PDA

View Full Version : ***Supposedly*** US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

chiak47
03-11-2012, 04:07 AM
If this is true then it truly takes away from all the hard work that our nation has done over the past decade.

A US soldier in Afghanistan opened fire on civilians after walking off his base in the southern province of Kandahar.

Provincial governor Tooryalai Weesa told the BBC 10 people had died and five were wounded in the shooting.

More @ link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17330205

mriddick
03-11-2012, 06:56 AM
We should of left after we got osama, IMO that is the only lasting legacy of all this and this isn't going to take away that.

But truthfully I can see it, in a war where our young men are waiting around to be shot in the back by those supposedly on their side it's natural someone is going to start looking at everyone as the enemy.

Schuetzenman
03-11-2012, 07:37 AM
IMO this guy came to the real conclusion ... they are ALL the enemy. A freindly Muslim is like having a Pet Rattlesnake; always unpredictable and always deadly.

5.56NATO
03-11-2012, 08:13 AM
He didin't have to do this. They kill each other without any outside help.

l921428x
03-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Another link,http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20120311/e635f35b-89e9-4929-a502-b7ace66da623

I guess this mess is now starting to work both ways.
You are right Schuetz, You are right.

stinker
03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Heard on the radio the U.N. has him in custody and they're saying nobody was killed but a few people were just wounded a little bit...Preemptive revisionist history perhaps? If he did kill muzzies and they speak the truth about it could upset muzzies and cause them to attack non muzzies....oh wait, thats every day there...

So long as a muslim walks the earth there will be no peace in the middle east.
They won't allow it.

So who else thinks bambam is going to "suddenly in an unexpected move" pull out all the troops in september or october and declare victory just in time for him to propogandize some votes for november? Wonder how many of our people will die between now and then so he can have a political stunt to get reelected with?

5.56NATO
03-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Why does the un have our guy?

mriddick
03-11-2012, 09:27 AM

Doubtful it's the UN, more then likely NATO.

stinker
03-11-2012, 09:29 AM

Did'nt say. I'm assuming maybe they were the ones that caught him first.
Came from the AP.

Same difference IMO but technically that's probably the right terminology.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
IMO this guy came to the real conclusion ... they are ALL the enemy. A freindly Muslim is like having a Pet Rattlesnake; always unpredictable and always deadly.
THIS

samiam
03-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Reuters is reporting that it wasn't an individual

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/11/us-afghanistan-civilians-idUSBRE82A02V20120311

mriddick
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
I would not believe one word the afghan government would say. Us leaving and letting the Taliban stuff them in shipping containers in the desert to slowly die might be the best reason for us leaving.

imanaknut
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Too bad we fight fair and they don't. We wear uniforms, so it is easy to tell who is a soldier and who isn't. Made fighting the Germans and Japanese easier during World War 2 because our ground troops just had to look for someone wearing a uniform. In the sandbox, the enemy isn't nice enough to wear a uniform, so it is hard to tell who is who.

But you never hear about the thousands of civilian Germans and Japanese who were killed by the carpet bombings in Germany, and the firebombing of Tokyo.

Yes, we need to get out of there ASAP.

sevlex
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm withholding judgment on this. Something seems fishy about the story.

*cough* (Haditha) *cough*

Richard Simmons
03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
If the shooter is in custody it would seem pretty simple to know if he is U.S. military or not. To make that up would be pretty unlikely and or difficult. Either someone was killed or no one was killed. Either it was or it wasn't a U.S. military member. Once you answer those two questions you can start on the why.

chiak47
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Both sides are confirming that women and children were gunned down while they slept and that is not cool at all.

was_peacemaker
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM

There is such a thing as a friendly Muslim? LOL

samiam
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
After reading several reports the narrative appears to be a sergeant suffering a nervous breakdown left his base in the middle of the night walked to a nearby village killed 16 people mostly women and children then piled up 11 of the bodies poured fuel on the bodies and set 'em afire then walks back to the base and is arrested . . . somehow this story just doesn't seem plausible

chiak47
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
There is such a thing as a friendly Muslim? LOL

Yes, there is.
Figure this; there are over a billion Muslims in the world and don't let the actions of 1% take away from the rest of them since most of them want to just live their lives without conflict.

5.56NATO
03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
After reading several reports the narrative appears to be a sergeant suffering a nervous breakdown left his base in the middle of the night walked to a nearby village killed 16 people mostly women and children then piled up 11 of the bodies poured fuel on the bodies and set 'em afire then walks back to the base and is arrested . . . somehow this story just doesn't seem plausible

I wonder what meds he was on.

Warthogg
03-11-2012, 04:43 PM
US soldier kills 16 Afghans, deepening crisis

BALANDI, Afghanistan (AP) — An American soldier opened fire on villagers near his base in southern Afghanistan Sunday and killed 16 civilians, according to President Hamid Karzai, who called it an "assassination" and furiously demanded an explanation from Washington. Nine children and three women were among the dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-soldier-kills-16-afghans-deepening-crisis-164242200.html

There is nothing good about this. Nothing good will come of this.

Wart

alismith
03-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Since this happened, my guess would be that the Muzzies would start killing innocents by sending out people with bombs strapped to their bodies. After all, this is totally unheard of...

Oh wait...

mriddick
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
So now when the Afghan army soldiers kill our guys are they doing it because of this or are they not quite done with the burning of the koran killings yet?

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
"The Afghan Taliban said it would take revenge for the deaths, in an emailed statement to media."

The same people that strap bombs to their kids......... Something ironic here.

US service man going bizerk seldom. Muslims killing innocents Often. Probably 99% of the violence in the world.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 05:16 PM
There is nothing good about this. Nothing good will come of this.

Wart
Well I'm hoping the US.gov will come to their senses and nuke the entire country, but I won't hold my breath.

Warthogg
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Well I'm hoping the US.gov will come to their senses and nuke the entire country, but I won't hold my breath.

What we need to do is get our people out now. There is no 'winning' in Afghanistan.

Wart

imanaknut
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Really sad now that more of the story has gotten out. Although I still don't trust the news media, the soldier was on his fourth tour, and went house to house shooting innocents.

He has a wife and two kids at home.

I hope we get our soldiers out of their before we lose more to the insanity that is going on and seems to be contagious.

5.56NATO
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes, there is.
Figure this; there are over a billion Muslims in the world and don't let the actions of 1% take away from the rest of them since most of them want to just live their lives without conflict.

Yeah but we get this kind:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4eb_1330907622
(they sound like a mossad plant tho)

LAGC
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
This is now the longest war we've ever fought. Longer than even the Civil War.

People weren't meant to be in combat zones for 10+ years. It's dehumanizing.

Obama killed Osama. That should have ended it.

Its way past time to GTFO.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, there is.
Give me break. Where do you pull that 1% out of? The muslim loving media? The good book they riot over tells them to kill or enslave.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 07:00 PM

Obama didn't kill Osama his likeness.

dishman
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
+1 is all i can say..oh..and f them scum..and i dont buy the 1% b.s. the media sells..i see streets filled with them hating us..hell after 911 half the middle east was dancing..f them!

Since this happened, my guess would be that the Muzzies would start killing innocents by sending out people with bombs strapped to their bodies. After all, this is totally unheard of...

+1

Oh wait...

LAGC
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Obama didn't kill Osama his likeness.

Bush might have, before he left office, had he not gotten all distracted with Iraq and lost sight of the goal.

Who knows? Afghanistan might have actually turned out different had Iraq not been a side issue.

It's a lost cause now.

Krupski
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM

UN or NATO... why the hell does ANY foreign entity have him "in custody"?

If he's accused of something, then AMERICAN authorities should have him, not f:censored:king foreigners.

mriddick
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
UN or NATO... why the hell does ANY foreign entity have him "in custody"?

If he's accused of something, then AMERICAN authorities should have him, not f:censored:king foreigners.

Nato is not really a foreign entity, it's a colition we are part of. US Generals are leading operations in Afghanistan. I believe in the south they run military operations, IMO regardless we can rest assured he's in US custody. The real point was it's doubtful he's anywhere near the UN...

Warthogg
03-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Really sad now that more of the story has gotten out. Although I still don't trust the news media, the soldier was on his fourth tour, and went house to house shooting innocents.

He has a wife and two kids at home.

I hope we get our soldiers out of their before we lose more to the insanity that is going on and seems to be contagious.

There's just nothing to say except get them out......tomorrow would be good.

(The part I posted was from the AP who are usually fairly reliable as they sell their material to other news outlets.)

Wart

chiak47
03-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Give me break. Where do you pull that 1% out of? The muslim loving media? The good book they riot over tells them to kill or enslave.

1% of over 1 billion is still a high number...Lets be thankful all 1 billion aren't savages. Remember it's the "Muslim loving media" that force fed us the false 9/11 story that ultimately put us in this predicament.

insider
03-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes, there is.
Bullshit!!!

alismith
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
1% of over 1 billion is still a high number...Lets be thankful all 1 billion aren't savages. Remember it's the "Muslim loving media" that force fed us the false 9/11 story that ultimately put us in this predicament.

Not sure about that, but one thing is for sure. ALL of them are a cancer in the body of humanity. Many are currently benign, but they are still a cancer.

Doctors get rid of benign cancers to prevent them from turning malignant in the future.

O.S.O.K.
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM
When I first heard about this I thought "taliban dressed as US soldier".... do we have any update on this? Is the perp in custody for sure?

Lots of different stories here...

Far as I'm concerned we should pull the hell out of there and let them rot. If they give us trouble, carpet bomb all known taliban held areas.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
When I first heard about this I thought "taliban dressed as US soldier".... do we have any update on this? Is the perp in custody for sure?

Lots of different stories here...

Far as I'm concerned we should pull the hell out of there and let them rot. If they give us trouble, carpet bomb all known taliban held areas.
Some nice sun bursts would be better, send a lesson. We used to fight wars to win. Now we fight them to rebuild.

alismith
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Some nice sun bursts would be better, send a lesson. We used to fight wars to win. Now we fight them to rebuild.

Even better than that, unload all our unwanted nuclear aresenal on every square inch of that sandpile. Turn the sand into glass and layer it with enough radiation to render it sterile for the next 2,000,000 years. Make it glow in the dark for all their neighbors to see and ponder just for the sake of posterity.

chiak47
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Some of the most moronic theories are compacted into this here thread and it saddens me to think this forum has slid off into the point of no return as far as real intellectual conversation instead of quick one-liners that include eradicating a whole race over the actions of a few.

Nukes on a stone age society? Really..?
I'd hate to see your brilliant tactics on a more formidable foe cause God help us if and when other superpowers decide they have had enough of our bullshit.

T2K
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Indeed, the "nuke them" responses are, I hope, just knee-jerk reactions - not serious proposals.

One of our guys snapped and went on a murderous rampage. It happens with people sometimes - whether at a pre-school in China (knife attack killing many kids) or street in the Netherlands (the guy that drove his car into a crowd and killed several) or a high school stateside (school shootings) or other locations. I have no illusions about human nature to think otherwise.

Yes, this is bad. Moslems as a whole are completely unaligned on almost everything but they are great at getting violently irate over "insults" against their religion. It's the one thing they agree on.

When combined with the apparent lack of US interests being served by our remaining in Afghanistan, yes I think we need to get out. That "country" will be a disorganized shithole whether we spend our blood and money there or not.

Warthogg
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Indeed, the "nuke them" responses are, I hope, just knee-jerk reactions - not serious proposals.

When combined with the apparent lack of US interests being served by our remaining in Afghanistan, yes I think we need to get out. That "country" will be a disorganized shithole whether we spend our blood and money there or not.

Exactly.

Much of the populations of both Pakistan and Afghanistan seldom even think of two countries. The Pashtun home is actually in Pakistan.

Just another 'country' created by drawing lines on a map....drawn by Europeans of course. (See North and South Vietnam, North and South Korea.)

We have a fine military but we're using them up. Four years......too long.

Wart

1 Patriot-of-many
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Some of the most moronic theories are compacted into this here thread and it saddens me to think this forum has slid off into the point of no return as far as real intellectual conversation instead of quick one-liners that include eradicating a whole race over the actions of a few.

Nukes on a stone age society? Really..?
I'd hate to see your brilliant tactics on a more formidable foe cause God help us if and when other superpowers decide they have had enough of our bullshit.
We had the same tactics ready for more formidable foes. Curtis Lemay, Douglas MacArthur and a few other generals were more than ready and willing to take care of problems before they could fight back in the same way. Instead we took your approach and it gave us 50+ years of low intensity high $$$$ cost and tons of our bodies. Hope you are happy. A few? Bullshit. Ever read the Koran? If they believe in it they are the enemy.

Warthogg
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
We had the same tactics ready for more formidable foes. Curtis Lemay, Douglas MacArthur and a few other generals were more than ready and willing to take care of problems before they could fight back in the same way. Instead we took your approach and it gave us 50+ years of low intensity high $$$$ cost and tons of our bodies. Hope you are happy. A few? Bullshit. Ever read the Koran? If they believe in it they are the enemy.

In Afghanistan, where would you drop nuclear weapons ??

Wart

chiak47
03-11-2012, 11:35 PM
We had the same tactics ready for more formidable foes. Curtis Lemay, Douglas MacArthur and a few other generals were more than ready and willing to take care of problems before they could fight back in the same way.
Your using MacArthur's plan as a template for nuclear war?
He dismissed the Chinese threat and the threat of the weather during Korea and only when guys like my Grandpa were overrun by human waves was when the good general decided to use a nuke approach.
Literally he was an incompetent pompous ass who misunderstood the liquid flow of a battlefield.

Instead we took your approach and it gave us 50+ years of low intensity high $$$$ cost and tons of our bodies.
My approach? I'm an isolationist. Screw the rest of the world unless we are under a DIRECT fatal threat. Several nations do it and they fare well...

Hope you are happy. A few? Bullshit. Ever read the Koran? If they believe in it they are the enemy.
Have you ever read the old testament? Same principle.

chiak47
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM

Wart
Well now we need another 6'4" boogie man with kidney problems to chase for 10 years and maybe we can blast him into the stone age...

alismith
03-11-2012, 11:51 PM

Wart

That's an easy question to answer. Get an enlarged map of Afganistan. Tape it to the wall. Step back ten paces. Take a dart. Close your eyes and throw. The closest city to the dart is Ground Zero.

Then, do the same thing again, but with a handful of darts. Continue until Afganistan is nothing more than a glowing hole in the lithosphere. From there, go to Iraq, then Iran, then every other country in the area that kisses Allah's ass.

Would I be the one to push the button? Hell yeah! I'd even pay to do it!

chiak47
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
That's an easy question to answer. Get an enlarged map of Afganistan. Tape it to the wall. Step back ten paces. Take a dart. Close your eyes and throw. The closest city to the dart is Ground Zero.

Then, do the same thing again, but with a handful of darts. Continue until Afganistan is nothing more than a glowing hole in the lithosphere. From there, go to Iraq, then Iran, then every other country in the area that kisses Allah's ass.

http://villagethinker.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/internettoughguys.jpg

chiak47
03-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Now it's time to ignore the nuke mentality that has no bearing on reality....

We had a good thing going with daily progress....
http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/files/.a/6a00d8341cc90353ef0120a8994e3d970b-pi.jpg

BUT...
All the attaboys are thrown out by 1 ohh shit...

mriddick
03-12-2012, 03:28 AM
I wonder if in the end the reaction to this will not be as great as the reaction to the book burning. I'm sure the taliban will use it for their own means but lets face it they use the sun rising and the moon setting as a reason to attack us. I'd be more likely to believe the average afghan will want their blood money (of which we have alot) and have the sgt put on trial then go back to not caring as much as they did when the koran got burnt.

alismith
03-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I wonder if in the end the reaction to this will not be as great as the reaction to the book burning. I'm sure the taliban will use it for their own means but lets face it they use the sun rising and the moon setting as a reason to attack us. I'd be more likely to believe the average afghan will want their blood money (of which we have alot) and have the sgt put on trial then go back to not caring as much as they did when the koran got burnt.

This would depend on whether they view family (people) as more important than religious belief. I think we alrady know that answer to that one.

Then, the question becomes which is the better stance; let your family be killed or let your religious beliefs be trashed?

5.56NATO
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Honestly, Osama may have been dead for years before the poor sucker in Pakistan got targetted as Osama, wich allowed the 0bama regime to off a mess of SEALs, you know how the 0bama regime hates SEALs.

Warthogg
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM

We can kill 128 Afghans per square mile with that approach.

I'm also not quite sure how to bomb a stone age people with cell phones back into the stone age. (Guess we could bomb their cell phones maybe.....)

Wart

1 Patriot-of-many
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
We can kill 128 Afghans per square mile with that approach.

I'm also not quite sure how to bomb a stone age people with cell phones back into the stone age. (Guess we could bomb their cell phones maybe.....)

Wart
We would have to compare how much we've spent till now(Don't forget our soldiers lives BTW which is a really hard factor to reconcile) with the cost of the nukes to be employed, I'm guessing the payoff would be with the nukes but I don't have actual figures.

Warthogg
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
We would have to compare how much we've spent till now with the cost of the nukes to be employed, I'm guessing the payoff would be with the nukes but I don't have actual figures.

Or we could start pulling our troops out later this afternoon.

Wart

alismith
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Wart

Actually, this is probably the best proposal yet. Too bad politicians don't have that mindset.

Nashorn
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I wonder what meds he was on.

Maybe some Black Tar opium. They make it in that part of the world you know.

5.56NATO
03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe some Black Tar opium. They make it in that part of the world you know.

I was thinking more along the lines of prescription meds as they usualy have more mind control properties. Dunno if opium makes people murder, but the kids who did Columbine High School were on prescription meds with known "side effects".

Nashorn
03-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of prescription meds as they usualy have more mind control properties. Dunno if opium makes people murder, but the kids who did Columbine High School were on prescription meds with known "side effects".

True, Stress also makes people do strange things. If that was his fourth tour he probably just snapped. Doing four tours and no end in sight of how many more to follow probably broke him, and who knows how many others out there getting ready to snap.

slamfire51
03-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Nuking is out, IMO. After all, no need to contaminate the oil supplies.

A little less knee jerk reaction would be to infect the Middle East with the 'Zombie virus' (Walking Dead) and let the shooters of the world have some fun.

Krupski
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
IMO this guy came to the real conclusion ... they are ALL the enemy. A friendly Muslim is like having a Pet Rattlesnake; always unpredictable and always deadly.

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don't lie, amen

Krupski
03-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes, there is.

...then they're not real muzzies.

Krupski
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
What we need to do is get our people out now. There is no 'winning' in Afghanistan.

Wart

Do you remember about 2 years ago (on the old board before it went down) I always asked "what's the goal in Iraq?" and "I assume there is a goal and when the goal is reached our soldiers will pack up and come home" and almost everyone accused me of being "unamerican" and "aiding the enemy" for not being "all for the war"?

mriddick
03-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Do you remember about 2 years ago (on the old board before it went down) I always asked "what's the goal in Iraq?" and "I assume there is a goal and when the goal is reached our soldiers will pack up and come home" and almost everyone accused me of being "unamerican" and "aiding the enemy" for not being "all for the war"?
"Almost everyone"? 2 years ago? Nope don't remember that...I'd think 2 years ago if you did a poll leaving would of won by a wide margin. :)

I always said we were there to draw out the enemy and kill them. I think we should of started drawing down after saddam was caught. Just as in other ways after osama was killed we should of started leaving Afghanistan.

5.56NATO
03-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Goal? Same as LBJ had in Vietnam, profit for self and supporters and reduce population per Henry Kissinger et al. The doctrine developed in confiscating arms and in LIC may come in handy for them some day. W himself said that Iraq had nothing to do with 911, and he would know. Nothing has changed, not even the contractors. Sick isn't it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Study_Memorandum_200
http://www.rense.com/general59/kissingereugenics.htm
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/food_for_peace/kiss_nssm_jb_1995.html

chiak47
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
...then they're not real muzzies.

_
Bullshit. I don't follow the laws of the old testament so does that make me a fake Christian?

stinker
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
_
Bullshit. I don't follow the laws of the old testament so does that make me a fake Christian?

It's a small talking point, but there is no new testament to the quran. They are following the "old testament" so to speak and christianity has never had a core mandate to either convert or kill anyone of a different faith. Prostelytize for sure, but choice is allways there, unless you happened to worship Molech aka Ba'al (Leviticus 18:21, 20:2-5). Those people had child sacrifice as a core practice so i don't particularly have a problem with anyone that wants to slaughter them as a form of recreation.

LAGC
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
It's a small talking point, but there is no new testament to the quran. They are following the "old testament" so to speak and christianity has never had a core mandate to either convert or kill anyone of a different faith. Prostelytize for sure, but choice is allways there, unless you happened to worship Molech aka Ba'al (Leviticus 18:21, 20:2-5). Those people had child sacrifice as a core practice so i don't particularly have a problem with anyone that wants to slaughter them as a form of recreation.

Well, there's moderates in every religion. "Moderate" meaning those who don't take their holy book literally and seriously, regardless of Old or New Testament. Versus fundamentalists who do.

The goal should be to get ALL religious people to quit taking their holy books so seriously and literally. After all, they were all written over a millennium ago. Lots has changed in human culture, and I don't just mean technology.

btcave
03-13-2012, 08:57 PM
The goal should be to get ALL religious people to quit taking their holy books so seriously and literally. After all, they were all written over a millennium ago. Lots has changed in human culture, and I don't just mean technology.

Unachievable without genocide. The goal is to learn to live with others. Christians, Muslems, Athiests, etc. That covers everyone. We still have to fight and kill, but that's going to happen no matter what. WE ARE HUMAN AND WE KILL! There will be no peaceful utopia, only a managed peace/war cycle.

Yes, that means you too need to learn to live with and respect others too hero. (But be always armed)

Warthogg
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM

I don't recall that specific post but I understand the sentiment.

Wart

stinker
03-13-2012, 09:13 PM
The goal should be to get ALL religious people to quit taking their holy books so seriously and literally. After all, they were all written over a millennium ago.
Said like a true socialist that just accidentally told the truth about his beliefs.
Stop trying to remake people "better" according to your own image for their own good.

Lots has changed in human culture, and I don't just mean technology.

Name one thing. Nothing today is actually new, just the people doing it and how they go about doing it are.

Warthogg
03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
US official says suspect in shooting of 16 Afghan civilians has been flown out of Afghanistan.

AP...6 hrs ago
http://twitter.com/#!/robertburnsAP/status/180001431812702209

Seems there may be video........some sort of surveillance cameras.

Wart

1 Patriot-of-many
03-15-2012, 12:00 AM

Wart
I have no problem with pulling our troops out. warning: fuck with us again and get not troops in your country; inhabitable zones.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Well, there's moderates in every religion. "Moderate" meaning those who don't take their holy book literally and seriously, regardless of Old or New Testament. Versus fundamentalists who do.

Don't remember too many Christians or Jews or Buddhists reading from a book telling them to kill all unbelievers. That little blurb you Commies forget.

Helen Keller
03-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Just 16?

That's kinda disappointing.

LAGC
03-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Don't remember too many Christians or Jews or Buddhists reading from a book telling them to kill all unbelievers. That little blurb you Commies forget.

Well, they sure did back in the day. Crusades, anyone? Inquisition?

The only reason they don't any more is because so few take their religion seriously any more.

We still need to work on that in certain parts of the world...

mriddick
03-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Do we need to bring up how many your religion of choice (socialism) has killed?

Truthfully I think it's no accident much of the killings in the name of Christ stopped when people started taking their religion seriously, started reading for themselves and challenged the church in it's teachings. When people in the west took away political power from the church the ability to kill was done. One of the problems with islam (or socialism) is how the religion is tied so closely to the political power, even Israel IMO has this problem and it's one reason that area is always in turmoil.

ltorlo64
03-15-2012, 07:34 AM

Truthfully I think it's no accident much of the killings in the name of Christ stopped when people started taking their religion seriously, started reading for themselves and challenged the church in it's teachings. When people in the west took away political power from the church the ability to kill was done. One of the problems with islam (or socialism) is how the religion is tied so closely to the political power, even Israel IMO has this problem and it's one reason that area is always in turmoil.

Thanks for that. Well said, quick and to the point. A very important point a lot of people miss.

LAGC
03-15-2012, 08:00 AM

I love it when people compare religion with socialism, a man-made construct. Are you again admitting that religion is nothing more than a man-made ideology, like socialism?

Truthfully I think it's no accident much of the killings in the name of Christ stopped when people started taking their religion seriously, started reading for themselves and challenged the church in it's teachings.

Hardly. The Reformation was all about watering down the word and taking a more liberal approach to the Bible's teachings. Whereas the Roman Catholic Church had strict traditional/conservative monopoly over its interpretation, the wide publication of the Bible helped many new (and less rigid) interpretations of the Bible spring forth.

Bottom line is: if you really believe the Bible to be literal and true, that anyone who doesn't believe in it is destined to eternal torment, why WOULDN'T you use any means necessary to stop a rival religion or ideology from stopping people from believing in it?

The answer, of course, is that it's pretty safe to say not very many people really believe it anymore... and thank God for that!

When people in the west took away political power from the church the ability to kill was done.

You must have never heard of the Salem Witch trials? Bosnia-Hertzegovina? The Lord's Resistance Army in Africa right now? There are still pockets of believers who are more than willing to kill for interpretations of their Bibles. Christianity still has blood on its hands.

5.56NATO
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM
"Are you again admitting that religion is nothing more than a man-made ideology, like socialism?"

Well, you have religion, socialism being one religion where "man shall save man" even though man can't even control himself, and then you have truth.

"You see how those who speak the truth are judged by those that have the power upon earth"

mriddick
03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
I love it when people compare religion with socialism, a man-made construct. Are you again admitting that religion is nothing more than a man-made ideology, like socialism?

I have no problem with saying religion is how man decides how and what to worship, some ideas are just more worthy of that worship.

N/A
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Lawyer for the accussed.

http://home.suddenlink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9TH7CM00%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1011
More
http://home.suddenlink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9TH5L881%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1011