PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Channel: Doomsday Bunkers

O.S.O.K.
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Is on right now :)

L1A1Rocker
03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
So is SouthPark:)

Saw this one, I'll check out what comes on at 10.

BTW, The Undefeated is on right now too. It started at 7

O.S.O.K.
03-11-2012, 09:12 PM
What did that uber bunker cost? $485K? I think? Wow. Basically an underground house.

They had a program on right before this about the Yellowstone caldera.... if that baby lets go, we are all toast!

gpwasr10
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Man... if I am underground when the 'Lypse hits.... what good is all that ammo gunna do me? I say thee nay, I wanna find a nice rooftop someplace, grab a few handles of Jack out of my basement... maybe some Chili... and some Scotch and embrace the insanity. OR, go in the first wave. LOL

O.S.O.K.
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Damn the torpedoes huh...

L1A1Rocker
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM
What did that uber bunker cost? $485K? I think? Wow. Basically an underground house.

They had a program on right before this about the Yellowstone caldera.... if that baby lets go, we are all toast!

Yeah, that's pretty pricy. I was thinking that you could do it a LOT cheeper using shipping containers.

I've seen and read lots about the Yellowstone caldera. It's not a matter of "if", but when it lets go. Did the show you watched talk about the time the lake tilted over and ran backwards for a time when a magma buble pushed the lake flore up?

caaraa
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Really good thread.I like this!
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/2.tod.gif

Charliebravo
03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Man... if I am underground when the 'Lypse hits.... what good is all that ammo gunna do me? I say thee nay, I wanna find a nice rooftop someplace, grab a few handles of Jack out of my basement... maybe some Chili... and some Scotch and embrace the insanity. OR, go in the first wave. LOL

I've thought about that. There are all kinds of things that a nefarious group of people could do to an underground bunker if they found it. Pour something flammable down the ventilation pipes, seal off the ventilation, etc. While I wouldn't mind having one of those, I'd want it big enough to fit quite a few people so that there would always be a few men working perimeter security in the trees while the others slept.

btcave
03-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Yeah, that's pretty pricy. I was thinking that you could do it a LOT cheeper using shipping containers.

I've read some bad experiences from buried shipping containers over the years. Not first hand mind you, but you might want to research it if you ever get a wild hair to actually do it.

l921428x
03-12-2012, 12:12 AM

Damn, fun in the sun with guns. Jack, chili, Scotch and something to plink at...LOL!!
Embrace Joy.

btcave
03-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Damn the torpedoes huh...

Time for bed... I read this as "Damn the topless ho's"

Good night.