PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a Timney in my LR-308T today.

nfa1934
03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Bolt carrier drags on the hammer. Gonna have to do some filing. Did some looking online, seems to be fairly common, but easily fixed with a few passes with a file. Love the trigger pull, I'll gladly do a little fitting for this much improvement in the trigger.

Schuetzenman
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Got any photos of it, the trigger system that is and how it fits in the weapon?

nfa1934
03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Got any photos of it, the trigger system that is and how it fits in the weapon?

Busy week. I'll try to take some pics this weekend.

nfa1934
03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Finally got around to filing down the hammer. Took a lot more than a few passes with a file. After about an hour of monkeying around with a file and some stones with no progress, I broke out the dremel. Took about five minutes after that.

Forgot to take pics. Been a little busy.

davepool
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear about that, kinda sucks to pay that much for a trigger and have to break out the dremel. The one i put in my LR308 dropped in with no problems, which is good cause i live about 30 minutes from their shop. Did you call them to see what the problem might have been, they've always been very helpful when i stop in to ask questions.

The difference in trigger pull is amazing though, stock, my LR308 had the worst trigger of any of my ARs.

nfa1934
04-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Sorry to hear about that, kinda sucks to pay that much for a trigger and have to break out the dremel. The one i put in my LR308 dropped in with no problems, which is good cause i live about 30 minutes from their shop. Did you call them to see what the problem might have been, they've always been very helpful when i stop in to ask questions.

The difference in trigger pull is amazing though, stock, my LR308 had the worst trigger of any of my ARs.

Did some searches online when I initially had a problem. Seems fairly common with a Timney/LR308 combo. Tolerances aren't too tight with the DPMS lowers, on one end of the tolerances the Timney rides just high enough to cause a problem. The other end of tolerances, no problem with a Timney.

Love the Timney, putting the stock trigger group back in wasn't an option. I've got one in my AR SBR too. Works beautifully with my .300 BLK upper. My .22LR upper needed a little tinkering to run with the Timney. Wouldn't set off a round. Had to file away half the striking surface of the firing pin. Seems to be a common issue with the CMMG/Timney combination.

j.parker
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
i love my dpms .308 but that trigger is horrendous i still have the stock trig but after some tinkering i finally got the creep out of it is there a way to tell/ measure if i would have the same problem when i get around to replacing it