PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say hi, from wisconsin

jerstolp
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
in new to the forum, and kinda new to ak's ive had a wasr underfolder a couple years ago. sold it. and at a local gun show last friday i picked up a stamped mak 90 . 3 30 rnd mags and 200 rnds. of ammo for 550. the gun is in exelent condition. and shoots awsome. trigger is seriously great(double hook) bought a tapco 6 position stock(it had the bush hole), saw grip and intrafuse hg. before i even new about the strait cut or slanted cut reciever. luckaly it is strait cut. i ofcourse saved all the origanal wood. im just amased at the difference between this and the wasr. mainly the trigger its great. ive had a savage 12fv with accu trigger so i know "good" triggers this ak is nothing like that, but its damn good. and very accurate at the 25 yard site in i had no trouble keeping 3 shot groups in basically 1 ragged hole.. im in love LoL 2 thumbs up to the mak-90
now just to get the muzzle threaded:)
take it easy jeremy...

Gunreference1
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
jeremy, welcome to The Guns Network! Hope to see more posts from you.

Steve

jerstolp
02-23-2012, 11:27 AM
oh yeah its import year is 93 and ALL numbers match.

buxman66
02-24-2012, 08:58 AM
welcome to the forum from ohio! have fun w/that new mak!:wavey:

imanaknut
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

And welcome to the AK-addiction!!!!!!

As you have found out, the Norinco has a fantastic trigger feel. The Chinese were doing their best to figure out what would sell in the US marked, and made sure the trigger feel of their AK variants was right up there with the best. It is too bad that George Bush the First got a severe case of stupid and decided that the way a firearm looked would cause a person to commit a crime, and then later for william jefferson clinton and his congress to ban them outright.

Again, welcome to the site and enjoy your new "toys".

PS, as for threading your MAK-90 muzzle, if it measures .550 or so, you can thread it to the standard 14x1mm left hand thread. If it measures .500 or so, indicating it was turned down, you can still thread it to 1/2x28 right hand and find many brakes in that thread, including a slant brake to maintain the appearance of your rifle.

El Laton Caliente
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the board!!!

My MAK, even after all the other AK's I've bought, is still about my favorite shooter. Sounds like you did great on your purchase!