PDA

View Full Version : It's HERE!!!

Richard Simmons
03-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Sorry for the crappy scanned images but no camera handy. This is the Zero Tolerance/Rick Hinderer collaboration that I preordered last July. Just got it yesterday after a couple of days in limbo at the post office.

Your looking at 4" of Elmax steel, 3-D machined G10 and titamium with lockbar stabalizer and KVT bearing system instead of the usual pivot with washers and a deep carry (lowrider) clip.

It's a flipper design but you can use the thumbstuds too. Very smooth. In fact it's about the only knife I have that I can open as easily left handed as right. Blade is perfectly centered, shaving sharp and lockup is rock solid.

Basically I just got the Hinderer I've been wanting for years at about 1/3 the price.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/rsim20011/0560.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/rsim20011/0560-1.jpg

alismith
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Congrats. That's one fine looking folder. :thumbsup:

Richard Simmons
03-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you. I've been messing with it a good bit and it's getting smoother and smoother with each use. Really liking the fact that it's pretty much ambidextrous. I try and shoot left handed from time to time to keep in practice with my off hand but hadn't done the same with my knives with any frequency. Thinking about carrying this one on the opposite side for a few weeks and develop some muscle memory.

The more I use it the more I like it. If anyone is looking for a really well made and very useable folder this, IMHO would be a good one to consider. You can find cheaper but I don't know if, at this price point you could really find better.

Solidus-snake
03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you. I've been messing with it a good bit and it's getting smoother and smoother with each use. Really liking the fact that it's petty much ambidextrous. I try and shoot left handed from time to time to keep in practice with my off hand but hadn't done the same with my knives with any frequency. Thinking about carrying this one on the opposite side for a few weeks and develop some muscle memory.

The more I use it the more I like it. If anyone is looking for a really well made and very useable folder this, IMHO would be a good one to consider. You can find cheaper but I don't know if, at this price point you could really find better.

Damnit Rich.. *sigh*, whered you get it and how much? :D

Richard Simmons
03-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Damnit Rich.. *sigh*, whered you get it and how much? :D

I know, I'm a bad influence on your wallet.

Price was $260 but I don't know of a retailer that has any in stock as the first batches released went to fill the preorders that most of the online stores had. They have been showing up on For Sale boards on the various knife sites for $300-$350 if not higher.

Solidus-snake
03-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Whew, looks worth it but I think ill have to wait for them to come down a lil if possible, also have some pre election gun stuff to be stocking up. I hope to get one eventually tho, FINE looking blade there.

Richard Simmons
04-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Update:

After three weeks of carry I can honestly say I like this knife more every single. Smooth, comfortable, holds an edge, just love it.

The other day we received a peice of equipment that had tipped over in the back of the freight truck. It was palletized and covered with a heavy cardboard carton. I fipped out my 0560 and effortlessly sliced big chunks off the carton to check the item for damage prior to figuring out how to right a 2,000lb item without causing further damage. The driver simply said, "Damn, that's sharp".

I still have my Buck 301 Chairman in my offside pocket for finesse work but when it comes to jobs that need something bigger this ZT is what I'm reaching for. Great knife and probably my favorite, non Buck folder.