PDA

View Full Version : what kind of.....

buxman66
03-02-2012, 09:34 PM
buttplate will fit my mak-90 stocks? i ordered new stocks from ironwood designs and didnt notice till later that they ask what kind of buttplates you will be using. so, what kind of buttplates can i use? the milled receiver does not have a provision for a cleaning kit so i need a solid plate for that one. the stamped receiver does have a provision for the cleaning tube,but i dont necessarily intend to use one. i have attempted to put these both back to a "type 56" configuration. im gonna try to get a pic and will attach later. thanks for any and all help if possible.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad233/BUXMAN66/2012-03-03083428.jpg

the stamped receiver,(cleaning kit ready) stock on the left and the milled receiver (no cleaning kit) receiver on the right.

buxman66
03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
really? 23 views and no responses?! exact same reason i left arfcom. i posted a thread asking about peoples opinions on a rear peep sight not long ago and got an asswipe response and another one that was only jacking up his post count. looks like i need to move on down the road. 5 people seem to do all the talking/sharing on here and the rest lurk. fuck this.......:bull: !!

imanaknut
03-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately not everyone can answer immediately, although many do our best not to keep you waiting. I would rather have someone look at my question and not answer because they don't know and are just curious, than have someone leave an answer that is just plain wrong.

Your Ironwood Design stocks should have been made to accept standard AK butt-plates. There are several available, some with, and some without the trap door. Check Apex to see if they have any in stock. They are available but not the easiest to come by.

Oh, and by the way, there are some people who might have been able to answer, but are caught up in the mess that happened yesterday. There used to be a few more towns here in Indiana yesterday morning than there are this morning, and Indiana wasn't the only state clobbered.

slamfire51
03-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Nut is right on with his reply.
Not everyone who looked at your post, including myself, knows the answer to your question. I'm sure you might have felt better with 23 "I don't know" replies.

Yesterday was not a good day for most of us in the East and the Midwest.
I was glued to the TV watching the weather as tornadoes passed within a few miles from me.

Sometimes a little patience will get you farther than snide comments.

buxman66
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
wow!! several responses! point taken,of the tornado activity the last several days,and i stand corrected on THAT issue alone. i have checked the parts suppliers and have found 1 vendor w/a trapdoor style buttplate. AA-OK .....which unfortunately i cancelled a previous order because of non-inventory issues. as i said previously there are only several people that seem to respond to inquiries/questions and yes,.. you 2 were some of the ones i was thinking of when that was posted. it can come across as snobbery is all i was getting at. opinions are ust like assholes ....we all got em. i happen to have one also. have a good evening.