PDA

View Full Version : My buddy is having some bolt issues with his WASR-10.

was_peacemaker
02-27-2012, 11:59 PM
1) I went to manually clear the weapon knowing it had a live round. I found that the bolt was stuck in the forward position. Never seen this happen on an AK before. Had to smack it a few times to loosen it up in order to get the bolt to cycle back.

2) One time while shooting it...the bolt locked back and got stuck (I presume on the hammer) on the last shot. Is there a fix for this?

For what it is worth, his AK was manufactured with the Tapco G2 trigger group installed.

hazmat
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Could be an ammo issue. Round stuck in the chamber could be an out of spec round, too much oomph on recoil could be an over pressure round. What kind of ammo is he using?

Or it could be a head space issue. If you have some go/no go gages, check to see if it's in spec.

AK-J
02-28-2012, 05:13 PM
1) Was it a un-fired live round, or was it a spent cartridge?

2) Could be that the bolt-carrier popped of its rails at the end of the rear stroke.

I recently purchased a G2 trigger group that needed some polishing to work currectly. You might want to make sure it is working propperly. Make sure the pins are holding it the trigger group as well.

was_peacemaker
02-28-2012, 06:10 PM
1) Was it a un-fired live round, or was it a spent cartridge?

2) Could be that the bolt-carrier popped of its rails at the end of the rear stroke.

I recently purchased a G2 trigger group that needed some polishing to work currectly. You might want to make sure it is working propperly. Make sure the pins are holding it the trigger group as well.

It was an unfired live round.