afraid they would charge me with his murder by laughter, until his partners heard why he was laughing, then they all started. I could have been a mass murderer just because I wanted to fight for my rights! :smiley31:

Ranaldi
02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I was thinking that hiding it somewhere in the sandbox where it will not rust because of the dryness, in the hopes that one day both our countries will come to their senses and allow us our rights regardless as to what firearm we wish to defend ourselves with!

Dreaming is so wonderful, and never give up the dream!

Oh, I did talk to an attorney about fighting the machine gun ban, and he almost died from laughing so hard. I was afraid they would charge me with his murder by laughter, until his partners heard why he was laughing, then they all started. I could have been a mass murderer just because I wanted to fight for my rights! :smiley31:

Thanks for the warm welcome, that thought did indeed pass my mind, hide it away hoping in years to come that there will be some way of getting it into the countries that it is worth the big bucks, even if it is not in my life time then at least i can give my son a little adventure later in his life, AK treasure hunt!! LOL

My other thought was like Partisan said try and get it into Sweden where these weapons are free for collectors, will have a wee look into it. I must say that it is the best weapon that i have ever fired the build quality is second to none, weight, accuracy and so on it is going to be hard to part with it. If only these weapons could tell a story????

Ranaldi
02-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the replies, she is a great weapon and it will be a great loss if it got into the wrong hands, not to say it has not been in the past, lol

Cheers