PDA

View Full Version : Done. Finally

hazmat
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
All except the test fire, that is.

Been working on a Franken-Yugo for what seems like forever. Got the trunions in and had to stop due to family committments. Tried to stuff the barrel and had to wait for a new rear sight because the original barrel was galled too bad to use. Then after I got the new RSB and had another barrel, and ruined that one by not aligning the RSB properly.

So a quick order to CFS for a used Yugo barrel and an afternoon pressing the stuff off the old barrel and onto the new one, I finally get the thing mounted. Only to find out the HS is way off. So I get the HS done which requires a new barrel pin, as the holes didn't quite line up. Last night I get the reamer in for the oversized pin and get that done.

Then, to add insult to injury, the firing pin retaining pin got stuck trying to reassemble the bolt which required it to be drilled out tonight.

But by God, she's finally done and put together.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/AK%20Stuff/photobucket-1634-1332296217646.jpg

So here's the break down:

Yugo barrel, sling, front end parts and for right now, top cover (I've got an Egyptian lined up, just needs modded to fit)
East German front trunion
NoDak Spud NDS1KP receiver
Hungarian trigger guard and bolt
Bulgarian side folder stock and trunion
Chinese PG and BC
Arsenal FCG
US comp and piston

And the mag is a GWOT bring-back Paki.

Sumbitch what a project. This one had me thinking and troubleshooting quite a bit. Learned alot on this one.

This is #1 of 3 other projects I'm trying to get done. I'm staring down the barrel of shoulder surgery in the next week or two and I want to get the big stuff done ASAP. The next one is redressing a broken screw on the front barrel band of a 1963 Win Model 94. The other is doing a Zastava PAP conversion (which I've got an M70 standard front trunion and bolt for, which should make this a fairly straight forward conversion).

Helen Keller
03-20-2012, 11:47 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like that setup

the skelly sidefolder is my favorite.

hazmat
03-21-2012, 06:09 AM
I had these parts lying around for or from other projects so I thought what the hell, I'll throw them together and see what comes out of it.

The RSB had to be narrowed to fit and it was looking like the barrel was going to have to be turned on a lathe to be able to fit a standard Euro RSB. Fortunately I was able to find a replacement Yugo RSB.

Like I said, it was a challenge to build.

O.S.O.K.
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
The build from hell!!!!

Congrats on getting it done - looks good!!

WB!
03-21-2012, 11:34 AM
It looks good. All you need now is an Egyption sling, and Rommanian bullets!

hazmat
03-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I looked around my parts box for as many different parts from as many different countries as I could find. I really wanted to include a Russian part or two, but alas I didn't have any other parts than stock parts (which don't fit all that well with Yugo barrels).