PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboy fans need to speak up. Prometheus talking at you. LOL

was_peacemaker
03-03-2012, 02:41 PM
What in the world is going on with "Americas Team" BTW: Last season my Broncos stole that title. Anyway I have pulled for Dallas on the side for many years and I am wondering were they are trying to go with Tony Romo, and why is Jerry Jones trying to play the role of a GM. I don't know which owner hurts their team more...Jerry Jones or Snyder for the Skins. May I dare say that Cowboy fans are riding the same boat with Skins fans?

Should we buy Prometheus and other Cowboy fans here a Redskins jersey for next year so they feel like they have a friend in their same boat? LOL Oh...no last I checked Prometheus is to big to mess with and I can only run a 40 in about 4.8 these days. LOL

Sorry, Cowboys fans I pull for ya but I don't get the whole Jones/Romo thing. You guys need a new QB who doesn't choke in the big games.

Charliebravo
03-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Jerry Jones is a business guy that thinks he's a football guy, but he's wrong. Also, Romo is much less of a problem than our abortion of a defensive backfield. Besides, who's coming out of college at the QB position that's really plug-and-play? Our record was too good to get Luck or RGIII. The 3rd best option is Ryan Tannehill, but he's a raw project and may not even be on the board anymore by the time we pick.

was_peacemaker
03-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Jerry Jones is a business guy that thinks he's a football guy, but he's wrong. Also, Romo is much less of a problem than our abortion of a defensive backfield. Besides, who's coming out of college at the QB position that's really plug-and-play? Our record was too good to get Luck or RGIII. The 3rd best option is Ryan Tannehill, but he's a raw project and may not even be on the board anymore by the time we pick.

Ok I will give you that your secondary is not all that great. Yet, I think you have a shot at Tannehill, and if he learns he can be pretty good. He is a Texas boy after all. Somehow or another I think you might get him in the draft. I am assuming your not up for an Redskins merchandise?

Warthogg
03-03-2012, 08:33 PM
To me Romo looks good enough to stay (unfortunately) but not good enough to win.

Wart

Warthogg
03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

I 'think' Stephon Gilmore, SC, Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama and Dre Kirkpatrick will be around as corners when Dallas selects.

Jenkins has the talent but also FOUR kids under three and multiple arrests. My guess is the 'Boys will take Gilmore .....lesser talent but clean.

Mark Barron, Alabama would a good pick at strong safety if he's still around in the second round.

Wart

Be interesting to see who goes for Janoris. This is the type guy Oakland would have taken when Al Davis was still around. Not sure now.

The Browns just may end up with Trent Richardson, running back and Kirkpatrick, corner....both Alabama. We will see.

Charliebravo
03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Mark Barron, Alabama would a good pick at strong safety if he's still around in the second round.

Wart

We need corners more than safeties. Don't know if you saw, but our CBs, particularly Newman, got absolutely gashed last year. Plus, there's no way we're getting Tannehill. You have to assume that the Colts are taking Luck. Cleveland will probably trade up with the Rams to get RGIII. That puts Tannehill with the 'Skins, provided they don't get Manning. Plus, after his firing at Texas A&M, Mike Sherman got hired as the OC for Miami. If he's still on the board when the 'Fins pick, Sherm will lobby hard for him. There's no way he'll still be on the board by the time the Cowboys pick. I wouldn't mind having him though. Stephen McGee is a stand-up dude and is tough as nails, but I just don't think he's NFL material.

Warthogg
03-03-2012, 09:30 PM
We need corners more than safeties.

Stephon Gilmore, SC, Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama and Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama.

Wart

Charliebravo
03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Stephon Gilmore, SC, Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama and Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama.

Wart

Jerry has proven that he couldn't give a shit less about character. He's signed PacMan Jones and picked Dez Bryant, both shitbirds of the highest order. Besides, Jenkins' game film may look good, but look at the caliber of receiver he's covering and QB doing the throwing. What may be a BAMF at North Alabama may be average in the SEC. Sure, there are some diamonds-in-the-rough to be found at the smaller schools (Demarcus Ware, Troy University), but most of the better NFL players come out of the big schools for a reason.

Glad to have a fellow football junkie on the board though. Thanks, Wart.

Charliebravo
03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
To me Romo looks good enough to stay (unfortunately) but not good enough to win.

WartRomo has single-handedly WON games, and single-handedly LOST games (Detroit 2011). That being said, he's still one of the better QBs in the league. How Tebow can suck so bad and win so much I'll never know. And, before you start that "he's just a winner" bullshit, he was helped by the fact that the defense stepped up in most of those wins (Von Miller....Holla).

Warthogg
03-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Jerry has proven that he couldn't give a shit less about character. He's signed PacMan Jones and picked Dez Bryant, both shitbirds of the highest order. Besides, Jenkins' game film may look good, but look at the caliber of receiver he's covering and QB doing the throwing. What may be a BAMF at North Alabama may be average in the SEC. Sure, there are some diamonds-in-the-rough to be found at the smaller schools (Demarcus Ware, Troy University), but most of the better NFL players come out of the big schools for a reason.

Glad to have a fellow football junkie on the board though. Thanks, Wart.

I went to college at Troy.

Wart

Warthogg
03-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Romo has single-handedly WON games, and single-handedly LOST games (Detroit 2011). That being said, he's still one of the better QBs in the league. How Tebow can suck so bad and win so much I'll never know. And, before you start that "he's just a winner" bullshit, he was helped by the fact that the defense stepped up in most of those wins (Von Miller....Holla).

Not a Tebow fan. I'm an Alabama and Troy fan so far as college football. Yes Denver's defense won for them.

Wart

was_peacemaker
03-04-2012, 06:30 AM
We need corners more than safeties. Don't know if you saw, but our CBs, particularly Newman, got absolutely gashed last year. Plus, there's no way we're getting Tannehill. You have to assume that the Colts are taking Luck. Cleveland will probably trade up with the Rams to get RGIII. That puts Tannehill with the 'Skins, provided they don't get Manning. Plus, after his firing at Texas A&M, Mike Sherman got hired as the OC for Miami. If he's still on the board when the 'Fins pick, Sherm will lobby hard for him. There's no way he'll still be on the board by the time the Cowboys pick. I wouldn't mind having him though. Stephen McGee is a stand-up dude and is tough as nails, but I just don't think he's NFL material.

You think the Browns are going to give up on Colt McCoy so soon? Also I believe you right about the Boys looking for some CB's. Way to many blown coverages last year.