PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Panther Arms Oracle for $630

O.S.O.K.
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Cabelas is having a sale from March 15-25 and they have DPMS "optics ready" type carbines with 16" barrels on sale for $630 - includes two mags.

Pretty good deal.

Just thought I'd give anybody looking for something like this a heads up.

They have a nice adjustable buttstock and upgrade pg too.

Dafapa
03-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Looks like a pretty good deal (the listing I found on cabela's indicates 650.00). This appears to be the AR-15 version DPMS made without a forward assist. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand I think the forward assist is stupid and I don't really pay attention to it. However I think it was put there for a reason and I'd hate to need it and not have it. But yet again it would certainly make an AR-15 easier and cheaper to make.

Schuetzenman
03-19-2012, 06:28 AM
If the wepon is working right, you never touch the forward assist. When it starts to carbon up, you can use it to get a shot off in a last ditch desperation kind of way. Then again if you put in a piston conversion it wouldn't carbon up and you wouldn't really have a need for the forward assist.

O.S.O.K.
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Hmm, didn't notice the lack of forward assist....

American Rage
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Barrels aren't chrome lined either

American Rage
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Yesterday, I spent most of the day online looking at AR parts/kits/uppers/rifles, etc.

I think this is the best deal that I found according to my own wants which are for a lightweight, A2 carbine. Rock River makes one. And for $540 for the upper, I get a chrome lined barrel and a BONUS of a chromed BCG! Add $250 or so for a local lower, and I'd have a sweet rifle for under 8 hundred bucks. I personally think the A2 sights, chromed barrel, and chromed BCG would make the extra $150 spent be well worth it.

But that's just me.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=265

O.S.O.K.
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, I want a chromed lined barrel myself, though some think the unlined barrels are more accurate. All of my chromed AR's give MOA or better, so I don't see that....

And you're lower shouldn't cost $250... you should be able to get a very good one for $100 or less plus the shipping/ffl transfer - call it $140.

Helen Keller
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
guy i work with bought one about 2 months ago. Runs like a top with any ammo.

Show me another rifle with a forward assist?

American Rage
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Well, I want a chromed lined barrel myself, though some think the unlined barrels are more accurate. All of my chromed AR's give MOA or better, so I don't see that....

And you're lower shouldn't cost $250... you should be able to get a very good one for $100 or less plus the shipping/ffl transfer - call it $140.

I was speaking of a "complete lower," not stripped