PDA

View Full Version : Somebody want to break the news to this seller?

imanaknut
02-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Was starting to get excited because I have a folding stock just waiting for a Norinco or NHM with the correct receiver. Unfortunately when the seller showed the side of the receiver, that extra pin that violates the new second amendment as rewritten by ATF and a corrupt government, showed it's unfortunate self.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275031395

Buyer beware!

buxman66
02-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Wow....yep a former full auto ain't it?

O.S.O.K.
02-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Let's say this is a set-up - batfuck setup. If we email the seller and tell him that his gun is a FA and don't report this, does that make us culpable?

Put it another way, if you witness a murder and then don't report it - and later you are seen on a security camera for example and it shows that you clearly witnessed the crime.... you are in deep shit.

I think this would be the same...?

I am sure this guy is just ignorant of what he's got. Not many outside the fold know what the third axis pin hole means or even to look for it. But....

jerstolp
02-23-2012, 10:52 AM
no one can prove that you "know" what it is that you "seen"

jerstolp
02-23-2012, 10:53 AM
oh yeah, hello to everyone. :thumbup:

O.S.O.K.
02-23-2012, 11:17 AM
:welcome: to the board.

If I send an email to the guy telling him that he's selling a full auto, well that pretty much proves that I'm aware of it's status.

I'm just presenting the paranoid, ultra cautious point of view on this....

jerstolp
02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
well in that case yeah. i guess if youre the paranoid type, dont email him then:)

Viking350
02-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Was starting to get excited because I have a folding stock just waiting for a Norinco or NHM with the correct receiver. Unfortunately when the seller showed the side of the receiver, that extra pin that violates the new second amendment as rewritten by ATF and a corrupt government, showed it's unfortunate self.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275031395

Buyer beware!

The auction is no longer in their system.

O.S.O.K.
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Somebody got through.... good.

imanaknut
02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
I saw that earlier. It really is a shame that we don't have a law protecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Really sad, and sick when something can be constitutionally ok, yet be declared illegal.

I really feel sorry for the seller.

slamfire51
02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
The ad was taken down before I saw it.
What was the price?

NAPOTS
02-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Didn't a few MAK-90s legitimately make it in like this?

Whats stupid is you could, physically anyway, rivet the holes shut. Un-doing this modificaiton would be about as difficult as drilling the holes in one that never had them in the first place.

insider
02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Too bad, that was a nice AK.

hazmat
02-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Didn't a few MAK-90s legitimately make it in like this?

Whats stupid is you could, physically anyway, rivet the holes shut. Un-doing this modificaiton would be about as difficult as drilling the holes in one that never had them in the first place.

Ah, there's the rub. The Alphabet Soup Gang has stated once a machine gun always a machine gun. I lost a perfectly good PSL a couple of years ago to this stupid rule. It had a military receiver with new rails and welded up pin holes, best one of those I ever had, and I had to send it back to Century for a replacement. But because those extra holes were there and welded shut, they said it was a machine gun. Never mind the rifle was never meant to fire FA.

Stupid rule, yes. Unfortunate fact of living under a system that arbitrarily classifies rifles as what they are not? Pain in the ass.

imanaknut
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Ah, there's the rub. The Alphabet Soup Gang has stated once a machine gun always a machine gun. I lost a perfectly good PSL a couple of years ago to this stupid rule. It had a military receiver with new rails and welded up pin holes, best one of those I ever had, and I had to send it back to Century for a replacement. But because those extra holes were there and welded shut, they said it was a machine gun. Never mind the rifle was never meant to fire FA.

Stupid rule, yes. Unfortunate fact of living under a system that arbitrarily classifies rifles as what they are not? Pain in the ass.

Actually it is an unfortunate fact of living under a system that violates our constitutional rights and gets away with it.

jerstolp
02-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Actually it is an unfortunate fact of living under a system that violates our constitutional rights and gets away with it.

SOB'S

slamfire51
02-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Anyone know what the bidding started at?

Inquiry #2

Price anyone???

imanaknut
02-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Sorry slam I didn't pay attention to the listing price or even if there were bids.

jerstolp
02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
when looked it was at 225 ish

WOD
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I live in WA state, and we do not have any Class 3 toys allowed, but that doesn't stop me from hitting the Class 3 ads on GunsAmerica.com. I'd love to train for, and shoot a fully automatic rifle, pistol, machine gun. I do kick myself often for not joining the service when I was able to. At least I can still make my voice heard in support of 2A Rights!

Hobe Sound AK
04-30-2012, 05:43 PM
We can thank that P.O.S. F.D.R. for that? They will never repeal the 1934 or 86 Law, If they could they would have done so by now. There is even a foundation called the 1934 Group or something like that. They have been trying for 26 Year's. Even the NRA gave up. Now we are forced to wear Seatbelts!!!! Where is my Country?

insider
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
We can thank that P.O.S. F.D.R. for that? They will never repeal the 1934 or 86 Law, If they could they would have done so by now. There is even a foundation called the 1934 Group or something like that. They have been trying for 26 Year's. Even the NRA gave up. Now we are forced to wear Seatbelts!!!! Where is my Country?

Our country died in the 80's and 90's! We let the commie liberals and PC crowd take over with the sue happy lawyers.