PDA

View Full Version : \New take on a classic blade

Richard Simmons
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
The new Spyderco PUUKKO.

http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercopuukkofb28wdcpm-s30varizonaironwoodhandleleathersheathplainedge.as px

Don't have one yet but the Puukko has been on my short list for a long time. To me it's a classic, maybe even iconic knife that, to me at least reeks of rugged, long term use with basic materials and well thought ergonomics.

This latest rendition from Spyderco, IMHO is like a cadillac version of that old standby. while I don't really care for the Spydyhole (it's their trademark) it also doesn't bother me to the point that I couldn't live with it. The Ironwood looks great and the S30v should really bring out the ability of this knife design.

While it may not be completely true to the original design it sure looks nice and should make for a great little woodscraft knife. I know some of you are fans of the Puukko and other Finnish as well as Scandinavian blades, what do you think?

Penguin
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Looks like a nice. Probably a decent work knife though not what I would want for a fighting knife.

Richard Simmons
03-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah, not a real self defense blade but I kind of like it. I've been wanting something with Ironwood for a while but haven't found anything I wanted to spend the money on. This one may be too pretty to use hard but that's not a bad thing in a way. Wish the blade was about a 1/2" longer.