PDA

View Full Version : I need a brake

Vortek
03-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I have a WASR Im working on. It has a slant style brake on it originally. Is there a better brake thats not over a hundred bucks? Im looking for something that will almost eliminate climb and reduce recoil. I've tried the Tapco AK 74 "style" and didnt really notice anything other than the design is diffrent from the original.Tapco makes a RPK "style" is any one familliar with this. Thanks for your input.

Schuetzenman
03-10-2012, 08:44 AM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=muzzle+brake/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=muzzle_brake

Check out Brownell's. They handle a wide variety of gun parts. Not sure how many are taylored to AK weapons but Here's a link where you can check around. The Key search word I used was .... muzzle brake.

El Laton Caliente
03-10-2012, 09:08 AM
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=172

Curtis carries several...

The slant breaks were designed to reduce muzzle climb in FA, they do little or nothing on a semi. IMO, the 74 brake does reduce recoil slightly.

R3N3G4D3
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
I recently purchased the PWS FSC47 (FSC for Flash Suppressing Compensator) muzzle brake for my polish AK, and noticed quite a difference between that and the stock slant brake that came with it. It's a little more pricey than most other brakes, but well worth the money IMHO. Just make sure your AK has a 14:1 left hand twist on the barrel.

R3N3G4D3
03-21-2012, 09:57 AM
I apologize, didn't read that it was for a ak74 rifle. Not sure if PWS makes the brakes for that or not, but I would check their website and see if they do, definitely worth it.

WB!
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Years back, I tried an "AK74" style pin on brake for an SKS model D, and it worked good. There must be differances between prodution. The FSC has always had a good review.

Vortek
03-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all the input! I went with an RPK brake & it seems ok. I noticed a little bit of a difference but not a lot.