PDA

View Full Version : Who burned the quran in AFG?

chiak47
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Was it an American GI who burned it/them? I looked but there is so much faulty information out there.

Anyone have a good source as to the origins of this?

tank_monkey
02-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Was it an American GI who burned it/them? I looked but there is so much faulty information out there.

Anyone have a good source as to the origins of this?

I've heard that it was an as of yet unidentified NATO intelligence officer and those "korans" were filled with extremist writings (handwriting in the margins) including codes for various types of secret messages including how to infiltrate NATO bases (this stuff was already known to and decoded by our side anyway). But you couldn't just hand these things over. What I WOULD have done was to package them up and ship them to the U.S. to show how "US" being the good guys and providing Korans to prisoners is being ABUSED by these rat fucks.

mriddick
02-26-2012, 02:53 PM
What doesn't seem to make sense is if the information was secretive why were afghan nationals burning it and able to take it off base?

LAGC
02-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Sounds like it was just an honest mistake. The books got put in the wrong pile and ended up in the fire-pit instead of secure storage.

You can't really blame Obama for apologizing though, he's just trying to calm down the anger a little and hopefully stop more of our troops from getting killed in retaliation.

Stupid religious fundamentalists getting all hopping mad over the destruction of a copy of a book, as if there weren't millions of other copies.

I agree with Newt Gingrich for a change. We ought to just pull the fuck out and let the animals kill each other until they decide to join civilization with the rest of us. They've got to want to come out of the Dark Ages, there's no point forcing them at gun-point if they aren't ready yet.

tank_monkey
02-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I agree with Newt Gingrich for a change. We ought to just pull the fuck out and let the animals kill each other until they decide to join civilization with the rest of us. They've got to want to come out of the Dark Ages, there's no point forcing them at gun-point if they aren't ready yet.

I know the country side is filled with inbred douchebags who live in the dark ages. But what about the cities? I figure perhaps 30-40% of the nation is actually peaceful. Do we abandon those Afghans who are actually on OUR side? You do recall that LOYAL Afghan police DIED fighting these douchebags. I just cringe when I see us yet again, cutting and running and abandoning those who are loyal to us (Montagnards anyone? Hmong? Loyal ARVN?) :(

samiam
02-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Once upon a time the army did things for itself rather than outsource so if the army was burning its own trash this would have been a non-incident

mriddick
02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Since we got osama I don't think we have a reason to be there. I'm not sure I'd call the Afghans allies in the classical sense, we are still occupying their country so that makes it tough to say they are in this of their own will.

alismith
02-26-2012, 06:01 PM
I know the country side is filled with inbred douchebags who live in the dark ages. But what about the cities? I figure perhaps 30-40% of the nation is actually peaceful. Do we abandon those Afghans who are actually on OUR side? You do recall that LOYAL Afghan police DIED fighting these douchebags. I just cringe when I see us yet again, cutting and running and abandoning those who are loyal to us (Montagnards anyone? Hmong? Loyal ARVN?) :(

I see your point about abandoning our allies, but another way to look at it is we can't do their work for them. If that 30-40% wants to move into modern times, then they're going to have to make things work, themselves. That's the only way positive change will be permanent. Every time we step in to help, it seems the only thing we do is manage to piss everyone off to the point they are willing to go to war to get rid of us.

If the Afgans want change, then they're going to have to earn it for themselves. It'll mean more to them that way. I would think that, after a while, even Muslims would get tired of other Muslims blowing them up.

insider
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
The Afghan's are a lost cause, these people are content to live like animals, they have no ambition, they resist change fighting tooth and nail. For Pete's sake they shit on their rooftops!!! All they want to do is grow opium, smoke opium, grow marijuana, smoke MJ, fuck goats, beat their women, bow to the moon god, get pissed off over every stupid thing. I never seen such ass backward people in my life! The Taliban just make it worse, they are no better than the Khmer Rouge destroying all the intellectuals in Cambodia. America would be better off just taking over this place and milking it for everything we can.

coppertales
02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
So, throw me in jail for being insensitive. chris3

Krupski
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Was it an American GI who burned it/them?

If you find out let me know. I want to buy him a beer.

tank_monkey
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
The Afghan's are a lost cause, these people are content to live like animals, they have no ambition, they resist change fighting tooth and nail. For Pete's sake they shit on their rooftops!!! All they want to do is grow opium, smoke opium, grow marijuana, smoke MJ, fuck goats, beat their women, bow to the moon god, get pissed off over every stupid thing. I never seen such ass backward people in my life! The Taliban just make it worse, they are no better than the Khmer Rouge destroying all the intellectuals in Cambodia. America would be better off just taking over this place and milking it for everything we can.

I'm beginning to agree with you. The more experts (whom I follow) who echo this sentiment about how we failed to realize how backwards the Afghan people are, rendered our original goals unattainable.